Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2005, 09:31 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration
However, "early into the transformation" implies, incorrectly, that I bailed as soon as the merger started. I seem to recall doing a large amount of work planning everything out, setting everything up, and helping the whole process go along smoothy.
The merge involved 3 things.
1. Converting all levels to work with the new tileset. I ASKED you to help us with this, and you told me it was MY project, and you would just review our work when we were done to approve it.
2. Converting EoA scripts to work on N-Pulse. You told me PD was working on this, so unless you were helping him rescript stuff, then you didn't help with that either.
3. Adding the levels and graphics to N-Pulse. Zerxus did this. He added our levels to the southern side of the map, and linked it all together and fixed the map.

When I was hired you said I was incharge of working on the EoA area, and you would work on the classic area, but then you left the classic area to Zerxus, and I helped him plan it all out. For the last 2 or 3 weeks of working on n-pulse you didn't do any level work, exept 2 levels on your 'pvp island' thing, and drew out maps and texts of things that we didn't even have the staff to develop. The only thing you did to help the merger was give me admin rights.
Quote:
Ahahahaha. Underway better than ever AFTER I quit? 80% of the level work on that server right now was done by Zerxus and I long before I quit.
There are about 80 - 90 outside levels on the main N-Pulse area now (not counting water levels). Out of those, over 40 of them were edited or completely remade within the time from when you left to when you came back. (This does not count the maybe 30 levels which were just made into water because they contained no content, and sucked)
Even if you did edited about the same amount, but you are talking about the like 8 months you were development staff... I mean, if we can change over 1/2 the levels on the overworld in about 1 month, when it took you like 8 months to do similar, I think things were going better than ever. Plus we were working on several other projects besides just those levels. And for our LAT's to do that much work, plus work on other projects is just amazing I think... if you want to downplay our work, then go ahead, but it's not going over well with all the people you're insulting through this.
Quote:
Okay, but he completely fails to mention why hiring me back as management was a negative thing, or would cause him to lose interest in his job. He only states that it happened, and he quit.
LOOK AT YOUR NEXT STATEMENT
Quote:
Oh? How about the lovely "I see it as he quit when N-Pulse was going through a rough patch, now things are in motion he is coming back!" part? That is obviously an assertion aimed to defame me, and a ridiculously incorrect one at that.
Why did you ask him to have said why he quit in your last statement, then yell at him for doing it in this one?
Please, if you're going to be upset, at least be clear about what you are upset over.
Quote:
It is possible to form an opinion based on more than just one side of the story. The more information you have when stating your opinion, the less biased it will tend to be towards any particular point of view, unless one point of view is clearly false.
Yes, which is why I said that you, or someone else could easily type up a report from 'the other side' of this story, to even things out... sure would have been easier than arguing your points on the forums I think.
Quote:
How about the part where I've done the single largest amount of work for N-Pulse in a notably long time?
False. Zerxus has done the single most amount of work for N-Pulse... EVER, and he is still doing it. He has made HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of levels for N-Pulse. Why should you try to take the glory, when he has done more than you will ever do. He has helped N-Pulse with levels for what? Like 3 years now? Heck, even Wan probably did more work than you did your whole time as asst manager in under 2 weeks. He edited/remade about 30 outside levels, fixed scripts in the spar house and shops, and also helped with graphic work. He did that all in under 2 weeks, and you think you're amazing for fixing a few scripts, making a 3 level port town, and a few level edits?
Quote:
Or the fact that I had quit the server so people would get used to doing their jobs without depending on me?
Oh no, god forbid that the staff depend on their ASSISTANT MANAGER for help. I guess the best way to help staff do their jobs on their own is to LEAVE them, right?
When Moonie was asked about why you wanted to come back as Assistant Manager, she said:
his biggest problem when he worked here was he said
hardly anything was being done that he could see, and he got
burned out...now he sees people are working

Well, maybe there was a reason why things were getting done better when you were gone, than when you were staff.
All that changed when you left is that I took a more assertive role as Admin. People started bothering me as they used to bother you, and I helped them all. Things were getting more organized, projects were getting completed, and work was getting done. I just find it funny that you say you should get credit for all of our hard work, because you left and ALLOWED us to work without you. Well, for that month, thank you for the privlage of working without you, it was fun.
Quote:
Or how about the part where nearly all the staff members who had been working with me since I've came here supported my return?
Because most all of the people who did not support your return quit?

And to TtTackler, A lot of our 'cool' stuff was int he process of being added when we left. (PD and I) There is a new GUI and Weather system, but we could not use our weather system directly from EoA because of the change of server scripts and level names (we were going to re-make it but never got the chance), and the new GUI is edited to work with n-pulse stuff. You can turn them on by saying '/GUI on' and '/weather on'
(they were made optional so players would not get upset if they did not want to use them)
Old 04-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Zodiac Nub
Xcessive54321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Are'nt you like 11. o.o
on oct 17th....
Old 04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
The merge involved 3 things.
1. Converting all levels to work with the new tileset. I ASKED you to help us with this, and you told me it was MY project, and you would just review our work when we were done to approve it.
You wanted the tileset up RIGHT AWAY, and I was busy with other things at the time. Thus, due to your need for haste, it fell upon you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
2. Converting EoA scripts to work on N-Pulse. You told me PD was working on this, so unless you were helping him rescript stuff, then you didn't help with that either.
But I did add a good deal of the content to the server as it was being remade, or did you forget that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
3. Adding the levels and graphics to N-Pulse. Zerxus did this. He added our levels to the southern side of the map, and linked it all together and fixed the map.
Well duh Zerxus did it, he had the levels, I did not. It is rather hard to add to the server what you are not in possession of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
For the last 2 or 3 weeks of working on n-pulse you didn't do any level work, exept 2 levels on your 'pvp island' thing,
Incorrect. Plus, I was a Manager, not a LAT. It seemed to me we had about 5 LATs at the time, why would I be required to take a bulk of the level work upon myself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
and drew out maps and texts of things that we didn't even have the staff to develop. The only thing you did to help the merger was give me admin rights.
And the only thing you did to help it was look over PrinceDark and Zerxus while they did their jobs. We're even, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Out of those, over 40 of them were edited or completely remade within the time from when you left to when you came back."ect"
40 is quite an incorrect number. The amount of work was done by a team, at
the rate in which a team should work. I made over 120 unique levels BY MYSELF, and edited over 20 with Zerxus. This is during the time while I was practically running the place, including all of the staff, almost by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Please, if you're going to be upset, at least be clear about what you are upset over.
I was quite clear. I am upset that Wan used Graal News as a means to spread his biased propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Yes, which is why I said that you, or someone else could easily type up a report from 'the other side' of this story, to even things out... sure would have been easier than arguing your points on the forums I think.
So turn Graal News into a means for battling eachother over a topic that does not exactly belong there in the first place? It is because things like this would be allowed to happen that the publication already earns little respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
False. Zerxus has done the single most amount of work for N-Pulse... EVER, and he is still doing it. He has made HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of levels for N-Pulse.
And I've made scripts, levels, graphics, managed the staff, ect. Just because his work was more localized to a single thing does not mean he has done more of it. Besides, I was talking about over the last 8-10 months. for a good 4-5 of them, Zerxus was not present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Why should you try to take the glory, when he has done more than you will ever do. He has helped N-Pulse with levels for what? Like 3 years now?
What, you mean like the Glory you tried to take for EoA's content that he mostly made?
Sorry, I'm not attempting to take the credit for anyones work, I'm just quite upset that everything I've done may be overlooked when convenient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Heck, even Wan probably did more work than you did your whole time as asst manager in under 2 weeks.
Complete fallacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
He edited/remade about 30 outside levels, fixed scripts in the spar house and shops, and also helped with graphic work. He did that all in under 2 weeks, and you think you're amazing for fixing a few scripts, making a 3 level port town, and a few level edits?
If the words "A few" cover substantially higher numbers than it did the last time I checked, sure.
You're also seeming to forget that I was RUNNING THE SERVER. Is it fair that I should be expected to not only manage the staff, but do an equal amount of work level wise as a member of the LAT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Oh no, god forbid that the staff depend on their ASSISTANT MANAGER for help. I guess the best way to help staff do their jobs on their own is to LEAVE them, right?
When they can not possibly do their jobs without contacting you first after you've empowered them to do so, yes. And according to you, more work got done, so it looks like I was right, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
When Moonie was asked about why you wanted to come back as Assistant Manager, she said:
his biggest problem when he worked here was he said
hardly anything was being done that he could see, and he got
burned out...now he sees people are working

Well, maybe there was a reason why things were getting done better when you were gone, than when you were staff.
Because everyone was doing their job without waiting for me to give them permission, like I had been telling them to all along. It took the drastic act of my leaving for it to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Things were getting more organized, projects were getting completed, and work was getting done. I just find it funny that you say you should get credit for all of our hard work
Cool, show me where I said I want credit for everything you've done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Because you left and ALLOWED us to work without you. Well, for that month, thank you for the privlage of working without you, it was fun.
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Because most all of the people who did not support your return quit?
Those 2 will be missed.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Zodiac Nub
Xcessive54321 is on a distinguished road
I agree with Inspiration;.. He makes more since
Old 04-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
Quote:
To Xcessive
<3
Bef pming every player on the server for donations ... oh god!

Quote:
To Nitkizi/tackler
Weather system was laggy as hell. Players would complain more and N-Pulse will definitely be unplayable.

I feel the same way as ETD wanting them to remove all of EoA content, but that probably won't happen.
I would love for the issue to be settled with EoA content being removed and them sending us to hell with our work.

Where's Houdiniman or VT, maybe one of them can settle this.

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 04-30-2005, 01:22 AM
7 Words
[QUOTE=DarkShadows_Legend]<3
Bef pming every player on the server for donations ... oh god!

Weather system was laggy as hell. Players would complain more and N-Pulse will definitely be unplayable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows_Legend
I feel the same way as ETD wanting them to remove all of EoA content, but that probably won't happen.
I would love for the issue to be settled with EoA content being removed and them sending us to hell with our work.
You guys chose to leave due to personal reasons. We merged. You were not fired, forced out, treated poorly, ect.

The agreement at merger was that:
ETD would be made Admin - Done
EoA content would be used on N-Pulse as a large part of the server -Done
All EoA staff members who wanted a position on staff would recieve one - Done

You submitted your work to us, and you had to know the risk that somewhere down the road, you might become upset with the server. It is your choice to leave. I am sure you would be welcomed back to your previous posts at any time should you choose to return and work.

But, as of now, EoAs content has been willingly given to N-Pulse, and neither side has violated their part of the deal.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows_Legend

Where's Houdiniman or VT, maybe one of them can settle this.
???
ETD never asked me to remove the EoA content from NP...he said that other people were trying to tell him to, but he figured "why bother" or something...besides the fact that it was given to NP

Anyway, guys...this thread isnt about NP, it is about the Graal News site....no one claimed that the things put on that site were going to be true, or that they wouldn't be half-truths or one-sided...who cares really? Let it go....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
You guys chose to leave due to personal reasons. We merged. You were not fired, forced out, treated poorly, ect.

You came back as assistant manager. That is being treated poorly.

Read the review by Bef, it's interesting!

http://www.graalnews.net/content.php?article.24

Last edited by Darlene159; 04-30-2005 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: no need for that =/
Old 04-30-2005, 10:48 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Those 2 will be missed.
I believe the number is somewhere between 8 and 10 staff. I have also been told that others plan on quitting, but are waiting.

And Moonie, you're right, I wasn't going to ask for the content to be removed... I just tried to tell myself that I didn't care.

Anyways, if anyone wants to read the continuation, then go to the link that Wan posted and read the comments =x
Old 04-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
I believe the number is somewhere between 8 and 10 staff. I have also been told that others plan on quitting, but are waiting.
Name the 8 or 10 staff that quit please
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-30-2005, 11:17 PM
7 Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
I believe the number is somewhere between 8 and 10 staff.
Cool, I still count 2.
I'm sure you could provide me with the list of the 8-10, though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
I have also been told that others plan on quitting, but are waiting.[
Haha, right. Those imaginary people will be missed as well.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 05-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
Well some things was spoken with a PWA member and the way I understand it we're hosed out of a tileset and anything made public. The rest of the content, the 3 islands, gfx, ganis, sfx, and npcs that were never made public will be asked to be removed. The PWA member might ask or he sent ETD to ask I think.

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 05-01-2005, 02:47 AM
bef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bef Send a message via MSN to bef
Exclamation

Gate, PrinceDark, Nyne, Xaviour, Twiniez, Chang, !Wan, AJ, AcidTelvecho and Tweek.

(This information is from PrinceDark and Graal News holds no responsibility for the accuracy (or lack there of) of these comments.)
Old 05-01-2005, 03:56 AM
7 Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef
Gate, PrinceDark, Nyne, Xaviour, Twiniez, Chang, !Wan, AJ, AcidTelvecho and Tweek.
Gate - Quits every week anyway
PrinceDark- Did not quit because I returned, quit because of overall discontent
Nyne - Didnt even know he quit
Xavior - Same
Twineiz - Didnt quit, shes still staff
Chang - Same as above
!Wan - K.
AJ - Didnt quit, came back
Acid - Quit due to reasons totally seperate from this, plans to come back
Tweek - he was staff?

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 05-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Gene_Starlet is on a distinguished road
UM, as bef said - it's not his information, it was PrinceDark's.

Important: ANYONE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS LOADING GRAALNEWS.NET, RUN SOME ANTI-SPYWARE SOFTWARE. A number of people have had this problem and fixed it simply by removing a trojan on their computer.
I'd advise "Spybot - Search & Destroy" which you can get for free on download.com