Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
The Global Development Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell
The Role of the GDT

*First and foremost your responsibilities and role should be to the global community itself.

*Striving to provide better documentation in your field of specialization. The wiki leaves a lot to be desired and it could be considered a gdt project to help clean it up. Scripters should help to provide high quality reference material both in the form of raw reference tables and in prose. Tutorials are also good. Graphic artists and levellers can also contribute tutorials which show how to create specific effects and reduce errors.

*Helping those who need it. That means being in the front line when people need your help. You have been given a global development team tag, please use it when you are able to. We've also set up the irc channel at #graaldt on irc.freenode.net; your participation would be nice.

*Helping with server projects. Sometimes staff from a server may call upon you for advice or even for a helping hand. If you feel a requested project is reasonable, feel free to participate. If you don't feel it's reasonable for you, suggest people who may be interested, gdt members or otherwise. The important thing is to remember you are not obligated; the gdt are not slave labourers and shouldn't be taken for granted. However, the local management still has final say on any matters. It is not your role to be involved in administrative duties in any way.*

*Providing core packages which people can use to rapid prototype servers. Create public content (core packages) that could be used on all servers.

*Serve as a bridge between stefan and graal's development community. This involves recommending features that are generally desired and creating demonstrations of features that have been added by Stefan.

*Serve as advisers to developers and playerworld management. This would involve evaluating content or just giving general tips about development in general.*

*Respect the privacy of the server. Do not share information with other servers that you see.*

For those interested in applying we've broke it down into 4 general areas. Scripting, graphics, levels and gani's. While many of you have multiple talents this is for organizational purposes and whats considered the primary talent. We will attempt to provide members to help in all areas of development. We've attempted to make the application process simple, but you must bear in mind that not all of us are aware of your capabilites so in many cases an application process is required.

-The Global Development Team-

Applications:

They are reviewed everyday by myself and processed every week-end
in the GDT subforums with a poll. Existing members of the GDT will vote and voice their opinion about it.

How to join:

You can find the application form in the links below.
Email your applications responses to [email protected]
OR
Submit it through the guild control panel.
We will follow up on applications that pique our interest.

Links

Application form

Guild control panel

Current Members

Current Projects

If you got any other question about the GDT, feel free to forum-pm me or any other member.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
So why are there still blank spots in "contact info" and "examples of work" in the member list?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I don't like what the GDT has turned in to... o_O
Old 04-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I don't like what the GDT has turned in to... o_O
Considering the majority of that post is a months old quote of Bell describing the GDT, are you referring to something you've seen elsewhere?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Considering the majority of that post is a months old quote of Bell describing the GDT, are you referring to something you've seen elsewhere?

Yes, the "Members list" has two titles, Advanced Development & General Development, please add them to certain categories!

Advanced Development consists of two people, Vulcan & Kristi. Both of them can only do scripting, why are they not in the Scripting job title?

General Development only has benpoke103, why is he under this title?

It makes no sense, and just makes it complicated! Keep it simple, it's alot easier and doesn't make it hard to understand who you're trying to contact.

Also, I'm pretty certain !WAN is no longer active. You should remove him.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've not seen ANYTHING from the GDT. I log on the GDT channel every so often, if I have a query I've got Inverness, Skyld & Dusty (Not a GDT member) that will try their best to help me (which is great, thank you). Other than that, I don't find it helpful.

*Providing core packages which people can use to rapid prototype servers. Create public content (core packages) that could be used on all servers.
I've not noticed anything been released, how long has the GDT been around?

*Helping with server projects. Sometimes staff from a server may call upon you for advice or even for a helping hand. If you feel a requested project is reasonable, feel free to participate. If you don't feel it's reasonable for you, suggest people who may be interested, gdt members or otherwise. The important thing is to remember you are not obligated; the gdt are not slave labourers and shouldn't be taken for granted. However, the local management still has final say on any matters. It is not your role to be involved in administrative duties in any way.*

I've seen Dusty & Rufus (BOTH NONE MEMBERS) help out Unholy Nation, I've not once seen a GDT member help any classic world (or private for that matter...)

I've not even seen any kind of thread promoting the benefits for the GDT. I'm very sorry, but right now this is just a guild that has some elite people in it. It's not ran how it should be, is what I'm saying. Please enlighten me if any of what I've said is wrong or because I am naive. thank you

And this wasn't supposed to be aimed at anyone in particular, I'm sorry if this has offended anybody.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Zvarri!
benpoke103 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I've seen Dusty & Rufus (BOTH NONE MEMBERS) help out Unholy Nation, I've not once seen a GDT member help any classic world (or private for that matter...)
I've been working on UN for the past month and a half or so now. Same with Classic, although my free time is limited. C'mon bro!

Forum PM (Preferred)
#graaldt @ Freenode
Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
completely legit question: does the GDT do anything at all

Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
I can bet some just joined for the tag.

I've seen people outside GDT accomplish more than people who are actually a part of the GDT. GDT is just confusing and isn't progressing like it could have. It never had a solid structure, leadership, or actually something that a person not being a member of the GDT couldn't already do.

Going through all of the points listed in the quote from OP's post, which of those points am I not eligible to do by myself without a fancy tag?

Last edited by Chompy; 04-26-2010 at 11:27 PM..
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
I can bet some just joined for the tag.

I've seen people outside GDT accomplish more than people who are actually a part of the GDT. GDT is just confusing and isn't progressing like it could have. It never had a solid structure, leadership, or actually something that a person not being a member of the GDT couldn't already do.

Going through all of the points listed in the quote from OP's post, which of those points am I not eligible to do by myself without a fancy tag?
It's only been 8 or 9 months since bell started talking about GDT and made it.
Have some patience chompy...gawd. ;p

Quote:
...*Providing core packages which people can use to rapid prototype servers. Create public content (core packages) that could be used on all servers.
I've not noticed anything been released, how long has the GDT been around?
Even if they did, so what? There's plenty of free tiles and scripts and hell, I think there's even a free level or two, right here on the forums.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
GDT (Me) helped and finished UN's Christmas event.

No one makes requests to the GDT (or at least not to me) either.

As for the tag thing, you're pretty much dead on except for the whole serving as a bridge thing.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:38 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
GDT (Me) helped and finished UN's Christmas event.

No one makes requests to the GDT (or at least not to me) either.

As for the tag thing, you're pretty much dead on except for the whole serving as a bridge thing.
I don't think it was GDT as much as it was just you, helping the christmas event. Hell, I helped to finish the UN Christmas event.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The tag can establish that this person has been chosen, and should be a trusted member of the community. Servers should more easily open up to them for help and rights without worrying about them deleting the server or stealing it. This, of course, isn't full-proof, but it's better than letting a stranger come fix your DBNPC that stores the server's inventory and money.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I don't think it was GDT as much as it was just you, helping the christmas event. Hell, I helped to finish the UN Christmas event.
Ya and Chompy and Dusty and WhiteDragon and me.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
You people still care about tags or reputation on a game? rofl
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Ya and Chompy and Dusty and WhiteDragon and me.
Oh, hush >>;