Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What would you like to see on NP?
Old NP levels with Funland, Events Island, Snow Island, etc...with the quests that were there. 24 55.81%
Current levels, fixed and added onto, adding quests. 3 6.98%
All new levels, quests, etc.... 12 27.91%
other (explain please) 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
Moonie, you asked on peoples advice, and you just threw it in there face.. :O
of slavery my son".

Old 01-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeandy7
Moonie, you asked on peoples advice, and you just threw it in there face.. :O
Actually, I asked what people wanted, and I am trying to figure out how the antique levels are better than upgraded levels, other than for memories.
I'm not throwing anything in anyones face by asking questions....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
"Member ID=2610"
So, your telling is to move on from the old graal style? some people rather enjoy this style, me being one of them people.
of slavery my son".

Old 01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeandy7
So, your telling is to move on from the old graal style? some people rather enjoy this style, me being one of them people.
In order to compete with all of the other PW's, we pretty much have to move on from the old days, that is why when I was Manager before (MG and I, I mean), we tried to mix old with new as a comprimise, and it seemed to work well except that updates stopped due to lack of staff.
We still had level1, 2, 3, and some other old levels (updated to look nicer of course), and in the end, before I quit, some of the old quests were brought back that older players loved.
Yes, the oldbies love the old levels, as do I....but new players, who dont know the history of NP do not want to see those old levels, therefore we wouldnt be able to draw in many new players.
I know how you feel, I love the old levels too, but only for the memories, history, and community from back then...there is nothing wrong with making new memories, making a new community (mixed with the old community), and making new history
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-26-2005, 01:24 AM
someweirdperson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to someweirdperson
So is there something wrong with making both types of people happy? Old and new? Or will you just discard old players and say to hell with them.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:51 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
You have to think: What defines N-Pulse?

If you're going to make a playerworld that isn't N-Pulse, why bother naming it N-Pulse?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by someweirdperson
So is there something wrong with making both types of people happy? Old and new? Or will you just discard old players and say to hell with them.
Exactly why I added new with old, to make both happy...it is impossible to make everyone happy, so if the majority are happy, so am I.
I would never say to hell with the oldbies, I mean they are important, but new people are just as important, therefore I comprimised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
If you're going to make a playerworld that isn't N-Pulse, why bother naming it N-Pulse?
It will be NP no matter what we do to it, the community is always what makes up a server in my eyes, but I never wanted to get rid of classic, hence why the main levels are still there, but I did update them to look better.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-26-2005, 03:33 AM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun

This is from another thread... but I thought it would help to post it here too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
I kinda figured something out the other day... N-Pulse for the past 4 years has mostly been a change, followed by a reset to a previous version of n-pulse, then another change, then another reset, and so-on. The only time any real longterm change happened in the past 4 years was under the Moons, when they added funland, the snow island I made, and a few other things. Development was pretty slow back then, but it was more long lasting stuff.

As N-Pulse is now the only thing holding it back is oldbies who refuse to let the server move on from it's begining roots. Some people say that it is the server's defining thing, and it is true. All N-Pulse has going for it right now is history. Without history, N-Pulse probably would not have been put back up. But N-Pulse needs to move on from it's history if it ever wants to compete with the new things other servers are doing.

Anyways, just some thoughts.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:46 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Npulse wont survive.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally Posted by syltburk
Npulse wont survive.
Yea well that has been said many times before and as you see it is still here and refuses to die an yet continues to prosper.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
someweirdperson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to someweirdperson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdude99
Yea well that has been said many times before and as you see it is still here and refuses to die an yet continues to prosper.
I honestly don't consider what it's doing prospering. It's hanging by a thread. I mean, now that it's back up a lot of people are on again. (Yeah, 30 is a lot for it now) I know the times have changed, but MG and Moonie, if you played way back when, remember when Classic was called Main Server? Remember how N-Pulse had more than it? N-Pulse used to have over 130 people on during the day. Moonie, if the levels back then were so bad, and such little detail, they wouldn't have had that many players. I know everyone disagrees with me, but the old levels WERE damn good. Do you know how happy I'd be if you put geo's old old old 1 floor house back? With the ice skating rink, CTF or whatever game it was, so on. (OH YEAH! AND THE DANCE FLOOR w/ pub) It doesn't really matter, you wouldn't do all this for one player anyway. All the oldbies left when certain people came in, and certain people left. I'm just here now, giving advice. Well if you start from scratch, what are you gonna make it?

MG, wtf is that thing in your sig, nice effects but wtf is it?
Old 01-26-2005, 05:45 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Level's don't make the server, just remember that.
of slavery my son".

Old 01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by someweirdperson
I honestly don't consider what it's doing prospering. It's hanging by a thread. I mean, now that it's back up a lot of people are on again. (Yeah, 30 is a lot for it now) I know the times have changed, but MG and Moonie, if you played way back when, remember when Classic was called Main Server? Remember how N-Pulse had more than it? N-Pulse used to have over 130 people on during the day. Moonie, if the levels back then were so bad, and such little detail, they wouldn't have had that many players. I know everyone disagrees with me, but the old levels WERE damn good. Do you know how happy I'd be if you put geo's old old old 1 floor house back? With the ice skating rink, CTF or whatever game it was, so on. (OH YEAH! AND THE DANCE FLOOR w/ pub) It doesn't really matter, you wouldn't do all this for one player anyway. All the oldbies left when certain people came in, and certain people left. I'm just here now, giving advice. Well if you start from scratch, what are you gonna make it?

MG, wtf is that thing in your sig, nice effects but wtf is it?
Back when there was Classic and NP, you dont know why there were so many people on NP?
1) There were 2 servers only....
2) It was free to play Graal.....
3) The kind of levels that were there, were the norm for Graal back then....

Even after there was P2P, NP was doing really well...now you have many, many servers to choose from, we have the gold servers, many people are making their own PW's or have one that used to play on the servers....Alot has changed since back then, you cannot expect things to stay the same, it is unreasonable, and unrealistic....
Remember how many people classic used to have on it back then? Look at it now.....if you dont change with the times, you will lose.

The levels back then weren't bad, they were the norm....but to use them now, they would be considered bad levels by new people, the only ones who would enjoy them are the die-hard oldbies from way back then, we have to make things to get NEW people to want to play, not just older players....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-26-2005, 09:56 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
wats going on here

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 01-26-2005, 09:56 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdude99
We will see, ofcourse you can put it up again? But what I have heard is corruption. Wouldn't want a server that cant handle that on the server list thank you very much.