Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 06:54 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I do agree with you but I think something called the nukeshot should be more than a simple projectile with generic explosion.

Last edited by Crono; 05-21-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Old 05-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post

Old 05-21-2011, 09:09 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
That picture is fookin epic. I have to give you rep for posting it, and definitely have to give Dusty rep for making it.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Yes, why is it ugly?

Is there something "wrong" with it?
Is rotation seen as generic?
Is it because it's not the same as the original?

It may not be up to a developers tastes where ofcourse things can be bettered but nevertheless it's something players have been impressed with and haven't critiqued.
It is essentially a projectile super bomb. I'd say go with the super bomb(red) and just ignore the nuke shot all together, if there were a projectile version of all the bomb npcws then the bombs are useless.

Or make it something that isn't an npcw-- like a super weapon only useable during server-wide events or a quest.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Should make nukeshot arc instead and then do the old super explosion

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 05-22-2011, 03:45 AM
lavaman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
It is essentially a projectile super bomb. I'd say go with the super bomb(red) and just ignore the nuke shot all together, if there were a projectile version of all the bomb npcws then the bombs are useless.

Or make it something that isn't an npcw-- like a super weapon only useable during server-wide events or a quest.
I agree with this.
Maybe make the Nukeshot similar to the TNT from the quest in Christian's shop where you had to place the TNT and detonator then connect them but with this you need to pick up then place the launcher, then pick up the ammo and load it into the launcher, and last fire it into a large amount of baddies, a boss, or destroy something at a distance.

Another idea is to just make nukeshot ammo scarce so that it is a waste to use it when you can just use a superbomb.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Another preview, this is demonstrating the combination of previously made falling, the new fully custom projectile system and a different wall checking option. The significance of this for the most part is that certain blocking tiles can easily be made to be ignored by players, baddies, projectiles or anything that moves.

It should be noted that while this level will be used as part of a quest this video is just for display, this level is subject to change.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:24 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Thats pretty neat, nice job!

It's genius.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
It's cool, perhaps you could add baddies and players falling if they get hit and are knocked back to the edge as well.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 05-25-2011, 04:00 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
It's cool, perhaps you could add baddies and players falling if they get hit and are knocked back to the edge as well.
Players already are falling like this if you mean through recoil movement, baddies had crossed my mind mainly with this being the case in LTTPm though a worry is keeping script time down as their movement is already quite complex.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Very awesome.

I do think that baddies really ought to be able to fall, though.

Even if it's the most difficult script you've ever produced.

If you have an organized system of keys that unlock doors in respective dungeons, AND baddies that fall into holes, then we're seriously in business.

Also, I think we had something like this working before: a method to where each different place you could fall sends you to a separate and planned-out location in a level below.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post

I do think that baddies really ought to be able to fall, though.

Even if it's the most difficult script you've ever produced.
It's not so much a matter of difficulty, the detection of fall tiles is very simple, as is making their recoil go through them, the worry really is that fully precise blocking detection with the high range of angles that can occur with recoil can be a lot more expensive in terms of script time than straight forward or diagonal checks. Admittedly they're quite consuming as it is, they're using the same movement process as players with such things as sliding against diagonal cliff tiles enabled, it's something I'll want to optimise before adding more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Also, I think we had something like this working before: a method to where each different place you could fall sends you to a separate and planned-out location in a level below.
This is very simple to do should we want to, though there won't be any fall level for this specifically.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:57 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
It's funny, when I'm playing ALttP I get the feeling that nintendo found a way to get around that method as a whole, because their script for doing it seems to be really simple and logical. But, alas, they weren't using Gscript.

I was hoping it would be as easy as this:

1. enemy moves onto specific x/y location

2. enemy plays an animation

3. script nullifies enemy amidst this

lol
Old 06-04-2011, 04:45 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
is the falling thing on atlantis too?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
is the falling thing on atlantis too?
I'm pretty sure I've seen it, on the way to the mountains... 'cept much easier to fall on Atlantis...

But good work, Thor!