Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 05:24 AM
SergeTrigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SergeTrigger Send a message via Yahoo to SergeTrigger
sounds good since my gold just ran out but I don't really consider myself as helpful to the graal community... I just consider myself a semi-idol.....
Old 01-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Coder
Mitch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mitch
Yes, I know what your talking about. Unfortunately I can only help so many people.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:24 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderX
So, tell me, how expensive is being a full time uni student in Canada, per term?
Depends on a few things. For where I go, they charge you $110/credit. Science courses, like Biology/Chemistry/Physics are 5 credits each (including Lab), while non-Lab science courses are 4 credits, and Arts (non-Science, essentially) courses are 3 credits. Being I take about 19 credits per semester, tuition is only $2090/semester, but the cost per credit is rising each year.

My books total about $800/semester. As well, we are charged various student union fees and they forced me on a $300+ medical/dental plan starting this semester.

Without costs of living, it's between $3000 and $3500 per 13 week semester. With costs of living, it could possibly be around $6000 - $7000.

Scholarships knocked off a few grand for me, but I had to turn the largest ones down, because it meant moving to the University of Alberta. I got a full entrance scholarship at Alberta's school of engineering, complete with Jr. Instructor job and among the first to work at the (not yet complete) national institute of nanotechnology. It took me awhile to decide, but I'd rather go into Medicine and stay in British Columbia.

Mitch, congratulations on your PhD. I've just seen people who have put their live's into this game, only to regret it because they had nothing else. It seems you have a lot of other stuff and you will not regret any of this. Best of luck.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Banned
Slash-P2P is on a distinguished road
I've put a lot of work into Graal...Frolic, Bravo, Element, Mushia, various playerworlds.
I wouldn't mind an upgrade .
Old 01-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Volcan
trans9o0111 is on a distinguished road
why is mitch doing this?
Old 01-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Coder
Let's look at this logically. The reason I'm doing this is very similiar to the reason why you are asking me that question, it is because we choose to. Also for all people that are posting about an account upgrade, e-mail your requests to me.

I am looking for people to help design the web site I am going to make for graal financial help. Most likely the site url will be www.graalfinancial.com. I need a graphics artist(s) aswell as php and html coders. You will be rewarded if you help design the site and do a good job.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:44 AM
BeefBandit
RaabHimself is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RaabHimself
Go on AIM and IM me if you can Mitch.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Volcan
trans9o0111 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
Let's look at this logically. The reason I'm doing this is very similiar to the reason why you are asking me that question, it is because we choose to. Also for all people that are posting about an account upgrade, e-mail your requests to me.

I am looking for people to help design the web site I am going to make for graal financial help. Most likely the site url will be www.graalfinancial.com. I need a graphics artist(s) aswell as php and html coders. You will be rewarded if you help design the site and do a good job.

Are you kidding me, how is saying "we choose to" logical. I want to know what you have to gain, and your reasons for blowing ur own cash on other people you do not even know.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:37 AM
Coder
You may want to know, but that doesn't mean I have to tell you. Especially when you are talking like that, I'm only trying to help and people like you just make me stressed out.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:46 AM
V Avatar
LordMatt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LordMatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans9o0111
Are you kidding me, how is saying "we choose to" logical. I want to know what you have to gain, and your reasons for blowing ur own cash on other people you do not even know.
People don't always have some evil scheme in mind.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:47 AM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I haven't even thought about judging him, yet you seem eager to do so with me.
And I judged you how? Oh, by saying you judged him... right, makes perfect sense

Oh look, he has a PHD already *score 1 for me*

Don't be so quick to give advice, or correct people when you don't have the knowledge to do so.

Sorry, but after you tried to correct me on my using the term 'co-manager' in another thread, and then this... you're starting to really annoy me with the way you act like you know better than the rest of us. You seem to view yourself as some sage within the graal community, sent to advice us of how things should be. yeah, really annoying.

Sorry, I had to get that out o.o And yes, that last part IS judging you... notice the difference.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Banned
oinknessx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oinknessx
Ummm... I sent a message to his email... Wether he choose me or not, it's ok, and I am not going to beg or be rude about it. I think it's nice that he is trying to help people out, especially us people who are having honest financial troubles.. Mitch, I just think you might be doing a bit much... There are other ways you can help the community apart from upgrading accounts.. you could host graal tutorials or something on that webpage. Maybe even have a thing where graalians can submit their heads and stuff.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
And I judged you how? Oh, by saying you judged him... right, makes perfect sense

Oh look, he has a PHD already *score 1 for me*

Don't be so quick to give advice, or correct people when you don't have the knowledge to do so.

Sorry, but after you tried to correct me on my using the term 'co-manager' in another thread, and then this... you're starting to really annoy me with the way you act like you know better than the rest of us. You seem to view yourself as some sage within the graal community, sent to advice us of how things should be. yeah, really annoying.

Sorry, I had to get that out o.o And yes, that last part IS judging you... notice the difference.
I'm not out to be anything as such. I didn't know you took offence to such things. If it makes you feel better, I admit you were right both times.

However, what is expected of a forum user, if not his/her opinion? I don't see my postings as being overall different than most others'. If you could explain it to me, I would most appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Luciano is on a distinguished road
All of those people who are menstrual about how he's blowing his money off on BEING NICE; it's really his choice. I think it's a good deed and good deeds will be rewarded. The reward may only be self-righteousness, but it's still damn nice. (And hopefully people will get to know you as a nice person)

As a not very nice person at times, I'd like to say:
Mitch, you are a very nice person.

Unfortunately, I cannot mooch off of you at this time, and am not trying to get on your good side for the fact that you are practically giving gold time away, because I already have obtained a year old vip and gold before I saw this thread.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:56 AM
MysticalMatrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MysticalMatrix
Shaun where in Vancouver do you live? + Mitch that is really a kind gesture, but don't waste your money. Go Buy a car or something :O

"You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life even if you had an electrified fooling machine!" - Homer Simpson

Closed Thread