Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
I don't mind paying £3 every month to enjoy playing as I figure it's costing me just 10p per day although it depends on how many Gralats I have, I have some left over each time I upgrade so at most in one month I'll be paying £6

I smoke, a pack of 10 cigarettes is costing more than that now and they won't last me 2 days lol
You don't actually pay £3 a month though.
You pay £24 all at once.

The idea of micropayments isn't to make people who are already happy to pay money just pay less money more often.
It's to get people who wouldn't normally spend the money to say "Oh well it isn't very much, it's just a couple of bucks" and pay without thinking.

If a hobo asks you for £1 each day and you give it to him it's no big deal.
But then one day if he says to you "hey man why don't you just give me £365 now and I won't ask you again for a year" you're going to tell him to **** off.

Point is they're not the same thing and that will be what ends up ****ing this free-to-play thing up, imo.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It's not cheap to have 100+ gaming servers online - I don't agree that it should be free.
We pay for almost all of them to be there...
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You don'... ...e-to-play thing up, imo.
That's the benefit to me of the micro payments as it's opitional to re-subscribe. I'm not going to pay an annual fee as in three months I may not be interested so I opt to pay on a roll-on contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
We pay for almost all of them to be there...
Take advantage and log on to the under construction servers.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
lolol you all should get a job if you can't afford it
Old 03-28-2011, 10:34 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
lolol you all should get a job if you can't afford it
Andrew yet again stuns us with his philosophical insight.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Andrew yet again stuns us with his philosophical insight.
damm rite
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Take advantage and log on to the under construction servers.
Huh? I don't get your point whatsoever, but most of the UC servers have been paid for too.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 PM
This:

HTML Code:
I am going to suggest we start giving UC player worlds the
opportunity to have their servers on the player list for a fee each month providing 
they follow the rules and don’t abuse their power when it's on the list. 
This would increase motivation for more players to invest in Graal PC 
and start developing their own servers.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:58 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
This:

HTML Code:
I am going to suggest we start giving UC player worlds the
opportunity to have their servers on the player list for a fee each month providing 
they follow the rules and don’t abuse their power when it's on the list. 
This would increase motivation for more players to invest in Graal PC 
and start developing their own servers.
Isn't that what the Hosted tab pretty much is... and you don't even have to pay extra for it either.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Isn't that what the Hosted tab pretty much is... and you don't even have to pay extra for it either.
I think he means not hosted tbh- it would bring more players interested to buy it i suppose but i don't like it
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Master Tux
Quote:
Not exactly, no; in order to get on the hosted tab you'd have to fit specific criteria. My suggestion is to have it so UC servers can pay to be put on the server list so they can then fully focus on developing the server as it is already online eventhough it's not completed.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Master Tux
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Huh? I don't get your point whatsoever, but most of the UC servers have been paid for too.
Yeah, we buy to have access to these servers - I'm suggesting you check them out sometime; eventhough they haven't got much material it's still interesting to watch servers being developed. Check out Europa - it's got a lot of potential !!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not exactly, no; in order to get on the hosted tab you'd have to fit specific criteria. My suggestion is to have it so UC servers can pay to be put on the server list so they can then fully focus on developing the server as it is already online eventhough it's not completed.
You only have to have an hour or so of game-play to get on Hosted to begin with.

They should have to work to get on that list, not just pay their way on to it.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Master Tux
Quote:
You only have to have an hour or so of game-play to get on Hosted to begin with.

They should have to work to get on that list, not just pay their way on to it.
If UC servers aren't getting enough interest from players then it gives them hope if they can purchase to be online as they would get players involved upon it's release because if they didn't they would just leave it after paying the fee to get a server.

It'll boost the development on graal and introduce new servers as players would be able to learn skills.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 PM
team canada
Quote:
If UC servers aren't getting enough interest from players then it gives them hope if they can purchase to be online as they would get players involved upon it's release because if they didn't they would just leave it after paying the fee to get a server.

It'll boost the development on graal and introduce new servers as players would be able to learn skills.
The reason UC servers barely get any interest is because they barely produce anything of interest.

Allowing 'developers' to skip the 'working on the server' part to get on the list is just a giant cash grab in my eyes.