Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
If people are going to steal, they're going to steal. Locking away the forum is going to only be an incentive for them to sign up on the forums... and all you need is to subscribe to Graal once(which you need to have a server anyways).

The days of problematic stealing are mainly gone, you rarely see anyone steal stuff anymore and when you do it's not hard to get it taken care of. If you're paranoid with your work Graal isn't the place for you since all you have to do is play to get the graphics.
I guess you're right, but it's not about my work nor about the work being used somewhere else ON GRAAL (can be taken care of really easily).
I guess I'm just too used to security and other stuffs that websites like DeviantART have.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
What does DeviantART have?
The only effective way that I can think of that you can stop people from saving an image from a website is to load a remote image in a flash object. Those right click blocker scripts that some websites use don't work very well and most of them can be bypassed by just right clicking quickly.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
The only effective way that I can think of that you can stop people from saving an image from a website is to load a remote image in a flash object. Those right click blocker scripts that some websites use don't work very well and most of them can be bypassed by just right clicking quickly.
Even if the script worked you could always take a screenshot of the image instead.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You can still get it under Window > Activity if you're using Safari, not to mention you can always take a screenshot if you really want it.

"Right-click" blockers are ridiculously stupid.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Ideas on Fire
Watermarks are a small solution to it.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You can still get it under Window > Activity if you're using Safari, not to mention you can always take a screenshot if you really want it.

"Right-click" blockers are ridiculously stupid.
Not to mention disabling JavaScript will also stop the script from working.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Watermarks are a small solution to it.
Then watermark the images you upload to these forums .
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Hell I've seen watermarks defeated by clicking view print and the preview completely removed the watermark and displayed the image at full resolution.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:31 AM
GFX
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
Sure it can be annoying that someone takes your stuff, But we do need to present graal as if devlopment is happening here..
I can see how blocking off the devlopment forums could cause one of two thoughts to occer, "I'm intersted to see wat this is so I will create an account to see." or the more likely, "It's blocked, I'm too lazy to register and see what this is."

If its open they might think, "Well, All this lack of good devlopment and chat of graal "Dieing" makes graal appear as if its a wasteland, nobody wants to be a part of."
Or Hopefully, "Graal devlopment looks amazing, I want to be a part of it."

In short, we need the world to see Graal as devloping, the more we present the better for the community. Besides, registered users take images just the same.. perhaps we should have a no stealing disclaimer? (doubt that will do much however.)

In short the more we show the better for the community if it gets stolen, meh why care?..
Old 01-02-2011, 04:32 AM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Hell I've seen watermarks defeated by clicking view print and the preview completely removed the watermark and displayed the image at full resolution.
Shouldn't really use website's watermarks then, add your own completely to the image lol.

Oh well, I got my answer now.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Disabling right click would be dumb, and a nuisance. Also, doubt it's even possible of the forums. Honestly, this is the internet. Stuff gets around, if this worries you then I'm sorry but just don't put it ANYWHERE on the internet.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:08 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
I think you're being a bit anal about it.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:09 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I think you're being a bit anal about it.
Ditto.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
I am more guest then logged in, because I don't know my password, I saved it in a .txt file so I can search it up
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Might be nice to have a feature to only expose certain text in a post to members only (I know there are plug-ins for this for vbulletin). This way you could password protect your attachments in a zip/rar file and only expose the password to members of the forums.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”