Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Take your opinions here: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php

Let me know how that goes; that's all I have to say about this. You're speaking things that sound as if you're pulling it directly out of your ass. In all my years of making graphics and being in art communities I have never heard of any of these views you seem so fond of. I am but one person applying my own knowledge that I have learned from many, and you are certain you are too. But I'd like to see how your views stand up with actual art communities full of professional artists instead of bull****ting around here.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 AM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
dramatic or what.....

in the end all i really said(meant to say since i confused the GFX for a minute) was crows GFX looks like there is a light source directly infront of the hat.... and that is generally frowed uppon for graal servers or in general... beside special cases....

also that the sun is usually the light source on graal so thats why i find it doesnt match graals style.

i also implied i personally like to make GFX with a overhead lightsource slightly to the right beacause that how i learned. i like going from brigh to dark instead of having brigh in the middle and dark on each side.

its not wrong having crows light source but i just find it uglier then it could be. I like dustys hat gfx over all. the overhead left light source looks much nicer.

sue me!

Last edited by geneticfrog; 03-11-2012 at 02:08 AM..
Old 03-11-2012, 02:14 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
dramatic or what.....

in the end all i really said(meant to say since i confused the GFX for a minute) was crows GFX looks like there is a light source directly infront of the hat.... and that is generally frowed uppon for graal servers or in general... beside special cases....

also that the sun is usually the light source on graal so thats why i find it doesnt match graals style.

i also implied i personally like to make GFX with a overhead lightsource slightly to the right beacause that how i learned. i like going from brigh to dark instead of having brigh in the middle and dark on each side.

its not wrong having crows light source but i just find it uglier then it could be. I like dustys hat gfx over all. the overhead left light source looks much nicer.

sue me!
And this is the problem. The only thing you've done so far is to go into threads and **** on people who are actually trying to help. All the while you're not helping ANYONE at all. You have an elitist attitude about art all the while apparently not knowing a ****ing thing about it. And yes, this is a negative post; a negative post directed at a negative person.

You're not helpful, you're not constructive, and you're not ****ing welcome here.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
And this is the problem. The only thing you've done so far is to go into threads and **** on people who are actually trying to help. All the while you're not helping ANYONE at all. You have an elitist attitude about art all the while apparently not knowing a ****ing thing about it. And yes, this is a negative post; a negative post directed at a negative person.
Allow me to shorten this for ya Dusty.

Click here to figure Jer out!

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 AM
lavaman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
the lightsource is between the viewer and the world
The lightsource is NOT between the viewer and the world,
YOU ARE THE LIGHT SOURCE...

Like a god of the sun watching down upon his/her subjects, observing their meager lives.
With their fruitless toiling you feel pity, lending a helping hand and setting them off on a life of grand adventure.

Leading your subject on through perilous caves and dark dungeons, growing stronger with each trip.
You soon do all their is to do, as strong as they can get, and saved all the people you can save.
Nothing left to do but to send your hero to turn on their fellow adventures.

However with time, weariness and boredom grows.
It grows and it grows... to the point you can bare no longer.
Abandoned and neglected,
the fame you granted your subject fades away and eventually withers to nothing...

Cast from your favor, returning them to the life you once sought to liberate them from.
Shrouded in darkness, cursed to spend eternity in the abyss of nothing, away from your bright gaze.

Last edited by lavaman; 03-11-2012 at 02:47 AM..
Old 03-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
The lightsource is NOT between the viewer and the world,
YOU ARE THE LIGHT SOURCE...

Like a god of the sun watching down upon his/her subjects, observing their meager lives.
With their fruitless toiling you feel pity, lending a helping hand and setting them off on a life of grand adventure.

However with time, weariness and boredom grows.
It grows and it grows... the the point you can bare no longer.
Abandoned and neglected, the fame you granted your subject fades away and eventually withers to nothing. Returning them to the life you once sought to liberate them from.
Was going to quote that you're arguing semantics and that it's the angle of the lightsource that matters in this instance, not the distance... but you have fooled me.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:

You're not helpful, you're not constructive, and you're not ****ing welcome here.
you act like you own the forums.

i'll post what ever i want bro.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
you act like you own the forums.

i'll post what ever i want bro.
Never said you couldn't post, and I didn't tell you to gtfo. You're simply not welcome; though I'm not arrogant enough to say that I speak on behalf of any others.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Never said you couldn't post, and I didn't tell you to gtfo. You're simply not welcome; though I'm not arrogant enough to say that I speak on behalf of any others.
you are in no possition to decide who is and is not welcome.

thanks for your opinion none the less.

Last edited by geneticfrog; 03-11-2012 at 03:03 AM..
Old 03-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
you are in no possition to decide who is and is not welcome.
I don't welcome you, therefor I am certainly in position to determine if you're welcome or not.

Quote:
though I'm not arrogant enough to say that I speak on behalf of any others.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:56 AM
thanks for your opinion.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
though I'm not arrogant enough to say that I speak on behalf of any others.
Oh, oh! Here! *raises hand* Me, me! You certainly speak on behalf of me, and probably quite some others as well.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
A gate I made for iClassic:
Well that explains a lot.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:12 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
If Dusty were running for mayor of this forum, I would vote for him. I think he represents the majority of this forum. This Jer is not welcome on our forums!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
drama drama drama island.

great joke about dusty as a mayor, I love a good laugh.