Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Recurring Payment Method

Well, because the price of gold time is now so expensive (and I'm not necessarily complaining), I think a new type of subscription should be set up.

First of all, I think the gelat payment system should be completely removed (which I doubt will happen since they make decent money off of gelat sales on places like Zone). As nice as gelats are, they shouldn't be used to pay for a subscription... There have been times where I would say to myself, "Oh, I want to buy that with gelats, but then it would cut me short of a month of gold time, so forget it."
Separating the gold time and gelat system would eliminate this problem.

I think Graal could tremendously benefit from a recurring payment method. Allowing someone to sign up with their credit card to have it automatically billed each month. I also think people should be able to just pay a one-time fee for one or two years of gold time.

With the recurring payment method it will allow people who don't have $100 to pay for Graal and still get to play on gold servers for small amounts. It would be very impressive if Graal could charge my credit card 36.00€/8 each month, which equals to about 4.50€ a month (which is about $6.50/m in USD).

I think with the recurring payment method you could even slightly raise the prices and get more money than you could when selling gold time in bulk.
This system is very easy to set up on PayPal, so it wouldn't be hard to add to the site. If you could charge $8.50 a month or maybe even $10, you would have many subscribers, since $10 is not very much money, unless you add it all up.

With this method, not only would you gain more subscribers, but you would also make more money from it. It would be easier for your customers, and it would populate the gold servers more, allowing more people to get hooked in to Zone and buy their zone items for gelats.

Another interesting option would be a one-time charge of $250-$300 for lifetime gold.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”