Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2004, 05:36 AM
EoA GFX Admin & Webmaster
KyleOdin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to KyleOdin Send a message via AIM to KyleOdin Send a message via MSN to KyleOdin Send a message via Yahoo to KyleOdin
Question Trying to find thylia_sword.gif creator

I hope this gives me some results and I figure this is the best place on the forum to ask this question. As some or most of you know by now, I am the GFX Admin for End of Ages and I am looking for the person who made the attached sword graphic below.

Thylia Sword: Click below to download the sword graphic
http://www.end-of-ages.com/hosted/thylia_sword.gif

I have made the EoA Basic Sword/Weapon Template based from that sword graphic since it looks good and was already just the right size and I would like to have usage rights in order to use it as a sword and to give the owner credit where credit is due.

I have made the full rotations and everything else needed in order to use that sword with our new weapon system but it is only being used for reference right now and not as an actual player sword. If the creator of the sword graphic wants us to use the sword, please step forward and say so or else tell us that we cannot use it online. Either way, if I get no responses from this post, I will just keep it for development use only and it will not be used online.

I am not sure how you could prove if you originally created the graphic, maybe some early work in progress graphics of that sword, but I will take your word on the honor system since that is what we do in the industry.

Thanks in advance.

End of Ages Graphics Admin & Webmaster
EoA Website: http://www.eoa-graal.com

"Always a friend to stray pixels." - KyleOdin
"He, he used sarcasm sir." - Monty Python
"Frogblast the Ventcore!" - BOBs from the Marathon game trilogy

For bubble popping fun, be sure to visit Virtual Bubblewrap
Old 01-20-2004, 03:53 AM
marcoR is on a distinguished road
Reminds me of the Witch King's sword from LOTR.. but I'm afraid I don't know who made it, sorry
aim: lorielvictrix
Old 01-20-2004, 09:18 PM
LordZen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LordZen Send a message via AIM to LordZen Send a message via Yahoo to LordZen
Do you remember how you came across that image? Or did you find it in your webgif folder or something..?

Click the picture!

FYI: I've pretty much retired from this game as it stands. Yep..

Contact Info
AIM: xxwarlordzenxx (not used so much anymore)
MSN: warlordzen(a)hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I heard they were pregnant from the same father from a VERY reliable tabloid a couple years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Etien, you are the best proof I have ever seen that the human gene pool has algee.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Send a message via ICQ to KyleOdin Send a message via AIM to KyleOdin Send a message via MSN to KyleOdin Send a message via Yahoo to KyleOdin
I have thylia sword.gif in two places on my hard drive. One is located in my Graal webgifs folder while the other one is located in my Graal-Related folder. My Graal webgifs folder goes back many years and has many graphics no longer online; it might not be that easy to track down.

The image might also have been a sword from an old PWS that was on Graal at one time or maybe from one that never made it past construction. It might also have been a graphic somebody sent me to look at and critique or possible fix something on their graphic since people send me graphics to fix and take a look at all the time.

Looking at the Metadata embedded on that file, I see that it was made or copied to my computer on July 11, 2003 but sometimes those dates are not very accurate at times. I figured that posting on the GFX section might jog someone’s memory as to who might have made the sword once they looked at it.

Since image usage rights is a big issue when working on graphics for general viewing, I will withhold using that image online unless I hear otherwise. Some of you may wonder why I make a big deal when it comes to usage rights but once you work in any aspect of design or visual communications, you very quickly learn just how important they really are when protecting your work or your clients work.

Thanks for the help and I will still wait to see if I hear anything about that graphic, I might still luck out and find the creator of that sword.

Take care & pixels beware!

Old 01-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Got Milk?
WarLord2004 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Why not make better swords? I have made better swords than thoese it looks pretty easy mabey you can make a redesign of it if your looking for the simular look.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:46 AM
I already have about four new swords using my new sword template but I wanted to give some recognition to the person who made that sword. I used that sword as the basis for the new EoA weapon template as well as adding custom scabbards and further rotations of the sword. It was a handy sword to use and it got me thinking about making the new sword system we are working on for End of Ages. That is the main reason why I wanted to get some feedback from the maker of that graphic. I might just take your advice warlord and make a custom version of that sword for our use.

Last edited by KyleOdin; 01-24-2004 at 12:59 AM..