Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
OK, if I try to edit an NPC that is to one of the far sides of the level, I have to walk in the opposite direction so I can JUST see the NPC and only then will it let me edit. If you need more information I can make a video to show you?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah you're going have to make a video because I don't know what you're experiencing.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Delterian Hybrid

That's what I am getting at.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Delterian Hybrid
I am having some issues with the editor. I can edit the NPC's in levels like usual, but for some reason, they don't save. This has just started happening, and I haven't had any issues with it before. I haven't changed anything either. Any idea what it is?
Attached Files
File Type: txt olne_issue.txt (37.6 KB, 309 views)
Old 10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
very helpfull tool... wish i could rep you ..
Old 10-09-2011, 08:57 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
I am having some issues with the editor. I can edit the NPC's in levels like usual, but for some reason, they don't save. This has just started happening, and I haven't had any issues with it before. I haven't changed anything either. Any idea what it is?
Does the (npcserver) have write rights to the levels you're trying to edit?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Does the (npcserver) have write rights to the levels you're trying to edit?
Suddenly started working again...
I had to restart the server.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
I've been using this weapon quite frequently on Stroseria and I've encountered a few bugs.

First off, usually when I try to copy something in game, then close the editor without editing the copied NPC, the NPC moves to (0,0) on the level and is then impossible to select. I'm forced to open the level with a text editor to remove the NPC.

Second off, it's still possible to edit a level someone else is editing. Somebody was editing the level's NPCs, and I pressed F9. It gave me the error message that he was editing the level, but then I was still able to hold right click and create a new NPC. When I pressed F9 again, all of the npcs in the level were wiped.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 AM
team canada
1. I wasn't able to reproduce this bug.
2. Fixed.

Could a mod please delete the attachment in this post:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...7&postcount=25

And replace the one in the OP with my latest version in this post.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 09-07-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
1. I wasn't able to reproduce this bug.
2. Fixed.

Could a mod please delete the attachment in this post:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...7&postcount=25

And replace the one in the OP with my latest version in this post.
Thank you so much!
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 AM
the KattMan
New bug :P

I have a NPC with this script:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated()
{

showcharacter();

this.head "head434.png";

this.colors[0] = "white";

this.colors[1] = "blue";

this.colors[2] = "blue";

this.colors[3] = "black";

this.colors[4] = "lightblue":

this.shield "no-shield.png";

this.attr[1] = "hat92.png";

this.dir 3;

You'll notice I made a typo in this.colors[4] and used a : instead of a ; on accident.

Now, when I press "Apply", I see the button get pushed, but the GUI remains and is not destroyed. If I minimize it and try to press F9 to exit OLE, I'm told "MattKan is currently editing this level's NPCs".

I relog.

The NPC Editor is now unable to select the NPC, and I'm forced to edit the level as a .txt to remove it. (When I attempt to select it I get the same error message, that I'm editing the level.)
Quote:
Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 AM
team canada
Try this version.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 09-07-2013 at 08:58 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
the KattMan
Er, when I try to use set a NPC with a new image not used anywhere else in the level, the NPC just resets itself and removes the entire script. o_o

This wasn't happening before now... any tips?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:47 PM
the KattMan
Reinstalled and now the entire editor isn't working.

Is anybody else experiencing problems? Perhaps Stefan changed something that's breaking it.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Delterian Hybrid
I've been attempting to use it on Era iPhone Dev, and when I press F9 literally nothing happens. I don't know if it's related to the server or the script though. I've checked through it and everything seems OK.