FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
I kinda figured something out the other day... N-Pulse for the past 4 years has mostly been a change, followed by a reset to a previous version of n-pulse, then another change, then another reset, and so-on. The only time any real longterm change happened in the past 4 years was under the Moons, when they added funland, the snow island I made, and a few other things. Development was pretty slow back then, but it was more long lasting stuff.

As N-Pulse is now the only thing holding it back is oldbies who refuse to let the server move on from it's begining roots. Some people say that it is the server's defining thing, and it is true. All N-Pulse has going for it right now is history. Without history, N-Pulse probably would not have been put back up. But N-Pulse needs to move on from it's history if it ever wants to compete with the new things other servers are doing.

Anyways, just some thoughts.
Well put ETD and I tend to agree with you..

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-26-2005, 05:13 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
MG.. I would of never thought I would of heard you say that. :O

Anyway.. I guess I was one of those oldbies who wanted the old times. I still couldnt to this day see N-Pulse as a totaly new server. When it was changed from when Zido was in manager it lost all its feel.. and Zido being manager deffintaly made it change. But anyway.. I bearly play anymore so I guess it shouldnt bother me.

Somone told me an idea of brining back tri-dal and fixing that totaly up. I think that would be a great idea. Fix up the towns, fill in the blanks.. and kill the kingdom idea that Geo made. There would be alot to work with.. it's has its some what classic feel.. but new.

N-Pulse just has to get over the 1 attitude it has always has ' this is good enough'. Nothing on N-Pulse was really that great.. GFX are old, levels were crap, scripts are untalkable of, ganis are even worse.. But it 'just did'. Who ever gets N-Pulse needs to really think hard and work out alot of its problems and really know where it should now be heading.

Oh and one other thing.. isf staff are being corrupt.. fire them! Not have this ' oh but there a good scripter'. Sure they can probablly DO the job but they dont and they are corrupted. We had that so damn much on NP... which was really half the problem of why nothing ever got done.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:50 AM
darmenth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to darmenth Send a message via AIM to darmenth Send a message via MSN to darmenth
Well put Miss Ocelot.
I wasn't around for the Tri-Dal days, but I still think if you were to bring them back, they should have some serious updates and revamping done first. There are good staff out there, willing to work, just got to find them.

Chibi-Postit, Anime Forum.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:55 AM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link
MG.. I would of never thought I would of heard you say that. :O
I think he did once before I forget exactly when though lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link
I guess I was one of those oldbies who wanted the old times. I still couldnt to this day see N-Pulse as a totaly new server.
It doesn't have to be totally new though... it just has to evolve... and N-Pulse has had several things stopping it's evolution. Every playerworld evolves in one way or another. From year to year a playerworld should have lots of small changes, that over time make the whole playerworld different, new and interesting.

I just think that the best solution would be to bring back old levels which are re-detailed. N-Pulse could still use the classic tileset, but maybe use images in the levels to make things look better.

eh, anyways it is great to be able to post on these forums again.... I missed it
^_^
*yes, the last part was a little random... I just type what first comes to mind *
Old 01-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
I liked N-Pulse when it had classes at the start and Giovanni.

Wizards, Thiefs, Warriors, Paladins, Clerics, etc...

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 01-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan
Houdini that was totally uncalled for
Don't take what I said as a personal attack on MoonGod, absentee staff have never helped anything.

I would say the same thing about anybody who was only around one or two days out of ten if people were depending on them.

MG can be a source of advice for Moonie, no question about that. His track record on N-Pulse should shows he makes good decisions. Obviously I wasn't doubting his abilities.

I just wasn't sure where he'd be "advising" from, if it was at home with Moonie, he wouldn't have had to make a post. Certainly still possible he never intended to have RC, but it wouldn't be good if people were depending on him on the server itself, or if there was an account with rights left unattended. Having unused RCs isn't the N-Pulse style, and it shouldn't be anybody's.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz_Hunter
The PWA team should of chose a manager before putting the server back up.
We chose a manager less than a week after Zido was banned.

It takes time to get Stefan to set spark's rights locally, so spark can give them to the chosen manager and everything can be set up again.

Also, if we announced the manager prior to setting the his/her rights, staff on the server who still had rights could do a lot of damage to it, and we'd be back where we started.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
I just wasn't sure where he'd be "advising" from, if it was at home with Moonie, he wouldn't have had to make a post.
He posted to show that he still cares about NP, and to support me....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-26-2005, 12:43 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
No, he wants a manager, he didn't say you specifically. He said they need you to ban and such.
of slavery my son".

Old 01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Truckin Up
I am not totally against anyone even ETD and we have had our bouts in the past, he does at times make statements that I do indeed agee with. Like Npulse , I feel yes it should never entirely lose it's roots but on the other hand it should progress forward to attract new players and create new history. It is the only way the server will survive. I have always in the past as I do now have Npulse best interest at heart and having someone as Staff that is hardly there is not in the best interest of Npulse and at this point in time I cannot devote the time that is needed so anything I may do will be from a backseat position of advice and ideas to throw out to the players and nothing more than that.

The difference of when Moonie and I managed Npulse is we are a Team in real life (Married) so it is natural for us to discuss and work together on things but as in real life no we did not always agree on things but we did work out a compromise with it. Something that is sad to say rare on Graal when there is more than one Manager. So we did have an advantage on this because of our realtionship of many years in real life.

With the help of those who truly want to see Npulse rise again to all it's glory and not interested in their own personal gain, Npulse will indeed rise again.

Just to point out a small detail it is " Teir Dal " , this was the name of the spin off of Npulse Geovanie made. It was the P2P server that never really made it and was combined with Npulse. This was a dark time for Npulse with much confusion and havoc over this, I won't bother going into the details.

Quote:
I just wasn't sure where he'd be "advising" from, if it was at home with Moonie, he wouldn't have had to make a post. Certainly still possible he never intended to have RC, but it wouldn't be good if people were depending on him on the server itself, or if there was an account with rights left unattended. Having unused RCs isn't the N-Pulse style, and it shouldn't be anybody's.
Again HM you are making your opinions on things you don't know about, you should really ask before making such statements. I post because I am still a part of the Graal community and have a valid interest in what goes on with Graal. You really need to keep in mind , I will be 50 this year and have no desire to play the childish power games that many do on here. I would like to see the game and well as the community grow and prosper.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeandy7
No, he wants a manager, he didn't say you specifically. He said they need you to ban and such.
Who are you talking to, and what are you talking about?
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-26-2005, 07:38 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz_Hunter
We have to rely on Moonie if someone needs jailed, banned, etc.. People seem to think since there is no manager, they can do whatever they please. The PWA team should of chose a manager before putting the server back up.
Blitz posted this ^ ^

Quote:
Don't take what I said as a personal attack on MoonGod, absentee staff have never helped anything.

I would say the same thing about anybody who was only around one or two days out of ten if people were depending on them.

MG can be a source of advice for Moonie, no question about that. His track record on N-Pulse should shows he makes good decisions. Obviously I wasn't doubting his abilities.

Houdiniman then replied to him (Blitz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
He posted to show that he still cares about NP, and to support me....
You then said he wanted you to be manager, where exactly did he state this, Darlene?
of slavery my son".

Old 01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Blitz
You then said he wanted you to be manager, where exactly did he state this, Darlene?
you might want to read the post I replied to a little closer, I replied to what Houdiniman said about MG, you totally misread my whole post.
I have no idea where I said that anyone wanted me as Manager at....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Blitz
No she didn't and this is what I said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdude99
If Moonie gets to be Manager again I would help her if need be but only on a very limited basis, because I am only at home about 1 to 2 days in a 10 day period. I stay on the road a lot now, good money but my home life is the sacrifice for it.
Snake if you intend on quoting someone or say someone said something at least make sure your content is correct..

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-26-2005, 10:52 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Oh, I see. My bad.
-sorry
of slavery my son".

Last edited by Snakeandy7; 01-26-2005 at 11:14 PM..