Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
GK..RP or Non RP server

Well I was doing some research on Graal Bible on Wikipedia and came across something that stunned me.

"Graal Kingdoms is an adventurous massively multi player online roleplaying experience. Explore 3-D terrain in a 2-D environment, while battling monsters, forging friendships, and collecting treasures.
Interact with in-game characters and creatures, role play and chat with other players from around the world. Graal Kingdoms allows players to become a part of the story. Players can build houses, protect kingdoms, battle in tournaments, compete in events, and much more!

Graal Kingdoms goes beyond the norm, with a growing community and new and exciting features being added all the time. Players can do odd jobs, tame and own pets, battle monsters, form groups with other players, and make their own items and weapons. An important part of Graal Kingdoms, is the great amount of communication that is possible in the game. Through live chatting onscreen, to sending private messages, and even mailing other players letters to their online homes! Battling is action-packed, with a wide variety of weapons and an even wider variety of magic spells. The large assortment of items can be organized from the easy to use drag and drop inventory system. Players can choose from a selection of classes such as Warrior, Sorcerer, Thieves, Barbarians, and even Priests!"

Yeah notice that. What you still don't believe thats what it is.

" Graal Kingdoms has a massive role playing engine to allow an exciting experiences. Hundreds of items, loads of weapons, and a large array of magical spells and prayers allow for an unique role playing environment. Different items allow for different statistical effects to your base stats, enabling every player to strengthen their character with bigger and better items and weapons. A large assortment of items can be mixed together to create other items by using alchemy. Pick clothes from a big assortment or submit your ones to customize your outfit. Take part in role playing events and have lots of fun. Join one of five Kingdoms and undergo a great role playing experience in a nation together with friends. Making for fun experimentation and surprising results!"

So exactly what part of this don't the pkers understand. Really odd that its in the wikipedia that its a rp server.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:45 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Graal Kingdoms is a role playing pk server it's the best of both worlds, and the wiki might be wrong a server is what the players make it to be not what the server was made for.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
A game like GK is for the main part, what its players use it for. Developers can only try to give you a tool kit, you have to use your skills to use it!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
No offense Raven. But I don't see you RPing much. Apart from in your RP events.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Oh great another thread

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=74570
Old 07-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
No offense Raven. But I don't see you RPing much. Apart from in your RP events.
Don't start sniping me Fayt. As I hear it your not on much anyways. Besides your not around me all the time everyday. I do rp.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Don't start sniping me Fayt. As I hear it your not on much anyways. Besides your not around me all the time everyday. I do rp.
I havn't been on much for the last week. But I'm talking about over the last year. Like on Zormite tag, you always shouting at people and saying nasty things without using OOC.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Dark Ravenblade
*lets the topic go on*
Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Zomg.
4jordan4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 4jordan4 Send a message via MSN to 4jordan4
Quote:
" Graal Kingdoms has a massive role playing engine to allow an exciting experiences. Hundreds of items, loads of weapons, and a large array of magical spells and prayers allow for an unique role playing environment. Different items allow for different statistical effects to your base stats, enabling every player to strengthen their character with bigger and better items and weapons. A large assortment of items can be mixed together to create other items by using alchemy. Pick clothes from a big assortment or submit your ones to customize your outfit. Take part in role playing events and have lots of fun. Join one of five Kingdoms and undergo a great role playing experience in a nation together with friends. Making for fun experimentation and surprising results!"
I just don't think that quote's been updated in about 3 years off the site lolol

Mayor Tiranis Lionheart of Rum Town (Crescent Pirates)
Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Again, when asking "RP server or not?", please be specific.

If you're asking if GK is supposed to be an RP server, then the answer is yes.

If you're asking if GK is current played out as an RP server, then the answer is no- or at least not very well at all.

The standards for RPing sure have dropped making me believe it's no longer important. The first time I joined a kingdom (Pirate Crew) I had to take a test with questions regarding roleplaying. I knew some of the answers, but not others. To the ones I didn't know, I was educated. And this was a FRIEND recruiting me. It was made clear that I had to follow RPing guidelines while on tag. Those guidelines made it clear that if I didn't want to RP or use "brackets", I had to remove my tag. Oh well, I still had my global guild tag anyways if I didn't want to RP. To my knowledge no one would complain saying "We cant RP 24/7". Anytime I complain about today's standards of RPing, the only response I see is "well...we do this... but THAT is too extreme" or "yeah... it sucks... but noone wants to do it." In other words, nothing is being done about it. Nothing will be done about it. RPing is dead.
Solution?

Stefan has logged on.
/upload serverfixes072207
/resetserver
/reset 7402
toall: kthxbai
Stefan has logged off
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Zomg.
If there was a server reset there would be to many people quitting due to their loss of items and no reason to continue, not to mention all the evented items that have been handed out over the years will be GONE and need to be evented off all over again, but what's the use, by then there will be no playercount.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jordan4 View Post
If there was a server reset there would be to many people quitting due to their loss of items and no reason to continue, not to mention all the evented items that have been handed out over the years will be GONE and need to be evented off all over again, but what's the use, by then there will be no playercount.
Good. So the non-RPers will leave.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:51 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
So exactly what part of this don't the pkers understand. Really odd that its in the wikipedia that its a rp server.
All you're saying is that the staff say it is/want it to be an RP server. Something we've known for years. Whether or not it's actually an RP server is determined by whether or not the players RP.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Zomg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Good. So the non-RPers will leave.
Touche.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
You can't just make it an RP server. Sure that's what it was made for, but you can't force people to RP. If someone doesn't want to RP, guess what? They're not going to RP, whether they're supposed to or not.