Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-02-2006, 06:42 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
etc!
Haha, I never would have thought we'd be getting support from VT, etc. That's pretty exciting. This will probably be the most ridiculous experience you've ever had on graal. In other words....It's just crazy enough to work!
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Uhm, and I'll be the to point out that you will not be able to not allow V4 because sooner than later (hopefuly real soon) V2 will be disabled globally so you MUST use V4

V4 isnt laggy so long as you have updated drivers and the server is scripted right.

Sorry to say that you maybe shouldnt have been so secretive and should have been publicly saying your ideas so we could tell you the things you cant do already.

Allowing swearing is probably the most you will get away with.. and as soon as a serious problem happens you will be in big trouble.. trust me.

Graal is responsible for ANYTHING that happens on their servers/software. Just like if someone slips and breaks their leg on your property.. it doesnt matter if they are 24 years old.. you will be held responsible for their medical bills and probably punitive damages.

While I think it might be a good idea for a more.. mature playerworld (I feel that Era is somewhat a more mature PW) I don't think you should just throw stuff in there simply to say its mature. I plan on having a ToS agreement for my pw simply because of the nature of the PW.. items that will be rare that could possibly be stolen lost or scammmed.. I will have to make set of rules players will need to agree with.

Anyways, revise things and you can have a pretty fun playerworld.. but theres a difference between a 'no rules' playerworld and a 'against the rules' playerworld.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Actually..v4 is much less laggy..and a much better client. And you'll be forced to use it sooner or later.
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 04-04-2006, 01:44 AM
Banned
Zorganite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcaptain
Uhm, and I'll be the to point out that you will not be able to not allow V4 because sooner than later (hopefuly real soon) V2 will be disabled globally so you MUST use V4

V4 isnt laggy so long as you have updated drivers and the server is scripted right.

Sorry to say that you maybe shouldnt have been so secretive and should have been publicly saying your ideas so we could tell you the things you cant do already.

Allowing swearing is probably the most you will get away with.. and as soon as a serious problem happens you will be in big trouble.. trust me.

Graal is responsible for ANYTHING that happens on their servers/software. Just like if someone slips and breaks their leg on your property.. it doesnt matter if they are 24 years old.. you will be held responsible for their medical bills and probably punitive damages.

While I think it might be a good idea for a more.. mature playerworld (I feel that Era is somewhat a more mature PW) I don't think you should just throw stuff in there simply to say its mature. I plan on having a ToS agreement for my pw simply because of the nature of the PW.. items that will be rare that could possibly be stolen lost or scammmed.. I will have to make set of rules players will need to agree with.

Anyways, revise things and you can have a pretty fun playerworld.. but theres a difference between a 'no rules' playerworld and a 'against the rules' playerworld.
Thats stupid. Absolutly the most idiotic post I have read so far concerning my server.

When you go to a skate park, they make you sign a terms of service, which basically says, that if you get hurt on their park and die, you cannot sue the park or company by any means. If you dont sign the agreement, then you cannot go on the park. Plus, your server doesn't need a terms of service, as what you have said is already in Cyberjouers. You have no need for one, and you are way over your head if you think that you do.

Same with my server. I am saying that when you enter the server, you agree that anything you see that may offend or anger you, you cannot make Graal, the server, or it's staff responible because you signed our servers terms of service. When you sign up for the account and you sign Graal's terms of service, everythings good, and I bet none of you have read it.

I bet Moonie hasn't read it recently, but will say otherwise, because you are, from what I've heard, a Bush supporting conservative. I, myself, am a weed smoking liberal. I know right off the bat that you will hate my server, and you will do everything in your fake-admin powers to make sure my server doesnt get off the ground. But, my terms of service when you first enter my server clearly states what can happen on my server, and if you do not agree, then it server warps you other places. It doesn't go against Graal's terms of service, and if any part of it does, then I am remaking it slightly to fit the needs of Graal's players to fit the servers purpose. Otherwise, nothing is wrong with the server at all, and no Global should have a problem since I have a certain terms of service.

If you don't like my server or it's ideas, then shut up. I don't care. I'll submit my server reguardless and go through the inspections. If it goes up, don't agree with my terms of service and go else where. ZegaZega needs not idiots in the server. It's demographic is towards free-thinking mature players. Not narrow-minded seinors, or snappy, and generally stupid 16 year olds.

As for anyone else who still likes my server, get dressed up :]

edit:
I know for a fact that he allows things on game that are not allowed on the forums. And I know that when my server is up, it won't cause enough of a trobule to make him shut it down. The worst thats gonna happen is some globals will attempt to make me do things the mundane and stupid way to where all servers fail unless they've been up for along time.

Last edited by Zorganite; 04-04-2006 at 03:46 AM..
Old 04-04-2006, 01:47 AM
I Fight Bears
Although I would love to play, the V4 thing is a must if you want to get through the inspections.
Robert Frost
Old 04-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorganite
I bet Moonie hasn't read it recently, but will say otherwise, because you are, from what I've heard, a Bush supporting conservative. I, myself, am a weed smoking liberal. I know right off the bat that you will hate my server, and you will do everything in your fake-admin powers to make sure my server doesnt get off the ground. But, my terms of service when you first enter my server clearly states what can happen on my server, and if you do not agree, then it server warps you other places. It doesn't go against Graal's terms of service, and if any part of it does, then I am remaking it slightly to fit the needs of Graal's players to fit the servers purpose. Otherwise, nothing is wrong with the server at all, and no Global should have a problem since I have a certain terms of service.

If you don't like my server or it's ideas, then shut up. I don't care. I'll submit my server reguardless and go through the inspections. If it goes up, don't agree with my terms of service and go else where. ZegaZega needs not idiots in the server. It's demographic is towards free-thinking mature players. Not narrow-minded seinors, or snappy, and generally stupid 16 year olds.
Whoa...What does my supporting Bush have to do with anything?
I mean, be for real.
Unixmad doesn't even want anything close to that on the forums, and you think it will be allowed on the game?
I doubt it, but good luck in trying...

I don't get how you think that you can allow things that Graalonline does not want on the game, simply because you can type up your own ToS in a sense.

And, actually, yes I have read the ToS, and the Graal rules many times since I have been playing. I re-read them often to make sure I know what I am talking about when I say something to people, or when I need to send a paragraph from them to someone.

I have fake admin powers? Ok...

Sorry, but I cannot see Stefan or Unixmad allowing a server to go up that does all the things you state. That is the opinion from this narrow-minded, old, Bush supporting Republican
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Whoa...What does my supporting Bush have to do with anything?
I mean, be for real.
Unixmad doesn't even want anything close to that on the forums, and you think it will be allowed on the game?
I doubt it, but good luck in trying...
1) The game is, in general, far more lenient. Comparing the forums to the game is silly; there are no rules against linking to outside URLs, etc.
2) His allusion to politics could have to do with many Bush supporters being fundamentalists who demand things are their way or they will actively seek to punish their opponents. I'm a Bush supporter and don't have this problem, but there are many who do.
Quote:
I don't get how you think that you can allow things that Graalonline does not want on the game, simply because you can type up your own ToS in a sense.
Graalonline is not an moral entity. If it has any interests in a business sense, "it" will allow this if it stood to make them money.
Quote:
And, actually, yes I have read the ToS, and the Graal rules many times since I have been playing. I re-read them often to make sure I know what I am talking about when I say something to people, or when I need to send a paragraph from them to someone.
o_O
Then you should know that the Graal ToS does nothing but limit the users' rights. It says nothing about its obligation to the consumer. It can make exceptions at the administrators' discretion, and all the ToS really says is that users can't generally mass profane things, etc. It doesn't say that GraalOnline will not allow these things to go on absolutely, and even if it did, that could change in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Sorry, but I cannot see Stefan or Unixmad allowing a server to go up that does all the things you state. That is the opinion from this narrow-minded, old, Bush supporting Republican
That's fine, but don't pretend that you have the ability to say he will be "banned". You have no right to say so, nor any proof.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Unixmad/Stefan don't care about being held responsible, they care about losing "potential customers" because of graphic content.

I guarantee if your server ever gets put up, it will never be the way you say it.
Plus you will have to rescript everything for V4.. so there goes another 4 months it wont be up.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:22 AM
I Fight Bears
Quote:
so there goes another 4 months it wont be up.
I'd rather see something in four months instead of the infinite months it'll be before we see 99.9% of the other servers in the works. Atleast the kid's got an original idea.
Robert Frost
Old 04-04-2006, 06:33 AM
Banned
-shrug- I could make a pw where you have to find wild animals to have sex with.. and gain exp and new sex positions if you get enough.. and have it done in a few days. that would be a pretty original idea... but that doesnt mean its an idea that should be made into a PW.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:36 AM
I Fight Bears
Quote:
-shrug- I could make a pw where you have to find wild animals to have sex with.. and gain exp and new sex positions if you get enough.. and have it done in a few days. that would be a pretty original idea... but that doesnt mean its an idea that should be made into a PW.
You'd also be gross.
Robert Frost
Old 04-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Banned
Quote:
That would be a really cool server.

Seriously, it would be like a whole new Graal experience.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
An original idea? Maybe I missed something earlier, but all he's really said about the server is that you'll be able to curse and get away with it. That's nice and all, but what about the actual gameplay of the server? What else does it offer besides being allowed to curse..?
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 04-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitkizi
An original idea? Maybe I missed something earlier, but all he's really said about the server is that you'll be able to curse and get away with it. That's nice and all, but what about the actual gameplay of the server? What else does it offer besides being allowed to curse..?
Didn't you see the hot dancing anime girl?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Banned
Zorganite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That sounds similar to some flash games on 4chan.

And if you had a terms of service, saying the age had to be 21+ or something, then yeah, you couldnt be held responcible for a 12 year old playing that server. And since such lewdness will not be on my server, there is no trouble is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitkizi
You obviously did not read my other thread about the server. The things I had said are simply a preview of what you can do on the server, not what is going to be on it.

And you better believe they're be anime girls dancin somewhere.