Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2006, 07:47 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Khoria or something? I know it later became Val.
Kharlia.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:00 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Call it The Hitchhiker's Guide to Graal.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
I'm a Deist, if you dont know what that is go wiki it or something. It means I'm not Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, anything. So we share similiar religious beliefs. So listen to me now when I tell you to

Shut up about it.

There's nothing I hate more then when people try to shove their damn religion down my (and others) throat.

"Whhaaa, it has God on a coin. I dont believe in God, they're shoving their religion down my throat. I'm going to get it changed". That's just an example of what most 'athiest' do (I used the term 'athiest' because most athiest are ignorant fools who havn't pondered deeply about the universe. They found out they didn't like Christianity so they claim to Atheism). They think a word is shoving religion down their throat, so in return they try to shove their religion down other's throats. It's not that words like bible, God, Quran, etc are being shoved down your throat, it's just that you need to have a hissy fit so that you can be proud about yourself.

I'm glad I live in Georgia where we dont go into that whole "Politically Correct" fad.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Fox1545 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
In fact, IIRC the GraalBible was called GraalWiki at one point.
Probably the name was set in the database copy we gave to the bible dudes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurkiba
I'm a Deist, if you dont know what that is go wiki it or something.
According to the beginning of the Wikipedia [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deist]article[/quote], it means that you pretend to be using reason when claiming that there is some sort of god/divine power. I do not think that makes you any more credible than the usual sort of believers. Your dislike for books about religions does not qualify you any more than the christian dudes to tell us what to do!

Quote:
Shut up about it.
Yeah, agreed so far.

Quote:
There's nothing I hate more then when people try to shove their damn religion down my (and others) throat.
Okay, I think I can respect that.

Quote:
"Whhaaa, it has God on a coin. I dont believe in God, they're shoving their religion down my throat. I'm going to get it changed". That's just an example of what most 'athiest' do
That is awesome. Perhaps you should talk them into spending their time on more useful things, like trying to get rid of the Intelligent Design folks.

Quote:
I used the term 'athiest' because most athiest are ignorant fools who havn't pondered deeply about the universe. They found out they didn't like Christianity so they claim to Atheism.
I like to refer to myself as an 'atheist' instead, even though I do not tend to sit around and ponder universes. This is because I refuse to believe in an arbitrarily invented supernatural, which is pretty much what atheism is all about. I did not get told about any pondering requirements when joining the club, but what kind of pondering should be done before I am allowed to leave Christianity?

Also should I put up with mandatory classes that sell christianity as a worthwhile field of studies on the same level as physics, history or random foreign languages? Would that not be insulting to actual scientists?

Why should I put up with the government devoting the country I live in and the currency I use for my living to a deity I do not believe in?

Quote:
I'm glad I live in Georgia where we dont go into that whole "Politically Correct" fad.
That is something to be proud of, I am certain.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:06 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sweet stuff
I believe that deserves a deliciously ironic "Amen!"
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 02-17-2006, 08:35 PM
rock
gozen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gozen Send a message via AIM to gozen Send a message via Yahoo to gozen
Quote:
Then fix it.
alright
Old 02-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The words graal (grail) and bible can both be used in combination with religious things I guess.
Yes, Stefan, that AND the grail hunter stereotype is that they are generally Bible nuts.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:59 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiktionary
bible (plural: bibles)
1. The Christian Holy book. (usually with the definite article, "the", and an initial capital letter)
2. A comprehensive manual that describes something. (e.g Handyman's Bible)
3. (nautical) A holystone
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro1212
your response is somewhat logical but the world bible holds a special meaning towards many people
I don't see why it would hold special meaning to you; you're a self-proclaimed atheist after all. So what's the problem?
I do not see any Christians, Jews, Hindus, or Muslims creating any threads about how calling it the "Graal Bible" is blasphemous to their religions or their holy books.
This whole thing is just silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
Seriously, it's not called "The Holy Bible", or the "Judeo-Christian Bible", so why do you care?
Thank you. *high five*
Quote:
Then fix it.
With what shall he fix it, dear Rick, dear Rick?
Old 02-18-2006, 02:37 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1545
According to the beginning of the Wikipedia article, it means that you pretend to be using reason when claiming that there is some sort of god/divine power. I do not think that makes you any more credible than the usual sort of believers. Your dislike for books about religions does not qualify you any more than the christian dudes to tell us what to do!
I dont think you entirely understand the Deist beliefs. First off we believe that there is a divine being/beings who created the laws of the universe. Need proof of that? Look around. Atheism might support the big bang and whatnot but then that rules out the concept of matter is neither created or destroyed.

However, we've come to realize that there is a reasonable explanation behind everything, aside from the laws of nature. If Jenny gets off drugs it wasn't because God helped her, it was because Jenny got off drugs.

We might believe in God, but we do not worship or praise him. We're out here because of humanity, that is how we gain success.

There are three types of religions similiar to Deism. Deism itself, Agnostic, and Atheism. All are one in the same save the fact that Deism believes ultimately in a God/gods, Agnostics are unsure, and Atheist completely believe there isn't a God/gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
I believe that deserves a deliciously ironic "Amen!"
*^5*

Last edited by Zurkiba; 02-18-2006 at 10:33 PM..
Old 02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Atheism might support the big bang and whatnot but then that rules out the concept of matter is neither created or destroyed.
How so?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:58 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm a Deist, if you dont know what that is go wiki it or something. It means I'm not Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, anything. So we share similiar religious beliefs. So listen to me now when I tell you to

Hi, I'm a member of the World Union of Deists.

How are you?