Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Prez56 is on a distinguished road
Does 2001 Need Help?

I was wondering, does the Staff on 2001 need help to get the ball rolling? I'm willing to devote the next few months (if needed) torwords anything that needs to be done on 2k1 (if there is any). I have been MIA from Graal for awhile now, and I would love to not only see it get back, but to help in that process. I can do some minor programming with QBasic and C++ and have dabled with designing levels in my younger years. I'm not expecting to be an answer to the prayers of many who wish to see a full time manager take on the project, but I am willing to try.

If you have any questions then please contact me via PM or AIM since I can only post once per 8 hours for now. (AIM x8WheatS8x )

Thanks you.

Zero Diamond
Old 04-06-2006, 02:23 AM
rock
gozen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gozen Send a message via AIM to gozen Send a message via Yahoo to gozen
heh
Old 04-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
i meant to post in your other thread to get out while you still can, but ill put it here.

oh wait...

yeah you get the point, I dont think this will go anywhere, if someone were to be given the manager position of 2k1, its likely someone who is global, and cant really sustain it much themselves, but says they can.

2k1 should die in peace, let it go, at this rate everyone is dragging its name through the mud and leaving a bad taste in new users mouths, and destroying what it used to be.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Prez56 is on a distinguished road
I don't want to give it up, and there are alot of others who don't want to give up on it either. 2k1 was too good of a server to just 'let go' like that. Yeah, there needs to be changes made to appeal to a broader audience, but it can all be done.

Yeah, the Economy on the server right now is completely destroyed, but it can be fixed. Its way to hard to make alot of money to even purchase anything, but that can be fixed. Alot of people like the idea of Kingdoms used as guilds with REAL Kingdoms to use as hangouts and such, and people are willing to go back to 2k1. I know alot of people who are interested in playing Graal:2k1 that have never played (From another board I frequently visit) and if the ball got rolling they would love 2k1.

Its just not right to say that this server is dead when clearly it can be saved. Someone needs to stand up and make something happen. And yes, it needs to happen fast because its quite clear that people are loosing interest in it and giving up.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez56
stuff
I would have been more then happy myself you know. I am not saying let it go because I want to see it die. I am saying it because of my prior point.

I would love to take and fix up 2k1 so people will play, i loved that server, and I remember talking to James about working there when he started managing it, before it went down the (Second?) time [They started using new bodies i do know this].

Like I said before, people with the pure dedication to take it and complete it, may be overlooked by people who are more "Well Known".

What is wrong with 2k1 is very easy to fix, and probably wouldnt take much time, but its about getting someone in there who can, and will, also wants, to do it.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687
What is wrong with 2k1 is very easy to fix, and probably wouldnt take much time
*cough*
Old 04-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
*cough*
Backing up your quote and cough with some discussion and input, does not hurt either.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Panda
Lao_Su2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lao_Su2
Quote:
Backing up your quote and cough with some discussion and input, does not hurt either.
I hate to say it but there isnt really any discussion that is going to do anything. The PW is dead, there hasn't been a new manager found and doubt there will be. Sorry, its just a fact
Old 04-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
Hey, I want to be Manager too!

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 04-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Banned
DARKVILLIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DARKVILLIN
graal2001 as we knew it-is gone. It will never be the same. it will never have the players that it used to have. Its gone...It's like seeing a sick dog in one of those movies...It exists but no one ever pays any attention to it...for its own sake just finish it off and remove it from the server list
Old 04-07-2006, 05:11 AM
Enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao_Su2
I hate to say it but there isnt really any discussion that is going to do anything. The PW is dead, there hasn't been a new manager found and doubt there will be. Sorry, its just a fact
Funny too because in my first post in this thread, thats pretty much exactily what I said!

No need to apologize to me as I am not the one begging for 2k1 to find a new life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Hey, I want to be Manager too!
Not sure who you are talking about, quoting who you are talking to, or letting them know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvillin
graal2001 as we knew it-is gone. It will never be the same. it will never have the players that it used to have. Its gone..
Not entirely true, im not going to arugue for just one side, because it is possible to save it, obviously it has not been drug so far through the mud that everyone wants to see it die.

There are just really simple problems and really simple fixes no one seems to see, and I dont understand why. We would not even be here discussing this right now if the prior management had seen them. (I am not pointing fingers at lance entirely, he was not the only manager to make this mistake).
Old 04-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Banned
Quote:
Funny too because in my first post in this thread, thats pretty much exactily what I said!

No need to apologize to me as I am not the one begging for 2k1 to find a new life.

Not sure who you are talking about, quoting who you are talking to, or letting them know

Not entirely true, im not going to arugue for just one side, because it is possible to save it, obviously it has not been drug so far through the mud that everyone wants to see it die.

There are just really simple problems and really simple fixes no one seems to see, and I dont understand why. We would not even be here discussing this right now if the prior management had seen them. (I am not pointing fingers at lance entirely, he was not the only manager to make this mistake).
without the players graal2001 will not survive...and its true that it will never be the same. there is no more birdbird_0, ghost pirate, konidias, tseng, deathchill, snake eyes, ect....
Old 04-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKVILLIN
without the players graal2001 will not survive...and its true that it will never be the same. there is no more birdbird_0, ghost pirate, konidias, tseng, deathchill, snake eyes, ect....
True enough. however the 2k1 revivial which just passed was not to try to gain back all the 2k1 members, if that were the case their playerbase would be a bit small. The server needs to appeal to newer members as well.

Maybe it will never be the same, but it could be close, or with the proper work, better.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Banned
Quote:
True enough. however the 2k1 revivial which just passed was not to try to gain back all the 2k1 members, if that were the case their playerbase would be a bit small. The server needs to appeal to newer members as well.

Maybe it will never be the same, but it could be close, or with the proper work, better.
Which comes back to my point-if stefan would have let koni finish his version...
Old 04-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKVILLIN
Which comes back to my point-if stefan would have let koni finish his version...
Come to think of it I dont remember you making that point before now, but anyways,

Would that have done anything? That 2k1 was not the 2k1 you speak of, it would have been significantly diffrent.

Thats the problem I keep saying that no one is content on fixing.