Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quite impressed

Overall, I'm quite impressed with Graal 5. I've not tried the Windows version, but I am happy with the Mac version. It is a big speed improvement, and the new font rendering is a lot clearer and nicer.

I've only really found one major problem so far, but I'd like to suggest that there is an actual Mac package installer (which I can help to create if necessary). I sometimes think that the number of folders that come inside the Graal disk image could perhaps confuse some new users.

Finally, I'd like to suggest that the Start bar at the bottom automatically appears when you press F8 to bring up the serverlist, and disappears again when you close F8 if you chose to minimize it. It'd be a bit easier to find the Install Packages option for people who keep the bar minimized, but are used to finding it in the serverlist.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Finally, I'd like to suggest that the Start bar at the bottom automatically appears when you press F8 to bring up the serverlist, and disappears again when you close F8 if you chose to minimize it. It'd be a bit easier to find the Install Packages option for people who keep the bar minimized, but are used to finding it in the serverlist.
That's a good suggestion - you should make a thread for it in the suggestion forum.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Overall, I'm quite impressed with Graal 5. I've not tried the Windows version, but I am happy with the Mac version. It is a big speed improvement, and the new font rendering is a lot clearer and nicer.

I've only really found one major problem so far, but I'd like to suggest that there is an actual Mac package installer (which I can help to create if necessary). I sometimes think that the number of folders that come inside the Graal disk image could perhaps confuse some new users.

You're easily impressed, marry me!