Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Observations

Why is it impossible to get a straight answer out of any upper tier staff member on Classic, when questioning development?

A few key points -

"It is impossible to convert the Old Stuff. It will take far too long and most of the players don't want it."

Well, given 2 years, next to nothing has been done. I'm sure if it had simply been a conversion of all the old material, we'd certainly have more quests, more overworld areas to explore, etc.

What I see here is the staff wanting to re-shape the server in their image. Don't tell me this is a lie, it is blatantly obvious. The levels are not past fixing to bring them to compliance, it just appears no one wants to do anything about it. Wow guys, remove setbackpals from the levels, add a clientside, and fix a few deprecated commands. The only conversion that should be difficult is weapon conversion, but I will misplace my faith for a moment and say Master Storm and the two Ravens can accomplish the conversion.

"Stefan doesn't want us to use the old stuff."

ORLY? How did Malinko manage to get him to say that the old stuff is acceptable, and all that had to be kicked to the street were default movement and hit detection?

"There was no plot to the old stuff, and adding one would be much to difficult."

Actually, it would be extremely easy. And look, there is no plot to the current Classic at the moment anyway. A very weak basis for argument.

Any other reasons Master Storm or others would like to throw as to why the old stuff cannot be used?