Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
If you're going to do this, go with something purely action. No auto-hits, make people work for their damage and have to figure out positioning. Maybe even completely change up the control scheme and do WASD with mouse controls.
I've had scripters make WASD controls for me before on graal servers, it's fun

As for action based, I'm not entirely sure where people are getting that. o_o... I'm more a lover of simple combat such as that found in dungeon crawlers/roguelikes and mmorpg's like Tibia/dark ages.

As far as spreading people through the different area's, I think having different looks for each town would let people use the town they find most appealing graphics wise. Just as well, people like to be different, and that how giving players Emblems in their profile showing their citizenship comes in. The least popular town will be the popular choice by way of having a sort of 'hipster' quality of having the emblem no one else really has. o_O...

Just as well, spreading the highest taxes to the most popular towns and lowest taxes to least popular would help, different shops and npc's with various purposes only found in certain towns could help. Strive for individuality. Each town or area where you can claim citizenship should have something unique going for it.

Just something to add, I think a mix and match crafting system would be nice, with new crafting recipes added so often without even telling players. Would be nice and would give something other than equiptment to aqcuire from baddies. Would change up fetch quests a bit by requiring an item only made by crafting, various npcs could hint at recipes...

That's something else! >:O npc's. They dont really have to do anything, but servers like era and zod and gk only really have shopkeepers. Having various npc's standing/sitting/doing some gani in various spots in (condensed, small gmap) towns, can sort of give life to it, especially if they mention things common to where they live/crafting/rare item lore/stuff. I know this sorta seems like common sense, but it's nice o-o...

ANYHOW, I've had several people ask my about whether or not I'm doing this, and even had offers of servers I could do it on...

I'd love to do this, and would take up one of the offers, but not without the people required to do much of anything. I mean...I could do a bunch of graphics myself at first and then see it look nice on some crappy level I make to show off, but then when all I get is "looks great!", it doesnt really help me o_o... I need scripters/gfx pplz/lats/various ppl to comment and say "let me help."