Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 07:45 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
End of EoA

I am going to ask Spark to take EoA off the hosted tab...

This has been caused by several things... the one thing to set this off is our Asst. Manager just quit... he was the main scripter, and very important to the PW project. Everyone should know our scripting shortage... and right now we are only left with 1 scripter, who does not have the time to script everything we need for a whole PW.

(be prepared for a long rambling post.. I can feel it coming)

ok, from the start. End of Ages was started in my head September of 2002. It was given a name, and staff list in November, by a group of people who had grouped together to try to help N-pulse, but were regected by MG, and so we desided to make our own server... and used my basic ideas for the formation of it (and I came up with the name). It was supposed to be owned equily between 6 people, but that never worked out... most left before any real work was ever done. So I became manager January of 2003, and hired my own group of staff. We worked hard for the next 1/2 a year, till we finally went online (private) around September of 2003. After a few months, we had some trouble with the PW renter, and deleted our stuff off there, and got a new server to upload our stuff on. We had been fine there untill resently, where we are having some problems with the PW renter again...

Anyways, that's a long story short.. lots of details left out. Here is the bottom line:

Active Development staff left: 3 LAT's, 1 GAT, 1 NAT

This is NOT enough staff to make a new PW... We barely had enough with 2 scripters. No matter how good our gfx, or levels are... we can not have a PW without scripts. I have been trying my hardest to get scripters.. I've asked all my scripter friends, gone to every PW a few times a week looking for scripters, and I have made threads in the forums here, asking for help... and we haven't gotten any. I thought that maybe if we were moved to the hosted tab, we might get some interested people... but 80% of the people log on, never leave the start level, don't even wait for the tileset to load, and just say "this playerworld sucks" and log off
-_-
In my opinion, we had THE best levels on graal... even if the tileset isn't finnished yet. And the tileset was shaping up to be the best classic tileset I had ever seen (the sand and water tiles have yet to be made public... and it all looks great put together)
People comment on the tileset, but do not realize that it is a work in progress... we were going to re-make just about all the classic tiles... but that takes time.

Anyways, I am extremely sorry to everyone who has spent hours and hours working on/for EoA, I feel really bad. But I thought it would be better to just end this now, before wasting anymore of everyone's time and money. A Server without scripts might be nice to look at, but would never be a good server to play unfortunatly.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Blue_Dragn is on a distinguished road
Re: End of EoA

Quote:
Originally posted by ETD
Sorry to hear this, i really respected a few of EoAs scripts for a little bit, its a shame you cant continue.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:03 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
I worked for EoA and that server had potential i tell ya, it really had
Old 02-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Another great server byte's the dust.
Sorry man..
Old 02-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Supreme Dictator
xManiamaNx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xManiamaNx Send a message via Yahoo to xManiamaNx
Good scripters are too hard to find these days

Play Maloria Now: [2.3] [3]
Maloria Website

Old 02-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Level Maker
Genesis is on a distinguished road
I knew this was going to happen.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:40 PM
WannaBe Scripter
VeX_RaT_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to VeX_RaT_Boy Send a message via AIM to VeX_RaT_Boy Send a message via Yahoo to VeX_RaT_Boy
If you want, I can help you a bit with scripting, but I wouldn't be as much online as a 'active' NAT, becasue I have my own server to think about too.

Contact me if you want to...
Old 02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Sorry ETD...I know how much time and effort you put into EoA and how much it ment to you
Old 02-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Hmm, i heard good things about End of Ages. What you said is right, it's hard to find staffs nowadays, i'm lucky because i'm scripter and i don't need any scripting help for Archaic but about graphics & levels... I'm very happy because Wan made a main island for me (thanks Wan) but that's not enough.
ETD, talk to me on AIM please. (OsrsGraal)
Old 02-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Dark-Dragoon is on a distinguished road
So...this is the EoEoA?
Old 02-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Wtf, noooooo
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 02-26-2004, 12:06 AM
EoA GFX Admin & Webmaster
KyleOdin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to KyleOdin Send a message via AIM to KyleOdin Send a message via MSN to KyleOdin Send a message via Yahoo to KyleOdin
I can understand what Eric is going though since I had quite a lot vested in this project. It brought me back to Graal and actually got me excited working on something in my spare time. Nobody, not even the EoA staff, has seen the work I have done for the water, ground, and sand tiles; I guess there is no need for me to complete them anymore.

I will still keep the website up until the domain expires and then I have to consider what I am going to do. My freetime has been slowly drifting away thanks to a demanding college semester, television and video editing, working on homework, and somewhere finding time to work on commissioned graphics. I might just go back to developing an old game concept of mine that has been pushed aside and collecting dust do to the lack on time I have to work on it.

For those of you who are wondering if I will be releasing the partial End of Ages tileset, not the newer master tileset file that I have, the answer is no since I will be using and adapting the appropriate tiles for something else.

Let me raise a glass to End of Ages and the whole team who worked long and hard on it.

It was fun while it lasted and I might still be around graal and the forums; instead of saying goodbye I will just say until next time.

Always a friend to stray pixels,
- KyleOdin

End of Ages Graphics Admin & Webmaster
EoA Website: http://www.eoa-graal.com

"Always a friend to stray pixels." - KyleOdin
"He, he used sarcasm sir." - Monty Python
"Frogblast the Ventcore!" - BOBs from the Marathon game trilogy

For bubble popping fun, be sure to visit Virtual Bubblewrap
Old 02-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Senator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Senator
Wow.. this was a shocker.. I have been guilty of my slow level production lately (I have personal reasons for that ), but I guess it doesn't matter afterall..

Anyway, we'll see what happens.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Been there, done that....sorry ETD
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-26-2004, 03:35 AM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
Well ETD scripters are hard to find , It took me a while to find scripters and I only have about 2. If your going to give up now after all that work then I guess you must but if I were you I would learn to script and keep going, but thats just me. I'm sorry ETD, every great server seems to fall... so far.

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.
Closed Thread