Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
So yeah.. Bomy Island..

Well as of recently i've personally been thinking about how the life of Graal has been slowly but surely dying and as well as myself thinking this I've been seeing a lot of threads regarding just what i've been thinking. Its been alot of "I would like to see a server like this", and "I would like to see a server like that".

Now in my personal experience with the many years that I've been playing Graal, I've seen which servers have succeeded and which have fallen which I'm sure many others have also. Now along with seeing these servers its obvious there has been a certain degree of "popularity" amongst these succeeding servers. One of my favorite being Graal2001, but which unfortunately is out of date with how Graal's game play aspects have been improving.

I would like to say that I've had the honor to personally work with Konidias, EOTB, and Dan on this Graal2001 revival project named Bomy Island. This IS a very beautiful project, and what I think could be the "waking point" of Graal. Graal2001 was always able to hold the attention of a large ammount of players, and I think with this newer version could also attract the attention of some newer players. I would call Bomy Island an advanced version of the Graal we all used to know and love.

So with this being said, this is my calling to all the free timed Developers and all my Developer friends on Graal. If you have free time and can dedicate it to any project, I think that it should be towards helping Rufus out with achieving the dream which Bomy Island has. I personally am not wanting to see Graal go down into the gutters of the gaming world as it is and always has been my favorite game to play since I was a child. So if any of you are feeling the same as I, please let us form a team/alliance to help what Graal could be.

Please post your thoughts on this subject and thanks to all those who took your time to read this. Also future thanks to those of you who will provide any type of interest into what I'm saying.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Birdo13 is on a distinguished road
I've been trying to get into this project for some time now. Rufus hasn't been answering any of my messages lately though. I would be glad to help with Graal 2001 though. Just throw me a line...

-Lamer
Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Andy is scripting there AND he's been there for a long time now, that can only be a good sign.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Andy is scripting there AND he's been there for a long time now, that can only be a good sign.
Yes, but regardless of scripting, what else is going to be done? Andy's scripting isn't going to make the whole server become finished.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_Shadowbane View Post
Yes, but regardless of scripting, what else is going to be done? Andy's scripting isn't going to make the whole server become finished.
Well, maybe older images/levels etc. can be used? Not sure in what state those are tho.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Most of the graphical work was already done by Konidias... levels are mainly what need to be worked on. Level designers are hard to come by these day, however. Other than that, not much can be done(such as quests and such) until scripting is nearly fully finished.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Most of the graphical work was already done by Konidias.
Well, kinda far from it really, but there's enough made by various people (yourself included) to keep Andrew going for quite a while.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
I wish you guys the best I always enjoyed hopping on 2001 and playing. If I wasn't tied down with N-Pulse I'd love to help you guys out because it was a fun server to play.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
My thoughts?

Honestly I have been trying so particularly hard in this past year (since around January) to get back on working with this project that this thread literally angers me for asking such rhetorical questions.

I am offering an extreme level of dedication to this project that I simply cannot offer for any other projects. It is the reason I returned to Graal.

Sadly I don't see it happening especially now that I have found another project for me to work with to further my skills (that's why I'm here--it's a hobby to learn and better myself with).

I'm pissed!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Got Graal?
Dizturbed is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever dies should stay dead, similar to extinction, something better comes along and replaces the former.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
bomyislandmoon
Old 09-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
How is it going?

Folks,

I am not apart of how Graal Bomy Moon is going, if this is being rebuild or whatever..

Would someone keep me posted me about the same?

I say this because I have a great interest on helping this project. Last time I heard it was Rufus who was running it, am I correct?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:54 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Yes, Rufus is running it.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 09-09-2009, 04:11 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
James,

Do you know if there is any current team working on it?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:06 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
It's being worked on.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player