Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2003, 05:22 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
Important

*Note to mods...this may not be in the appropriate forum...use your best judgement

It has come to my attention that managers of certain playerworlds (e.g. Frolic, Cynical, possibly others) are selling their management rights to other players. I was wondering what the legality of this issue is and whether or not these parties would be punished for doing this. I'm not positive whether or not it has actually taken place yet on these servers, but the rumors are certainly flying about.

Can we get some information about this? It doesn't seem like this would be a legal action and basically Graal is losing money if something like this is occuring.

-Pickles
Old 06-23-2003, 05:34 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally posted by superb
*Note to mods...this may not be in the appropriate forum...use your best judgement

It has come to my attention that managers of certain playerworlds (e.g. Frolic, Cynical, possibly others) are selling their management rights to other players. I was wondering what the legality of this issue is and whether or not these parties would be punished for doing this. I'm not positive whether or not it has actually taken place yet on these servers, but the rumors are certainly flying about.

Can we get some information about this? It doesn't seem like this would be a legal action and basically Graal is losing money if something like this is occuring.
Not too sure, stefan hasnt pointed this issue out...he will be selling playerworld "domains?" so I dont know legal this is.

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 06-23-2003, 05:36 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Yes, I was going to bring this up too. I even had a couple of people ask to buy SL for crazy amounts of $500 and $200..
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 06-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
Lol, yes, That is wierd, I dont think stefan will allow it though...I wouldnt, it isnt generating him any cash.

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 06-23-2003, 05:42 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
How would Unixmad be losing money? If you don't pay every month the pw is shut down. God children, think before you speak.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:04 AM
Banned
ASouthernMan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ASouthernMan Send a message via AIM to ASouthernMan Send a message via Yahoo to ASouthernMan
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitkizi
Yes, I was going to bring this up too. I even had a couple of people ask to buy SL for crazy amounts of $500 and $200..
Dude, you gotta be crazy to not even accept $50 bucks to turn over a world. Just take down all the levels and give them rights
Old 06-23-2003, 06:39 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
Quote:
Dude, you gotta be crazy to not even accept $50 bucks to turn over a world. Just take down all the levels and give them rights
Yes...that's one potential scenario...

And zell..playerworld hosting is sold in 6 month or 12 month chunks...it's not monthly

-Pickles
Old 06-23-2003, 06:54 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Whats the differance, if Unixmad gets his money who cares?
Old 06-23-2003, 07:17 AM
Scalper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Scalper
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitkizi
You mean they weren't trying to buy me?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
Quote:
Whats the differance, if Unixmad gets his money who cares?
The point is that the servers have NOT been purchased yet, therefore the managers do not own them. This means they have no right to sell their management rights.

-Pickles
Old 06-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Knuckles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Knuckles
It's like buying somebodys work, and using it?

... But they will pay the fee for the server. So why would unixmad be loosing money? Whatever...
Old 06-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
Quote:
It's like buying somebodys work, and using it?
You may be the ones working on it, but it is not your property. It's Graal Online's property. Therefore, you shouldn't be allowed to sell something you do not own. Also, anyone doing this should have contacted unixmad before doing it to see if it is okay to do so. If it's okay with him then it's fine, but not until he says so.

Quote:
... But they will pay the fee for the server. So why would unixmad be loosing money? Whatever...
For example, rich kid A pays you 20 dollars for your management rights after your server has been up for a month. Rich kid A gets 5 months hosting for 20 bucks. Unixmad looses money because rich kid A pays you instead of him for hosting.

-Pickles
Old 06-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by superb

You may be the ones working on it, but it is not your property. It's Graal Online's property. Therefore, you shouldn't be allowed to sell something you do not own. Also, anyone doing this should have contacted unixmad before doing it to see if it is okay to do so. If it's okay with him then it's fine, but not until he says so.

For example, rich kid A pays you 20 dollars for your management rights after your server has been up for a month. Rich kid A gets 5 months hosting for 20 bucks. Unixmad looses money because rich kid A pays you instead of him for hosting.
I see your point.. but all playerworlds have to pay...
And if the kid wants to pay for the managment position, PLUS the server space (From unixmad), then why not let him? Unixmad isn't loosing any money, is he?

Last edited by Knuckles; 06-23-2003 at 11:40 AM..
Old 06-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
Quote:
And if the kid wants to pay for the managment position, PLUS the server space (From unixmad), then why not let him? Unixmad isn't loosing any money, is he?
Why would they do that? They could just buy their own server and cut out the middle man. Of course, this depends on whether or not they get the levels n'stuff along with the rights. But in that case you are selling them rights, graphics, npcs and levels, which means what you are selling them is not yours. You are selling them Graal Online's property.

-Pickles
Old 06-23-2003, 12:41 PM
I understand.