Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Ideas and Concepts Sub Forum

Can you add a subforum to the PlayerWorlds Main Forum dedicated to concepts and ideas. All to often I hear of people with great ideas for servers, but they often don't have the drive to make them theirselves, or haven't got the ability or resources to persue it. A forum where people can discuss some new ideas might allow for some interesting new servers, and those who do have the resources and abilities could take on some of the concepts or ideas that are discussed.

Ideas and Concepts - Have a new idea for a server? Discuss it here.

Yes please!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Concepts and ideas are not part of development!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Concepts and ideas are not part of development!!!
I didn't say stick it in the development forum, so that's okay.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:56 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I didn't say stick it in the development forum, so that's okay.
Well obviously it's not part of playerwords, either.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:57 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ideas and Concepts (for playerworlds)
Old 08-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
That answered my question.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:02 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
My ideas are worth quite some amount of cash, why would I want to hand them out for people to steal?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
My ideas are worth quite some amount of cash, why would I want to hand them out for people to steal?
Don't post them then, I'm sure it won't be that much of a loss. In fact, you can't lose something you never had, so it wont be a loss at all!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
That answered my question.
I was joking, what I meant are ideas and concepts aren't something you see too much 'round these here parts.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Incubator
Quote:
I was joking,
Graal is serious business.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Graal is serious business.
Very serious.

edit: well, not to detail my good friend Rufus' thread, I'll comment on it seriously. I dunno! I mean, I don't find a post in the playerworld section about ideas too out of place... and they're already pretty damn dead. Do we need another subforum that probably will never be used? I mean, it'd probably be a good idea in an active environment, but around here, I see it going to waste, sadly. On the other hand, having a subforum for ideas and concepts may just encourage people to actually post ideas and concepts... So I go with my original deduction -- I dunno!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
In fact, you can't lose something you never had, so it wont be a loss at all!
What do you mean? They're my ideas, I came up with them. It would be theft for someone to use them without my explicit permission.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Quote:
edit: well, not to detail my good friend Rufus' thread, I'll comment on it seriously. I dunno! I mean, I don't find a post in the playerworld section about ideas too out of place... and they're already pretty damn dead. Do we need another subforum that probably will never be used? I mean, it'd probably be a good idea in an active environment, but around here, I see it going to waste, sadly. On the other hand, having a subforum for ideas and concepts may just encourage people to actually post ideas and concepts... So I go with my original deduction -- I dunno!
I see people posting threads in the Playerworlds section all of the time, good ideas and the author knows they're never going to take off. People feel as though when someone posts something in the main thread, they're claiming some form of right over it. I did a search in the Playerworlds Main Forum for all threads with the title "idea" in it, and there's four pages.

Perhaps we can start getting some good servers in development rather than the same direction, different owner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
What do you mean? They're my ideas, I came up with them. It would be theft for someone to use them without my explicit permission.
We wouldn't know nor care if you didn't post them though
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Quote:
I see people posting threads in the Playerworlds section all of the time, good ideas and the author knows they're never going to take off. People feel as though when someone posts something in the main thread, they're claiming some form of right over it. I did a search in the Playerworlds Main Forum for all threads with the title "idea" in it, and there's four pages.

Perhaps we can start getting some good servers in development rather than the same direction, different owner?
I didn't say ideas weren't frequent, but that the section itself is pretty dead. PW section gets like one thread a whole week... if that. Maybe 1/4 of those are for ideas. How much activity could a subforum with a similar interest of the main section get? Like I said, I'm pretty on the line about it... it could just be a big flop, or it could actually encourage ideas.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Incubator
Having a box full of many ideas can be a good source of inspiration.