Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 12:54 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Question!

Do current online PWs get like 2-3 months free before they have to start paying
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 06-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitkizi
Question!

Do current online PWs get like 2-3 months free before they have to start paying
I am totally confused as to what happenes with the ones currently online
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-14-2003, 01:17 AM
Nil Recurring
Quote:
Originally posted by Darlene159
I am totally confused as to what happenes with the ones currently online
Same here, from the sound of it. Only like 4 (or 7?) of the current PWs will make it, then the rest shut down? Or go UC? Will there still be UC? Or is the third list the "crap bin"?
Old 06-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Hmm but judging by what you said, there will only be seven visible playerworlds online? Four in the #2 group, and three in the #1 group? So all #3 group playerworlds are invisible (like private pw's are now)?

If you're only allowing four playerworlds in the #2 group, how is any #3 group playerworld supposed to take over their position?

The internal rating system is interesting though... This is going to be automated or something? (Like dynamically repositioning the pw's in the list according to their "rank")

It would be neat to see the internal rankings of all the online playerworlds. Like which one has the most points and stuff.

Like the others have asked, what is going to happen to current playerworlds, and also, what is going to happen with all the private playerworlds?

EDIT
Oh I see, nevermind... Each month the playerworlds get a chance to go up or down a group, heheh.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 06-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Nil Recurring
Erh, shouldn't the really bad playerworlds be the ones that anyone can play, and not the special ones in the #1 list? I mean, what will make people want to buy an account if they can play on the best playerworlds for free
Old 06-14-2003, 02:32 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitkizi
Erh, shouldn't the really bad playerworlds be the ones that anyone can play, and not the special ones in the #1 list? I mean, what will make people want to buy an account if they can play on the best playerworlds for free
Uhhh no dude, he's talking about the manager having to pay, not the players. The number one and two positions are for gold/vip people only. Meaning you have to have a gold or vip account to play those servers. The third group is invisible, but supposedly gold/vip can access it (like private pw's)

The manager doesn't have to pay for their playerworld if it's in the top 7.

Old 06-14-2003, 02:37 AM
Old Bee
Re: Release date for PlayerWorld hosting

Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
When you just order a PlayerWorld hosting you start in the Third group.

Each Month the last of the first group will go in the second group and the first of the second will go in the first group.

The PlayerWorld Team will decide what server go from the second group to the Third group.
I understand this, but what happens to the playerworlds in the top seven, who haven't paid, when they fall below the top seven? Do they have to pay if they fall out of the ranking or what? Because I mean, you're switching them each month, meaning it could only take them a month to move back up in the top seven again, and it would be silly to make them pay 99 to 59 dollars just for one month.

I'm sure a few of the top seven will eventually fall below, so are they going to have to pay? I mean, that's kind of strange, it's like you have to pay no matter what really, unless you can maintain an extremely high point rating.

It seems like a constant battle to stay alive, heheh.

Old 06-14-2003, 02:39 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Oh I misread =/
I think we dont choose from 1 <->2 <-> 3
Only 2 <-> 3! Oh well the above comment by me is fairly invalid, as I thoguht we were looking over 1,2,3. Either way, alot of things will be put into consideration.
The ones that go to group 1 are decided by being at the top of group 2, so nobody really chooses them :P

Old 06-14-2003, 02:54 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks to me like only 7 PWs will be playable at a time unless you have a Gold/VIP account and can play the ones in Group 3. Weird as it may sound , group 3 sounds like the catch all trash bin of waiting PWs to get to the visible list. So why would someone with a Gold / VIP account want to play those servers? Seems to me these are the ones that will get the least amount of traffic.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-14-2003, 03:06 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Release date for PlayerWorld hosting

Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

I understand this, but what happens to the playerworlds in the top seven, who haven't paid, when they fall below the top seven? Do they have to pay if they fall out of the ranking or what? Because I mean, you're switching them each month, meaning it could only take them a month to move back up in the top seven again, and it would be silly to make them pay 99 to 59 dollars just for one month.

I'm sure a few of the top seven will eventually fall below, so are they going to have to pay? I mean, that's kind of strange, it's like you have to pay no matter what really, unless you can maintain an extremely high point rating.

It seems like a constant battle to stay alive, heheh.
I was wondering that myself, was just asking Moon god about that, lol
I mean, depending on the time of day...we (Npulse) sometimes are within the top 7, and sometimes we arent
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-14-2003, 03:07 AM
Nil Recurring
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks to me like only 7 PWs will be playable at a time unless you have a Gold/VIP account and can play the ones in Group 3. Weird as it may sound , group 3 sounds like the catch all trash bin of waiting PWs to get to the visible list. So why would someone with a Gold / VIP account want to play those servers? Seems to me these are the ones that will get the least amount of traffic.
Koni, you took what I said wrong, that's what I mean. But, if those are the crap servers, why upgrade to play those, when you can play the top with with a trial?

However, I just realized that you will still not have your attributes saved while using a trial on it.

It just seems odd, you'd think you would want the BEST OF THE BEST servers invisible to those without the gold/vip accounts. Well, at least I get to see the crappy servers!
Old 06-14-2003, 05:33 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Group 3 is exactly what you claim it to be. It's basically the waiting list to get in to group 2. Thing is, I really don't think there would be more than 7 GOOD servers in all, so really, I think the plan is a good one. If you can't stay up with the top seven, you don't really deserve to be on the list I guess.

Although the Group 3 playerworlds don't necassarily have to have low playercounts, it all depends on the players. I'm sure I will check on the Group 3 playerworlds when I can, to see if there are any diamonds in the rough, so to speak. But really, if they are being checked monthly by PWA, there isn't really a point in worrying about players. If the PWA don't even class you in group 2, maybe you need to work harder on your playerworld, heh.

Getting players has nothing to do with Group 3. You're only auditioning your playerworld to the PWA. Once you get in group 2, where you're visible, that is where players will actually matter.

On the other hand, if you're a server who doesn't care about being in the top seven, then you can just pay the money, and stay in the third group, and then just try to get players via word of mouth or whatever.

Old 06-14-2003, 05:38 AM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
On the other hand, if you're a server who doesn't care about being in the top seven, then you can just pay the money, and stay in the third group, and then just try to get players via word of mouth or whatever.
that wouldn't be so bad... exept then only gold, and VIP players could play your server...

the biggest problem i have is that most of my staff do not have upgraded accounts, or VIP... and a lot can't spend the money to do so... yet they have worked their butts off to make this world
Old 06-14-2003, 07:07 AM
zrpgp2p is on a distinguished road
I do like the way the system is set up, but I see one small problem. Servers that are in the 3rd area, will have alot of trouble getting help and improving themselves, because most people wont want to play there and/or work there. Unless the Manager himself/herself is going to make the server great I don't see much help being offered to those playerworlds.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:58 AM
zrpgp2p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett White

If you're not bother going to make the server good, then don't pay for it to go up.
Let me tell you a little secret. Servers just don't go up great, they are worked on while the are usually private.
Closed Thread