Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Want the forum to be available for everyone?
Yes 26 50.98%
No 25 49.02%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2007, 02:29 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
Wow... wtf? How dare you guys talk about trials like that?
trials suk olol

didn't take much of a dare to say that.

Quote:
A lot of those 'idiots' are the subscribing regulars of Graal now. And a lot of the current 'idiots' will be eventually.
So?

Quote:
This is the worst attitude ever. It's like saying that kids who take to long to learn how to read in school should be sent away, because they're idiots.
It's called special ed. It happens, as unfortunate as it is.

Quote:
I mean, holy crap, what use is a child who can't even read? You're right, trials are worthless and can never become full members, so we should just send them off to wallow in their idiocy alone.
Your analogy sucks. Also, no one is saying that we should send them off and such. We just stereotype them as idiots because thats how a lot of them present themselves.

Quote:
Wow.
Wow, wow, wow.
im impresiv i kno...

Quote:
This is the attitude that's killing Graal. Let's send away fresh blood!
Refer to 2 points up.

Quote:
Who needs new players, when we've already met our amazing quota of 200 people on per day. WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN TRIALS WHO ARE IDIOTS--THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY.
No, I don't think this is the general attitude.

Quote:
Good game, no rematch.
Only in your own little world.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Shadow Ice
BlueFireX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BlueFireX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I wouldn't say that, I've seen some trials that talked so seriously and knew what they were doing (even helped me) that I had to look 3 times in their profile before I believed they weren't p2p.
Yes I said most though. Some trials are loyal to graal but parents may not let them buy p2p or can not supply a way to send the money. They also may have been classic or gold but not lifetime classic. Though I have met one trial who was so loyal to UN she would like make 40 ep a day for a different prize...it was sad to see her say she quit graal because her parents will never let her get p2p she use to give me free ep *sniff* I miss those ep
Old 05-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
trials suk olol

It's called special ed. It happens, as unfortunate as it is.

We just stereotype them as idiots because thats how a lot of them present themselves.
Thanks for proving my point. You may as well be sending them off when you treat them like that.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Shadow Ice
Eh, the thing that makes people play graal is to prove to other people they are better on a virtual game than they are. *Ahem* So we are actually bringing more players to graal. I will accept your silence as a thank you letter. Oh and back on topic, no this forum should not be public. Think about all the people on the internet that probably dislike graal. Open forum equal open opinions.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point.
I proved nothing. Your school analogy was aweful to begin with so I'm not really calling trials retarded. The "trials suk" comment was there to show you that it doesn't take much of a dare to insult a group of people.

And finally I actually play Graal servers and don't sit on classic all day. I've gained enough experience to safely say that I've seen a good amount of idiotic trials to stereotype them as being brainless. I'm not saying they all are dumb, and im not saying that they're dumber than everyone on Graal.

Quote:
You may as well be sending them off when you treat them like that.
Yeah, except I don't treate them like that.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Shadow Ice
Go to Unholy Nation :] you will see a trial asking how to get more "yin yangs"
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Graal needs more players!

People are complaining that, oh, graal needs to advertise, it needs more players to join, it needs more people to play.

Well maybe if you stopped TREATING THE TRIALS LIKE TOTAL **** they would want to upgrade!

Once upon a time, I was a trial! And so was everyone else here. We all put up with people who thought we were idiots and sucked, and made it where we are now.

People need to stop treating the trials like they are nothing. Personally, I think trials should have their own world that ONLY they can go on, which shows them a variety of things. They could be able to save for, say, 15 days, which gives them enough time to figure everything out. After 15 days, they lose everything, and can no longer save.

This way we won't have certain people *cough justabouteveryoneinthisthread cough* who will discourage them from playing! Trials get on UN, where people are running around and people laugh at them for being trials, they get on Classic, where everyone idles and doesn't respond to trials, they get on Era, oh, my! Scamming is now legal!

It's no wonder we get so many new players!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Shadow Ice
What's stopping them from making more accounts for the 15 day of free p2p? Oh and like some staff on some server said. "We help make the game you are just the cute face that when your number is added on the log in screen people want to log in to our server, so either shut up and play or log out I have no time for your whining" I am pretty sure that was Yen or some staff from Era..sounds like Yen to me.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:53 AM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yeah, except I don't treat them like that.
Okay.. so you claim that the bulk of them are idiots, and you don't even try to hide the fact that it's a stereotype, yet you don't treat them like they're all idiots? Then what do you treat them like, and why does that treatment apply only to them in person? Honestly, I don't even necessarily think that they should have posting rights on the forums, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be rude like that. I think it's totally uncalled for to talk badly about anyone, especially making generalizations like that. And not that I want to question your psychology, but have you ever thought that maybe you've just encountered more idiot trials, and that the non idiot ones are too busy figuring things out for themselves to bother you? Maybe you think they're mostly idiots because you don't notice the 'smart' ones as much, not because there are less.

And okay, so you yourself don't treat them like they're idiots? Great, so you're reserved enough to treat them as individuals--when they are there to speak up for themselves if you do not--but what about the others who are reading this thread? I mean, come on, you're Crono. You're a hero to many! You teach noobs cliffing like it's going out of style! And you're a bad role model to people who haven't had the chance to get their own impression of 'trials.' If I came here with no prior experience with trials, I'd be fairly easily impressed upon, reading posts calling them idiots and too stupid and distracting to post on the forums. And maybe you're spreading that attitude, the one that's helping to lower player count just a tad more.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:59 AM
Shadow Ice
Door are you a hippy? Do you think everyone deserve everything? Do you believe to give someone something without them earning it? Unless a trial say something so intelligent about graal that it actually help let say advance players without about 300+ hours on a serve then they are consider an idiot. Oh wait you can also prove to me that you are not an idiot by sending 39 dollars and 99 cent to graalonline for life time classic. Oh and Door how many trials come on classic? That did not have classic before.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:01 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
trials suk olol

didn't take much of a dare to say that.
I don't think the "how dare you" was supposed to take in a literal sense, more so, "how can you" with little reasoning other then a stereotype opinion, because that's exactly what it is.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door
A lot of those 'idiots' are the subscribing regulars of Graal now. And a lot of the current 'idiots' will be eventually.
So?
If trials are the future profit for Graal, surely they shouldn't be brushed aside, especially when the old is wearing thin.

Quote:
Your analogy sucks. Also, no one is saying that we should send them off and such. We just stereotype them as idiots because thats how a lot of them present themselves.
Lol, analogies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFireX View Post
A scientist who spent 8 years of his life making a cure for a deadly disease could be a trial. But honestly a trial is less informed about graal than most p2p.
How many trials do you actually speak to Crono? On average, per week or so?

Quote:
Refer to 2 points up.
Not quite sure that you are referring to, but I don't think it's another analogy theory, so I'll go with "It happens, as unfortunate as it is."

With this kind of attitude, I don't understand how anyone can say that "Graal sucks" it's just baffling, especially when most of the complaints are that there's not many players, not much content and you can't deny you haven't said that, weather it be to me or posted somewhere.

Quote:
No, I don't think this is the general attitude.
Actually it is, it's just an exaggerated version. How many people these days, especially the older members actually play with the newer, fresher members? I know of.. one.

Quote:
I proved nothing. Your school analogy was aweful to begin with so I'm not really calling trials retarded. The "trials suk" comment was there to show you that it doesn't take much of a dare to insult a group of people.
Oh, you complete rebel.

Quote:
And finally I actually play Graal servers and don't sit on classic all day. I've gained enough experience to safely say that I've seen a good amount of idiotic trials to stereotype them as being brainless. I'm not saying they all are dumb, and im not saying that they're dumber than everyone on Graal.
I play Classic and I've been around too. Most of the new members do have a excitable attitude, I wouldn't call them idiots, but weren't we like that too? I know I was.

Yeah, except I don't treate them like that.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Before we start I'd like to say that big paragraphs aren't going to help your argument.

Quote:
Okay.. so you claim that the bulk of them are idiots, and you don't even try to hide the fact that it's a stereotype, yet you don't treat them like they're all idiots?
Correct, Correct, Semi-Correct (refer to below).

Quote:
Then what do you treat them like, and why does that treatment apply only to them in person?
I PK them more than I PK classic accounts because they are easy picks. I basically exploit their lack of skill. Other times you have an occassional n00blet who has too big of a mouth. I don't think anyone here would take crap from a lil trial, and it sure doesn't leave a good impression for the rest of the trials.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't even necessarily think that they should have posting rights on the forums, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be rude like that.
Like what?

Quote:
I think it's totally uncalled for to talk badly about anyone, especially making generalizations like that. And not that I want to question your psychology, but have you ever thought that maybe you've just encountered more idiot trials, and that the non idiot ones are too busy figuring things out for themselves to bother you?
How cute.

Refer to my statement about not all trials being dumb.

Quote:
Maybe you think they're mostly idiots because you don't notice the 'smart' ones as much, not because there are less.
Wait what? I already explained this.

Quote:
And okay, so you yourself don't treat them like they're idiots? Great, so you're reserved enough to treat them as individuals--when they are there to speak up for themselves if you do not--but what about the others who are reading this thread?
I'm a bit confused by what you're trying to say here.

Quote:
I mean, come on, you're Crono. You're a hero to many! You teach noobs cliffing like it's going out of style!
A trial has never asked me for LATing help though. And a hero to many? LOL sorry Door, flattering me isn't going to help.

Quote:
And you're a bad role model to people who haven't had the chance to get their own impression of 'trials.'
What? I'm not a role model for anyone on Graal.

Quote:
If I came here with no prior experience with trials, I'd be fairly easily impressed upon, reading posts calling them idiots and too stupid and distracting to post on the forums. And maybe you're spreading that attitude, the one that's helping to lower player count just a tad more.
If they read all my posts they'd understand that not all of them are idiots to begin with. Just a bulk of them, which tend to stand out more than the other smart trials, thus the stereotype.

Oh great, tag teaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't think the "how dare you" was supposed to take in a literal sense, more so, "how can you" with little reasoning other then a stereotype opinion, because that's exactly what it is.
Ok.

Quote:
If trials are the future profit for Graal, surely they shouldn't be brushed aside, especially when the old is wearing thin.
They should fend themselves like we did when we were n00bs.

Quote:
Lol, analogies..
Excuse my spelling?

Quote:
How many trials do you actually speak to Crono? On average, per week or so?
You do realize that a large proportion of Zone consists of Trial accounts right? I don't only play classic.

Quote:
With this kind of attitude, I don't understand how anyone can say that "Graal sucks" it's just baffling, especially when most of the complaints are that there's not many players, not much content and you can't deny you haven't said that, weather it be to me or posted somewhere.
Are you suggesting Graal is dying because we PK n00bs like we always have been for over 7 years?

Quote:
Actually it is, it's just an exaggerated version. How many people these days, especially the older members actually play with the newer, fresher members? I know of.. one.
I play with n00bs on Zone all the time. Hell a lot of the friends I have from Zone only started in 2005 or so.

Quote:
Oh, you complete rebel.
How is this at all related to what I said?

Quote:
I play Classic and I've been around too. Most of the new members do have a excitable attitude, I wouldn't call them idiots, but weren't we like that too? I know I was.
Like I said before, I don't believe every trial is an idiot, nor do I think the majority are complete retards. It's the bulk that are retarded which stand out the most. Why do you think people have been making fun of UN so much? Because it's full of n00bs, and most trials tend to be n00bs.

Quote:
Yeah, except I don't treate them like that.
Misquote?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:07 AM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
Wah wah wah.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Shadow Ice
Quote:
If I came here with no prior experience with trials, I'd be fairly easily impressed upon, reading posts calling them idiots and too stupid and distracting to post on the forums. And maybe you're spreading that attitude, the one that's helping to lower player count just a tad more.
Wait, wait are you saying you are a trial or you are a p2p bring trial and if you are a trial you probably do not even know graal have a offical forum. O
Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFireX View Post
Go to Unholy Nation :] you will see a trial asking how to get more "yin yangs"
Why am I 75% sure you've asked something along these lines before?