FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2006, 06:51 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splke
GK ISNT FOR RP

It's for big IWD'd up weapons and brutal'ing your phys level day in and day out then PKing then getting perfect gear then selling it all. That or getting stopped halfway by somebody using their Event Master tag to PK you.

Anyways. Resotration not restoring food is retarded. MMT fails, so does carrying around agrip of food to restore yourself. Not to mention a person with regen+ (BDA/RoWs) eats up 999 food in probably 10 minutes. Sorry but the idea of enforcing RP by removing Restoration fails. Miserably.

/agreed

wtf bosh agrees with argo on gk for the first time in 5 years :O:O:O:O hows my laptop?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Okay, so, now that restoration has no food, and I refuse to kill shell bomys for food, I decided I would take a tour of the Misty Mug Tavern to get some food. Here is my adventure, which, I am sure everyone else has shared before, as well.

So, I walk in, ~300 food left. I decide to try one of their combos, with the Two steaks and a bottle of Rum for some plat or so.

I sit at a table, 4 people working, Sam and Yann there as well. After a few minutes of waiting, and no one to take my order or assist me, I walk to Sam. I ask for some assistance because I am hungry. No response, as usual, because he is idling his GK along with Yann.

So, I leave hungry and have to find food on my own since I can't simply cast restoration which is what the spell was used for.

If you guys are finding it so hard to believe that that was the original purpose of the spell, I will recommend you find the english definition of the word restoration. It was intended to RESTORE a person, not BULL**** a person. It basically does NOTHING for 60+grace. It is rather obvious, that the Misty Mug Tavern is not serving its purpose now.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:49 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu
...I sit at a table, 4 people working, Sam and Yann there as well. After a few minutes of waiting, and no one to take my order or assist me, I walk to Sam. I ask for some assistance because I am hungry. No response, as usual, because he is idling his GK along with Yann.
It is rather obvious, that the Misty Mug Tavern is not serving its purpose now...
That proves you are not thinking before posting!
1. You know NOTHING about the things I am doing while "idle". (at this time I have to bann several people, sadly...)
2. Yann is not a waiter and wasn't on his security tag the whole day! ( and security staff dont serves food...)
3. I am not a waiter too.
4. Feel free to kill shell bomys, there is no duty to buy food in MMT.
You should not beat at persons if you dont have any clue about their function.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, you're still ignoring the stuff you don't have a solid argument against.

You and your duties are not the point of this whole thread. It just so happens to be that the topic of debate is the usefullnes of Restoration now that it does not restore food as well. And, your alternative to that was: go eat at the misty mug tavern for food.

So, I did so, seeing as I wouldn't mind giving it a try. When I did, I got no service, even though there were 4-5 people on tag, and in the room. I noted you two in particular because you were there as well. I never expected you two to serve me.

Last edited by Sam; 07-22-2006 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: stop flaming and insulting
Old 07-22-2006, 02:46 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Umm... spam them with a wall of text until they give you food. But yeah, giving back food with the restoration prayer would be awesome. It may not be a problem now... but in the future, dungeons could get bigger and monsters could have the DEPLETION attacktype, which drains food. I wouldn't want to have to run all the way back to the tavern to get food only to run out again in less than 10 minutes and less than a quarter through the dungeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
That proves you are not thinking before posting!
1. You know NOTHING about the things I am doing while "idle". (at this time I have to bann several people, sadly...)
2. Yann is not a waiter and wasn't on his security tag the whole day! ( and security staff dont serves food...)
3. I am not a waiter too.
4. Feel free to kill shell bomys, there is no duty to buy food in MMT.
You should not beat at persons if you dont have any clue about their function.
"That proves you are not thinking before posting!"
You may not think it, but that can be taken as a provokative sentence.

1. Sam isn't really there. You're better off assuming he is spacing out.
2. KAY.
3. See 1
4. "Food" is heavy.

Last edited by MasterNuke; 07-22-2006 at 03:16 AM..
Old 07-22-2006, 03:43 AM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
I have a neat alternative that I think would work well also. Let us be able to inscribe create food. Then we could carry food scrolls.

-[email protected]
Old 07-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
There is a very simple solution to all of this! you go into the misty mug tavern you ask for 6 jerky (thier food order limit) then you receive the jerky you say now can i have 6 jerky, you repeat this process till you have 100 jerky (This actually works if you get a pirate serving you)
Old 07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigus
There is a very simple solution to all of this! you go into the misty mug tavern you ask for 6 jerky (thier food order limit) then you receive the jerky you say now can i have 6 jerky, you repeat this process till you have 100 jerky (This actually works if you get a pirate serving you)
Indeed! These pirates are smart people. They are knowing how to interpret a rule in their own sense!

Last edited by Sam; 07-23-2006 at 07:41 AM..
Old 07-22-2006, 11:59 PM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
And this is where high Wisdom is handy. I make Tuna Sandwiches that weigh .005 kg and give 200 food. I never need to eat there.

BTW..1 more level and i can make beer (food+250)
Old 07-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Devotchkas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Devotchkas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Instead of restauration, we have now a restaurant.
And maybe it will not be the only one...
It's much more fun to go in the Misty Mug Tavern and order a delicious steak and a grape juice instead of casting a spell to get full.

its really not
the service sucks
Old 07-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Proto Steele~EventsMaster
protozero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to protozero
To help with the service. How about a NPC Waiter somehwere in the back so if you do need food, you can order it from the NPC? May not have a semi-human touch to it, but you'll be able to get food.