Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
What?
Old 01-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
plz stop kevin from using copyrighted material

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Zomg what happened. Who got murdered?

this is my mock up of what should be done with the Isle of Bane.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:07 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
why not **** OFF
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 01-22-2011, 05:18 AM
HarDKoRe1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HarDKoRe1234
I don't think it's because there's no talented scripters. I think it's because they don't care what happens to the server, unfortunately.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
IMG
When I saw this I actually thought you took a screenshot of the server. It looks like some of the stupid **** they'd pull.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:10 PM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
It's a good idea but all in all I think it would be best to just leave it to the FAQ.

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..
Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I've been waiting for someone to press the delete key on UN for around ten years now.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Someone needs to take control of UN that won't accept the standard bull**** that staff force players to deal with on a daily basis.

There's literally so much bias, corruption, bad staff hirings (or re-hirings), it's just getting pretty sad.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:34 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonosteel View Post
Someone needs to take control of UN that won't accept the standard bull**** that staff force players to deal with on a daily basis.

There's literally so much bias, corruption, bad staff hirings (or re-hirings), it's just getting pretty sad.
example please
Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Snoop413's story is a good example of bias.
I also had Shimmy obsessing with me, like he does every other half-year and he got me banned over something really stupid, and naturally he PMs me on about 3 of his alts flaming me.

Eventually Kage contacted the GP Chief and I was unbanned within 10 minutes.

Somehow, someway, someone got on my account and I lost all of my hats/NPCs.

Vicious wouldn't help me because he thinks I try to be like BlobZ (I don't eat twinkies, though) and he has a lasting grudge against the guild I'm in because the leader got BlobZ banned for wall hacking.

Eventually, another staff member confronted him over RC for not helping people he doesn't like, and then Vicious suddenly had a change of heart and my items were restored near instantly.

I can't think of anyone corrupt at the moment, but a particular ex-LAT was ousted recently for their exploits and their account was reset.

They had a ton of abusive levels, gave themselves a ton of hats, NPCs, etc. Why UN never monitors their staff, I don't know.

Also a particular ex-Dev, while Streety was Manager, made a level, stacked a ton of trees, and him and his net gf farmed them with chainsaw.

Streety caught them and only reset their exp.

UN hired two players recently that are infamous for their immaturity and corrupt acts.
Streety flat-out mentioned those players' names. So he knows these players are bad news, but UN re-hires them?

To give you an idea, one night Runedevil let myself and another player troll events for an hour straight. Eventually people caught on and events ended up just becoming pure chaos, especially CS where people were using clouds and whatever. After that, Runedevil tried giving me and this other player a bunch of spar tokens but the shop was closed anyway.

Panther also is really abusive. After he dragged gash (current FAQ) up on a wall and said he was getting him banned for "wall hacking", he abused his warp rights to steal CW from a guild during a huge war.

My post will probably get deleted because God forbid that a server's problems are out in the open.

Edit:

I was jailed for awhile because I spammed Sweet Kiss in the entire events level (I spam Sweet Kiss/Heart Staff) and a player took it as harassment, and Kay, without investigating it, pretended I was singling (is this spelled right?) her out.

"i was using it on everyone" - me
"no you weren't" - Kay

Clearly didn't actually investigate it.

I also have GPs like nightslayer up my ass over nonsense because a particular player keeps pretending I'm harassing him. It got to the point where I had to ask Tig to set a chat log on me, and after that the GPs mysteriously started leaving me alone.

The GP team treats the entire server like babies, and it's sad UN has devolved into this. You'd think they'd want to make the server fun for players at least to mass and bull**** since there's nothing else to do except the same events over and over again, but Okilian sure did a great job at turned UN into a heavily censored server.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:01 PM
HarDKoRe1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HarDKoRe1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonosteel View Post
Snoop413's story is a good example of bias.
I also had Shimmy obsessing with me, like he does every other half-year and he got me banned over something really stupid, and naturally he PMs me on about 3 of his alts flaming me.

Eventually Kage contacted the GP Chief and I was unbanned within 10 minutes.

Somehow, someway, someone got on my account and I lost all of my hats/NPCs.

Vicious wouldn't help me because he thinks I try to be like BlobZ (I don't eat twinkies, though) and he has a lasting grudge against the guild I'm in because the leader got BlobZ banned for wall hacking.

Eventually, another staff member confronted him over RC for not helping people he doesn't like, and then Vicious suddenly had a change of heart and my items were restored near instantly.

I can't think of anyone corrupt at the moment, but a particular ex-LAT was ousted recently for their exploits and their account was reset.

They had a ton of abusive levels, gave themselves a ton of hats, NPCs, etc. Why UN never monitors their staff, I don't know.

Also a particular ex-Dev, while Streety was Manager, made a level, stacked a ton of trees, and him and his net gf farmed them with chainsaw.

Streety caught them and only reset their exp.

UN hired two players recently that are infamous for their immaturity and corrupt acts.
Streety flat-out mentioned those players' names. So he knows these players are bad news, but UN re-hires them?

To give you an idea, one night Runedevil let myself and another player troll events for an hour straight. Eventually people caught on and events ended up just becoming pure chaos, especially CS where people were using clouds and whatever. After that, Runedevil tried giving me and this other player a bunch of spar tokens but the shop was closed anyway.

Panther also is really abusive. After he dragged gash (current FAQ) up on a wall and said he was getting him banned for "wall hacking", he abused his warp rights to steal CW from a guild during a huge war.

My post will probably get deleted because God forbid that a server's problems are out in the open.

Edit:

I was jailed for awhile because I spammed Sweet Kiss in the entire events level (I spam Sweet Kiss/Heart Staff) and a player took it as harassment, and Kay, without investigating it, pretended I was singling (is this spelled right?) her out.

"i was using it on everyone" - me
"no you weren't" - Kay

Clearly didn't actually investigate it.

I also have GPs like nightslayer up my ass over nonsense because a particular player keeps pretending I'm harassing him. It got to the point where I had to ask Tig to set a chat log on me, and after that the GPs mysteriously started leaving me alone.

The GP team treats the entire server like babies, and it's sad UN has devolved into this. You'd think they'd want to make the server fun for players at least to mass and bull**** since there's nothing else to do except the same events over and over again, but Okilian sure did a great job at turned UN into a heavily censored server.
I don't believe Okilian turned the GP into anything. He hasn't been there long enough. It is a wee bit too strict though.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
This GP Team is god awful. They need to know when to loosen up on a dying server.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 AM
You can call me noto.
FrozenLies0 will become famous soon enough
i got jailed for 4 hours for massing something like "pinklemonpuzziboi" lol
just sayin'.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Saying 'this should be done' on UN to make it better doesn't stand up to well in reality...

Countless people have attempted to make UN better countless times, all to no avail.
The problem stretches far beyond the current staff, far beyond the past managers.
It is difficult to develop on Unholy Nation. Just ask any dev who has ever worked there.

The reason it is hard to work there is dis-organization of...well...everything.
Everything is dis-organized. There is no communication between past staff and current staff. (Which there really needs to be)
Whether it be by documentation in scripts, text files in the levels folder, anything really.

What documentation there is, its either not enough, or so poorly detailed, it might as well not be there.
This isn't just me speaking...I've talked with plenty of people who have tried to do work there.
On RC one day, we were trying to figure out how many gani files were on the server...I can't remember the exact number, but it was high...very high...literally thousands and thousand and thousands of ganis.

The number of weapons, npcs, and classes is unnerving. If you want to scripting something, but want to use preexisting functions from another system...good luck finding it.

Which brings me to another point: Redundant scripting.
A scripter will come on, want to make something, and without even thinking about it, create a system that already exists.
Then someone else comes along, and wants to use this system...but now, theres two different systems that accomplish the same thing...which one do you use? They might both be used in different scripts.

So, you can either figure out how they both work and choose the better one, or do what they did....create another system for your specific use. Now we have three systems that accomplish the same goal.

An example of this would be EP. I'm not even sure how EP works on the server, tbh. It is stored in about three different npcs and databases...a new scripter would never be able to tell which one to use. And if they end up using the wrong one, that could lead to unlogged EP transactions, and angry players.

This disorganization is not limited to scripts...the countless levels folders are ridiculous as well.
Multiple copies of levels in various places, entire unused gmaps, hundreds of blank test levels...

But, I digress.

In order for anything to be done on UN, a lot of things need to happen...major re-scripting...
Simple organization of levels, heads, bodies, and other folders would help so much.
And all the useless weapons and npcs that are not used need to be removed.

Just to clarify, i'm not bashing UN...i'm not going to sit here and say 'lol un sux, it shud die'.
But that doesn't mean its perfect...these things need to change. If they don't, I just can't see a bright future for Unholy Nation.