Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 AM
►Point Man◄
Terazel Tenjin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
I think Classic was only ever a state of mind, and neither going back to how the levels were when I was in charge nor building a new better overworld will change anything.
Words of wisdom right there, buddy. I also think it's safe to say "Classic" is gone. I guess it won't hurt to try and prove you wrong, but I feel it's a lost cause.

That's why I'm signing on to your project.

Fearless Leader of the Squirtle Squad Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Once again I flipflopped
Old 12-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
As for Minoc, sadly he has lost all credibility in my eyes. He preaches how we should convert the old, and try to preserve Classic's meaning but goes ahead and edits key historical landmarks to place his guild right in the middle of Graal City, and refuses to change it back.
There was nothing on that spot, even before the reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
Two theories on Classic - either it's Levels, or it's not.

Ironically, as one of the longest lived LATs, I don't think it's levels. If it was levels, then Graal2000 would have been a bigger success. I don't think it's a question of starting from the levels everyone liked and Building either, or Graal2000b would have been a bigger success still. I think Classic was only ever a state of mind, and neither going back to how the levels were when I was in charge nor building a new better overworld will change anything.

But feel free to prove me wrong.
I believe the levels could have made Graal2000 successful, but it had failed for different reasons.
First, Graal1998 was a hellhole due to the legal cheating and the lack of staff. The conversion to Graal2000 wasn't announced, it had gone unnoticed by most, and therefore it lacked most of the original Graal1998 playerbase.

Second, the Graal2000 staff was terrible.
The server was managed by a bunch of 13-15 year old newbies, who had never played Old Main, and had no intention of preserving it.
In fact, the server was becoming "less Classic" than your version.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
I'm just stuck wondering what's being done and how it will be added.

Are you trying to finish ALL of it before you put it up? Or maybe one section at a time? A quest here and there, maybe more on the inside of building already there?

What i was thinking of is...can some of the older levels be used? Maybe slight changes so they fit in, and script things from there? (this is probably what some players mean when they want the old content restored)
I do not believe there is enough wow factor to release a quest here and there. I was going to have it released in two big parts.

Oh, sorry if I am gambling, but no one else has done practially anything, forgive me for stepping up to the plate and actually taking affirmative action. There are barely any current players to begin with, so anything the players have to say would be that of a small opinionated group, and if i wanted that i would just take my own judgement as someone who was around... and I am doing that. I beliieve at least some of the current players will be pleased by the new materials, even ones who are complaining, because they have yet to play it. But the bigger goal is to attract new people, and attract back people who left classic.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:43 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
I do not believe there is enough wow factor to release a quest here and there. I was going to have it released in two big parts.
Again, Massokre said the exact same thing, and he failed. People got restless, and left, forcing him to reveal some of the work (which wasn't much). Are you going to cave like Massokre, or are you going to starve Classic of much needed content, and have it die?
Quote:
Oh, sorry if I am gambling, but no one else has done practially anything, forgive me for stepping up to the plate and actually taking affirmative action.
Just words, unless you prove what you're saying, you're just another soon to be failure.
Quote:
There are barely any current players to begin with, so anything the players have to say would be that of a small opinionated group, and if i wanted that i would just take my own judgement as someone who was around...
You haven't been around waiting like everyone else, you haven't even been involved with the community for the longest time. How the hell do you know what everyone else is thinking? You don't. You just made another assumption; another gamble. To be blunt, I don't think you are aware of the community at all, you just want to shift Classic into something it isn't, something that YOU want.
Quote:
I beliieve at least some of the current players will be pleased by the new materials, even ones who are complaining
Of course you'll satisfy some, I won't deny that having some actual content will please a few people, but do you honestly think that you're going to please the majority of players when you destroy Classic, and mold it into your image? No, they won't, people got upset when Master Storm tried to do this when he attempted this when Classic Dev was up, and they'll act the same way towards you.
Quote:
But the bigger goal is to attract new people, and attract back people who left classic.
You may accomplish half of this, but I doubt you'll accomplish the latter part of your plan. I think you'll drive away more of the older community.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
When I was staff I didn't get advised on what to develop. Anyway, why was I fired?