Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Hello and Goodbyes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHero
every single time someone brought back bravo it ended up being crap.. cuz so many changes and then the name changes.. its bad i loved the original... god modern days
It almost worked out that one time... But then the staff line up started sucking, so Thak and I left. It went downhill from there.

Yes, ego, I know. But it's true.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:31 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I remember in the summer of 2002 they revived old bravo but it failed because the stupid PWA said that they had to update it. Biggest mistake ever.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
I remember in the summer of 2002 they revived old bravo but it failed because the stupid PWA said that they had to update it. Biggest mistake ever.
Was that the same revive when I remade Scrawby and stuff?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:45 AM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
i guess i quit graal around andor was doing its thing =P.... i didnt know it changed back to bravo online.
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Master of Chaos
Brandon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon
Hi there.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:39 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I was re-making Bravo. I could still do it if I had a server and I could be bothered.
anyway, hi, to both of you.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:29 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
I remember I went on Bravo once in it's early p2p days and I was like "Hey this is just a bunch of copied 2K1 scripts".
Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
I remember I went on Bravo once in it's early p2p days and I was like "Hey this is just a bunch of copied 2K1 scripts".
You missed the golden year(s).
Old 11-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Master of Chaos
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon
In retrospect, I will have to agree with everyone that says that the numerous changes made to Bravo, both internally and externally, are what ultimately led to its demise. To quote a phrase, "don't fix what isn't broken." The playerworld was great as it was to begin with, additions certainly would've been welcome and helpful but changing the entire concept along with going P2P basically removed "Bravo" from Bravo Online.

The community was wonderful. I'd wager that before we decided to change things, we could've very easily competed with Unholy Nation, with regard to playercount and number of recurrent players.

Last edited by Brandon; 11-28-2005 at 03:39 PM..
Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
In retrospect, I will have to agree with everyone that says that the numerous changes made to Bravo, both internally and externally, are what ultimately led to its demise. To quote a phrase, "don't fix what isn't broken." The playerworld was great as it was to begin with, additions certainly would've been welcome and helpful but changing the entire concept along with going P2P basically removed "Bravo" from Bravo Online.

The community was wonderful. I'd wager that before we decided to change things, we could've very easily competed with Unholy Nation, with regard to playercount and number of recurrent players.
Brandon you and I both know that the major downfall was when MD wanted to make it "modern bravo" but I won't get into that.
The Bravo with the Scrawby Shadowless made was probably the best "re-vamp" ever but no one wanted to continue it... shucks I still play on those levels time to time..

On-topic..

OMG DARKHERO!! Heh... how have you been you like just stopped talking to me on AIM one day and then you changed your screen name.. what's up with that? o_o
Old 11-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Then Brandon and Sky should become the joint Management once again and create Andor/Bravo.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:28 AM
Volcan
trans9o0111 is on a distinguished road
From what I remember when Brandon was manager, he was never online, thus work never got done. ;(

*side note, did anyone ever play Damascus?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:22 AM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
Brandon had a life.. and others ran it while he was gone.. he kept it in order.. bravo should come back 1 day.. hey brandon <333 hey SKY!!! <3! yeah i know i changed s/n's cuz my old one is Whack... haha
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:57 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Then Brandon and Sky should become the joint Management once again and create Andor/Bravo.
Wouldn't really mind bringing the old team back together, eh?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Master of Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans9o0111
From what I remember when Brandon was manager, he was never online, thus work never got done. ;(

*side note, did anyone ever play Damascus?
There were a few periods of extended absence on my part, but I was manager of Bravo for over 4 years, so that is to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
Wouldn't really mind bringing the old team back together, eh?
I wouldn't, either. I think we should do so. I also think we should get Shadowless Warrior and Thak back on board and really show people a thing or two. Let's talk about this, everyone.

*** EDIT: Whoops, don't want to appear as though I'm "counting my chickens before they hatch", this is assuming that Shadowless Warrior and Thak would like to come back, of course.