Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I'm not too botherd, I'm just shocked that it actually got uploaded. Thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan

And the biased news with incorrect information aimed to defame peoples characters starts.

That did not take long at all.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-27-2005, 06:13 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration
And the biased news with incorrect information aimed to defame peoples characters starts.

That did not take long at all.
What was incorrect about it? Besides PD; he didn't log on till later and got angry anyways. It was an opinion article, most news papers have sections where people can post their opinions, maybe there should be a section for that?
For the most part I think his article was correct though. (if you look past the opinions)
Old 04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
7 Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
What was incorrect about it? Besides PD; he didn't log on till later and got angry anyways. It was an opinion article, most news papers have sections where people can post their opinions, maybe there should be a section for that?
For the most part I think his article was correct though. (if you look past the opinions)
Yeah, and as soon as you realize about 80% of the "information" provided is based on opinion, what exactly are you left with that is factual?

This is exactly what I meant about things being posted there instead of being posted on the forums. Everyone who reads that will get only one persons side of the story, and not be able to forum their opinion based on all the information.

The fact that large portions of information, which the writer in question knew and had at his disposal, was left out of that bit of "news" makes it even more malicious.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef
Wasn't bad news !Wan, though I wouldnt really classify it as a review. For this reason I placed it under the articles area.

Just an update of how the new sites going, since it was uploaded 17 days ago:
Hits: 16989
Unique Hits: 12936

Hits Per Day: 999
Unique Hits Per Day: 760

Not bad, not bad at all.
I can assure you that there's something wrong with your counter.
Some person on #gscript suggested it might count the SQL Queries, fix that!

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 04-28-2005, 09:57 AM
bef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bef Send a message via MSN to bef
I'm pretty sure it's not an error in the counter - it logs hits on each individual pages as well as a collective total, nothing looks off to me.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:19 PM
7 Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef
I'm pretty sure it's not an error in the counter - it logs hits on each individual pages as well as a collective total, nothing looks off to me.
The "unique" hits is totally off.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-28-2005, 07:56 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration
Yeah, and as soon as you realize about 80% of the "information" provided is based on opinion, what exactly are you left with that is factual?

This is exactly what I meant about things being posted there instead of being posted on the forums. Everyone who reads that will get only one persons side of the story, and not be able to forum their opinion based on all the information.

The fact that large portions of information, which the writer in question knew and had at his disposal, was left out of that bit of "news" makes it even more malicious.
" As some of you may already know, EoA (End of Ages) and N-Pulse have recently merged together to form N-Pulse: End of Ages! "
-Fact; Not Biased at all

"Early in to the transformation, the current co-manager UM (Unknown Mirage) quit! it came as a shock to just about everyone related to N-Pulse."
-Fact; You quit, not much to argue there

"After UM had quit, Development on the server was still underway better than ever! I got a message from ETD asking if I would like a job. I accepted and we was all set to go!"
-Fact; I doubt anyone would disagree that development was going great, and that I hired !Wan.

"I, myself edited almost all of the southern part of the map. I will not be finishing what I had started. Y'see Moonie hired UM back as management!"
-Facts; !Wan did edit almost all of the southern part of the map (except the 3 levels you did), Moonie did rehire you as management.

Those were all facts. Then a little over half way through he switches to his personal opinion. The only false, or potentially bias reporting would be the part about him, myself and PD going on strike, since PD was not on at the time (though he was upset about the situation).

Just because the topic of an article isn't about something you like, doesn't mean that the whole thing is biased and false. Within the article it is clear to see where he transitions from fact to opinion, and I think anyone who reads it knows that that is the opinion of the auther, you can take it or leave it.

I'm not trying to argue about this, I am just pointing out that what he posted was about 1/2 fact, and 1/2 opinions. And by saying he posted 'biased opinions' is just redundant, since all opinions are biased.

And he left out info? It seemed like a pretty basic story to me. Do you expect him to write a book on the topic? And anyways, if anyone else wants to write an article on the same topic I bet Bef would accept it.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:16 PM
7 Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
"Early in to the transformation, the current co-manager UM (Unknown Mirage) quit! it came as a shock to just about everyone related to N-Pulse."
-Fact; You quit, not much to argue there
However, "early into the transformation" implies, incorrectly, that I bailed as soon as the merger started. I seem to recall doing a large amount of work planning everything out, setting everything up, and helping the whole process go along smoothy. During all of this, the writer of the article was not present. It makes him rather unfit to assert what phase of the transformation the process was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
"After UM had quit, Development on the server was still underway better than ever! I got a message from ETD asking if I would like a job. I accepted and we was all set to go!"
-Fact; I doubt anyone would disagree that development was going great, and that I hired !Wan.
Ahahahaha. Underway better than ever AFTER I quit? 80% of the level work on that server right now was done by Zerxus and I long before I quit. Incorrect, biased information aganist me provided by someone who had not been around long enough to make such an insane assertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
"I, myself edited almost all of the southern part of the map. I will not be finishing what I had started. Y'see Moonie hired UM back as management!"
-Facts; !Wan did edit almost all of the southern part of the map (except the 3 levels you did), Moonie did rehire you as management..
Okay, but he completely fails to mention why hiring me back as management was a negative thing, or would cause him to lose interest in his job. He only states that it happened, and he quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
The only false, or potentially bias reporting would be the part about him, myself and PD going on strike, since PD was not on at the time (though he was upset about the situation).
Oh? How about the lovely "I see it as he quit when N-Pulse was going through a rough patch, now things are in motion he is coming back!" part? That is obviously an assertion aimed to defame me, and a ridiculously incorrect one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
Just because the topic of an article isn't about something you like, doesn't mean that the whole thing is biased and false.
The thing was written from a biased standpoint, meant to defame myself and Moon Goddess. My problem is that Bef simply allows people to use Graal News for their own personal vendettas, instead of attempting to keep it a professional establishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
I'm not trying to argue about this, I am just pointing out that what he posted was about 1/2 fact, and 1/2 opinions. And by saying he posted 'biased opinions' is just redundant, since all opinions are biased.
It is possible to form an opinion based on more than just one side of the story. The more information you have when stating your opinion, the less biased it will tend to be towards any particular point of view, unless one point of view is clearly false.

In this case, he openly states a false point of view as his opinion, and makes no attempt to even state the possible reasons for the actions of the people he aims to defame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
And he left out info? It seemed like a pretty basic story to me. Do you expect him to write a book on the topic? And anyways, if anyone else wants to write an article on the same topic I bet Bef would accept it.
How about the part where I've done the single largest amount of work for N-Pulse in a notably long time? Or the fact that I had quit the server so people would get used to doing their jobs without depending on me? Or how about the part where nearly all the staff members who had been working with me since I've came here supported my return?

Seems rather incomplete to me.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-29-2005, 01:28 AM
bef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bef Send a message via MSN to bef
Be Quiet.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:10 AM
7 Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef
Be Quiet.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Zodiac Nub
Xcessive54321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bef
Be Quiet.
Shut up.... i cant even go to your stupid site.... and who are you talking to wierdo?

Never pm me again about me giving you money for your stupid graal news crap...
Old 04-29-2005, 03:45 AM
7 Words
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcessive54321
Shut up.... i cant even go to your stupid site.... and who are you talking to wierdo?

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Bef got told.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 04-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
" As some of you may already know, EoA (End of Ages) and N-Pulse have recently merged together to form N-Pulse: End of Ages! "
-Fact; Not Biased at all
They have? So does NP have that 1337 weather system now..? What about the EOA map?..
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 04-29-2005, 08:13 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcessive54321

Are'nt you like 11. o.o