Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
silly ray, their target audience is on graalians and those kids are super excited. i don't think MD cares what people here think
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Shut your mouth? I didn't get angry or answer negatively, I was straight forward and answered every question asked. Nothing negative about it, there is a difference between criticism and bashing. Re-read all MattKans threads and you tell me which one it is? If you call this bad player relations, i can honestly care less. Nothing got any worst, until you chimed in.

What did you invest in? There is hardly any of your work on delteria anymore, what you had done was been replaced and gone. And my buttons are far from pressed, I only said I would answer his questions when they was worth answering. I was being truthful not disrespectful. (If he felt disrespected my apologies towards him)

And I don't @ Crono, we do what we do and we enjoy it (Working on delteria that is). IF Delteria isn't successful that's fine, if it is that's great. But we had fun Developing for it.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 09-17-2013, 02:32 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
it's probably the fact you misconstrue people's criticisms and go immediately on the offensive and start insulting whatever it is they're a part of in attempt to make their posts invalid.

I.e. your last reply to me.

Mattkan's also completely right. The server clearly lacks polish and would of been impacted negatively by not being delayed. You guys market the server as setting 'the bar higher' but then you go and show us GUIs that aren't even finished, had you not been delayed those would of went live. That's average UC server behavior not 'bar setter' behavior.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Offensive? I don't think my reply was offensive at all, like you said "MattKan" was completely right, I was only being honest. On Delteria we introduced "features" never seen before on graal period, I would consider that setting the bar. Innovation is a great thing weather it's in proto type or not. If you look at Scriptless first post "but then again i dont care about reading if the gameplay is good". This how most "players" think, they only care if the game play is good and its amazing in my own personal opinion. I usually take the constructive criticism into consideration and act on it. Look at my first post and compare it to this thread. ALMOST EVERYTHING this community suggested we made those changes. It's not that we don't "listen" or take those recommendations into consideration, but it starts to get annoying when you have one individual trolling every thread with non sense especially when they have no impact at all on the community. ANYONE that's interested in seeing the server there self is more then welcome to. Example Cubical suggested we change the font, there is now a option in Player Options to change the font to arial in case the player can't read the current font. So we do make these changes although we dish back what we receive.

Although our GUIs are a bit dull, I really feel it doesn't put a major impact on the game. I rather waste my time adding more content and things to keep the players entertained. You mentioned about the GUIs being inconsistent, I only pointed out how your server is classic and MOST your GUIs are inconsistent (Including Using random Blue GUI Profiles) and it doesn't effect your server at all because why? Because the game play is great.

Previous Snapshots little over a year ago

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...3&d=1327726421
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...1&d=1327726611
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 09-17-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Old 09-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Your user interface (GUI) is the first thing people will see and in my experience first impressions are everything. If the players will be looking at something constantly it shouldn't be hard to read or ugly. Look for inspirations from other games if needed but how the currently look is in no way visually appealing. Just an example your two shades of grey, while both being gray seem to visually conflict with each other. Maybe make the lighter one a bit darker especially if you are opting to use a white font.

Edit: i'm not bashing your work but the community has cried since the start about it's appearance and it doesn't seem that too much has changed. Also being able to change fonts is a nice option.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I'd say UN has more content than your server.
Now that's hilarious.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 PM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
Hi all,

The plan as of now is to wait until launch rolls around and revenue starts coming in, and then we'll hire a professional artist to recreate our interfaces for us. We understand our GATs would probably be capable of stringing something together, but you all are absolutely right; the interface IS something that the player sees the most. That is the exact reason we need it to be splendid and of great quality.

We would like to wait to pull in third party resources because if Delteria ends up being a lost cause, that's just a harder hit to the investments we have made toward the server.

Most of our interfaces are on a make-shift base or are just background pictures tied to interfaces. You'll notice that we're not completely done with construction for the server, and the delays have done nothing but aided us completely. We assure you that Delteria will have advancements in the future, and they are currently happening as we type. As with any Graal server, there is never a "finished product," and it will be constantly upgraded and expanded.

Cya on Delteria,
Dylan

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
Old 09-18-2013, 01:02 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan View Post
Hi all,

The plan as of now is to wait until launch rolls around and revenue starts coming in, and then we'll hire a professional artist to recreate our interfaces for us
Can you elaborate on this?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:51 AM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Can you elaborate on this?
Sure!

The team themselves aren't getting paid, but as we provide a portion of the financial support of Graal, EUROCENTER becomes willing to hire third party assets to boost the overall content of the server. They have already stated in emails back and forth between our management and their's that they would be more than happy to pay professionals to aid the server need it be, assuming we've proven we are financially suitable.

It's quite simple: You show EUROCENTER you can make money and they are willing to spend a little money to potentially gain more. Same in any business, really. Many believe no one in Graal is being paid or that it's all volunteer work, but this is definitely not to be true. While the majority of the community works for free, those who are bringing in the largest amount of income to EUROCENTER are actually receiving a little bit of that income themselves.

I don't know if I've gone into this to an extent where it would make Stefan and Stephane uncomfortable but let's hope not.

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Sure!

The team themselves aren't getting paid, but as we provide a portion of the financial support of Graal, EUROCENTER becomes willing to hire third party assets to boost the overall content of the server. They have already stated in emails back and forth between our management and their's that they would be more than happy to pay professionals to aid the server need it be, assuming we've proven we are financially suitable.

It's quite simple: You show EUROCENTER you can make money and they are willing to spend a little money to potentially gain more. Same in any business, really. Many believe no one in Graal is being paid or that it's all volunteer work, but this is definitely not to be true. While the majority of the community works for free, those who are bringing in the largest amount of income to EUROCENTER are actually receiving a little bit of that income themselves.

I don't know if I've gone into this to an extent where it would make Stefan and Stephane uncomfortable but let's hope not.
Thats how its always been like...

Old 09-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned
Quote:
Sure!

The team themselves aren't getting paid, but as we provide a portion of the financial support of Graal,
o nvm
Old 09-19-2013, 05:07 AM
Sexy Man-Robot
DenoriZakarum is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If being transparent makes the company uncomfortable, we have more to worry about then population
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
I think it looks good, but sometime between last Delteria was online and when it will be released, 2D games stopped being a thing. This reminds me of that Duke Nukem.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I think it looks good, but sometime between last Delteria was online and when it will be released, 2D games stopped being a thing. This reminds me of that Duke Nukem.
Starbound has 85,000+ preorders and made close to $2 million.

I think 2d games are still a thing

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Starbound has 85,000+ preorders and made close to $2 million.

I think 2d games are still a thing
And Terraria is the 5th Highest Selling game on Steam atm with millions of customers/players.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Closed Thread