Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
distorted face...

This morning, I started to inscribe destruction on scrolls - cheaper scrolls, like 'of identify,' 'of detect monster' etc. It worked, and I could inscribe the spell, but about 3/4 of the tries I failed. It either said that I was confused, but it didn't take more than a few minutes ro "regain my senses." Sometimes, it said "your face gets distorted," and the effect of that hasn't set back yet, and is the reason for this post: a decrease of my charme by 1. I used to have charme 9, now I have 1, and that for a few hours at least... Is that a bug, or will it go back to normal after a longer period of time than any other spell I ever used?

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 07-18-2003, 07:10 PM
UNPTWOPWINNER is on a distinguished road
Sure you aren't wearing negative cha gear?
Mines 1 because I got Cha-5 armor and Cha-10 gloves
Old 07-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Elite Sheep
The olny cha-changing items I have are two cha+2-rings. I havn't changed my gear during the last weeks, and certainly not today. Also, my cha went down one by one, each time I failed and got that message. I kept going as I assumed the effect was temporary.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2003, 01:29 AM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Re: distorted face...

Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000
This morning, I started to inscribe destruction on scrolls - cheaper scrolls, like 'of identify,' 'of detect monster' etc. It worked, and I could inscribe the spell, but about 3/4 of the tries I failed. It either said that I was confused, but it didn't take more than a few minutes ro "regain my senses." Sometimes, it said "your face gets distorted," and the effect of that hasn't set back yet, and is the reason for this post: a decrease of my charme by 1. I used to have charme 9, now I have 1, and that for a few hours at least... Is that a bug, or will it go back to normal after a longer period of time than any other spell I ever used?
I didn't know you could write spells on scrolls. Tell me more of this, I'm interested

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 07-19-2003, 03:36 AM
Banned
Tim26 is on a distinguished road
Same here

This way people can write more alchemy recipes (Duplicate) them
Old 07-19-2003, 09:55 AM
Okay, I've been researching this. You can write almost any spell over any scroll as a one time use, but you don't need to be able to cast the spell and it costs whatever the cost is, so if you want to make scrolls or restoration you NEED 80 grace, if you want to make something like armour, you need whatever it costs. If you fail, you could get a strange message, get confused for awhile, or have your face 'distorted'. This makes your charme go down by 1, but only semi-perminately. (only fixable by your god/potion of life) If you're confused while making a new spell scroll, and succeed, instead you'll get a random spell at a random level. For example, I tried to write a scroll of destruction. Since the spell is so much higher leveled than I am, I lost 2 charme, and managed to get confused. When I had "sucessfully" written the scroll, I had a scroll of protection from slow (level 7). Shortly after I went and prayed to my god and my stats were back to normal. If I find out anything else I'll let you all know :P

Quote:
Old 07-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Elite Sheep
Nothing I have to add to that - except that I'll have to pray a bit to get my cha back up... O-) But am I right to guess that a scroll of destruction from a shop, which says level 9, is less powerfull than a homemade one, which has (lv18)?

EDIT: I've been praying for quite a while now... maybe Bile denies beauty? I'll look for a potion now...

Edit2: Potion of Life did it - yay!

Quote:

Last edited by Satrek2000; 07-19-2003 at 01:46 PM..
Old 07-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Nothing I have to add to that - except that I'll have to pray a bit to get my cha back up... O-) But am I right to guess that a scroll of destruction from a shop, which says level 9, is less powerfull than a homemade one, which has (lv18)?

EDIT: I've been praying for quite a while now... maybe Bile denies beauty? I'll look for a potion now...

Edit2: Potion of Life did it - yay!
Yeah, any scrolls a player makes will be much more powerful than the ones you can buy. I think Brigid/Bile don't restore stats, so if you want to make scrolls and follow those gods, you're gonna have to use Potions of Life.

Oh, and if you want a scroll made, I'll make you almost any spell for free as long as you bring me a scroll. The only spells I'll charge for are restoration/destruction, because I know I'm going to have to do some praying afterwards, and Restoration just costs way to much grace to be done whenever. Also once I manage to get a wis+1 ring I'll be able to make scrolls of remove curse, but at a grace cost of 90 I'll probably charge for those as well :P

Edit: I noticed that every time you fail (get the message "it stains your mind") you lose a bit of experience in each category, I think I lost about 200 exp from my level 15 magic, but it really starts to add up quickly.

Quote:

Last edited by graaliholic; 07-19-2003 at 11:07 PM..
Old 07-20-2003, 01:52 AM
Heiwaronsha is on a distinguished road
Strange. Very .. strange.

Anyway, Brigid does restore stats, this I know for a fact. I think.

Hahahah, I'm 85% sure she does, but I'd rather not go through the trouble of finding out again. It's been so long ..
Old 07-20-2003, 07:05 AM
wonderboysp2p is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wonderboysp2p
how exactly d oyou make these scrolls?

we are the llama FORUms!!!EWQ Ce13d5423f23!! 2e1 @$6tgv3uy65!
Old 07-20-2003, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by wonderboysp2p
how exactly d oyou make these scrolls?
buy a scroll (ie scroll of identify), say "/mark scroll", then "/prepare (spellname)" (you MUST know this spell and it can't be an offencive spell, so if you've seen it as a scroll beofre and you have the spell, it will work. You don't need to be able to cast the spell but you need to have however much mana/grace that it calls for.) then say "/use_skill inscription" if your mental is a good level, you will successfully rewrite the scroll and get some mental exp, if you fail you will lose some exp from every category, possibly get confused and/or lose 1 point of charme.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Elite Sheep
Hm... is the success determined by mental level and intelligence, or wisdom? Or mental only?

Quote:
Old 07-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Hm... is the success determined by mental level and intelligence, or wisdom? Or mental only?
I dunno, maybe someone with debug could check it out for us :P

Quote:
Old 07-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Elven Pride
aylad is on a distinguished road
This is a great little trick, I'm glad I found this thread.

Question: Do any of the scrolls sell for different prices? So far all the scrolls I've written sell for EXACTLY the same amount in stores. The only benefit to inscribing a higher-level spell seems to be (possibly) getting more experience.

And to the person who wrote about inscribing alchemy recipes: that's a different process. There's nothing unique about an alchemy recipe scroll, you can copy it just by taking a blank scroll/book/letter and inscribing the ingredients inside. Which is another way of saying, don't buy player-written recipes unless you trust the person, because they might be fake.

Don't ask more than once, k?

GK Guides