Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
I take it you've never played World of Warcraft before.
God damn.

I logged on to see this carnival
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Graunch Programmer
Geovanie Legend is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Geovanie Legend Send a message via AIM to Geovanie Legend Send a message via MSN to Geovanie Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Geovanie Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
God damn.

I logged on to see this carnival
Sorry Rufus, i mean in all reality I should keep the server name as Darkmoon, we just couldn't have a Darkmoon Faire, however we could call it something else.

And next time please read a bit better, not trying to be mean, but i did say "planned for release day" which means we were going to have the fair/carnival the day the server went classic.

I am open to any suggestions though.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geovanie Legend View Post
Sorry Rufus, i mean in all reality I should keep the server name as Darkmoon, we just couldn't have a Darkmoon Faire, however we could call it something else.

And next time please read a bit better, not trying to be mean, but i did say "planned for release day" which means we were going to have the fair/carnival the day the server went classic.

I am open to any suggestions though.
I didn't read the initial post, sorry.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:01 PM
eronix is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't say it looks like Runescape.. At all.

Must agree though, some graphics really just clash with some others, the brick wall, the wooden gates.. They just don't mix with the large tree.

The tileset is fair, but still nothing totally amazing.

You're a big name on graal, you'll definitely be able to get yourself some good staff.

Oh I like the ideas too, they're pretty hot, and really doesn't sound like Runescape, but it may be outrun by GK, so you might want to make sure you do something special to it.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Hmm, don't have mushroom tiles on the tileset, has them as separate images, because they get stretched by the terrain (gmap file)..
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
<3
Moonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moonite Send a message via Yahoo to Moonite
there is nothing wrong with taken ideas from other games *points to Warhammer Online* they took allmost all the good ideas from every other mmorpg/rpg and there own ideas ans thats why its going to be such great game...

and if this Server is going to do the same its going to be great!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonite View Post
there is nothing wrong with taken ideas from other games *points to Warhammer Online* they took allmost all the good ideas from every other mmorpg/rpg and there own ideas ans thats why its going to be such great game...

and if this Server is going to do the same its going to be great!
I hope that was sarcasm or even irony, because I couldn't see it..
But, because Warhammer does, do we have to?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Graunch Programmer
Send a message via ICQ to Geovanie Legend Send a message via AIM to Geovanie Legend Send a message via MSN to Geovanie Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Geovanie Legend
Actually the basis of some of my ideas do come from years of playing rpg's and mmorpg's, but I will not in any way make them direct copies of another game.

Like I had a "Silver Vein" test npc, Darkvillin seen it and complained i stole it from WoW so I simply changed it to "Silver Deposit".
Now i'm sure someone will either complain about that or something else we do, but in the end all that really matters is if people enjoy the server or not.

One thing we will be doing that no other Graal server has done (that I know of), is that upon release we will have a level cap of say 40, then later we will release an expansion so to speak that add's entire new areas, monsters, loot, etc. and increase the max level to like 60.
We may end up doing this multiple times, this way we prevent being around for a while then having to go back to dev and start all over like most servers have had to do.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:50 PM
<3
Moonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moonite Send a message via Yahoo to Moonite
well i didnt say anything wrong, did i?
i was just telling that all the great game cpied the good things of other games and that since videogame beeing
Old 04-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Graunch Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonite View Post
well i didnt say anything wrong, did i?
i was just telling that all the great game cpied the good things of other games and that since videogame beeing
In certain aspects this is quite true.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
So many games have came out, original ideas are wearing thin... Hell, most professional game companies have a hard time making original concepts and ideas for their games, and people expect players who do this stuff for free with their free time to do the same?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Graunch Programmer
Ok here is what we are hiring for and our current staff.

Staff -
Ganis - Loren
GS2 - Chris Zakuto
Gfx - Gate, Sky, Suruku
Levels - Exil

What we need
1. Terrain based levelers
2. Music/Sfx
3. GScript2 scripters

Please contact me for more information and I will tell you how to contact the appropriate person for the job your interested in.
Please do not ask for a position that is not listed here!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
I take it you've never played World of Warcraft before.
Haha i remember that =P

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geovanie Legend View Post
GS2 - Chris Zakuto
I feel loved.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Graunch Programmer
Ok small update, we no longer have our gani's person, but we do have a new levels person (Reno Canavi) and a new scripter (Nerv).
Yes these are the originals from classic N-Pulse or have worked with/for me before.

We could still use someone for gani's, sfx, music, and another gfx person to help Sky.