Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Again, I have argued the same point Frankie is arguing, the load-out idea not only boosts the pick-up and play aspect of Era but with that will boost the player count.

In all honesty, the idea is near flawless in my opinion, the only people who will get upset with it is the people who have acquired a large amount of wealth over the years but they shouldn't of been able to, Era used to get reset every 2 years but because of stupid potions we were unable to do it.

You need to think of the bigger picture, do you want an excelling server or a playercount of Valkoria?
Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
those noobs can join EP and get their own fancy gun from the EP locker. the new gang admin just needs to add that create a gun option for EP. then they will be stylin' with their fancy .05 freeze gun or whatever. everyone will be having fun.
it's a step in the right direction but I feel like that's not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Again, I have argued the same point Frankie is arguing, the load-out idea not only boosts the pick-up and play aspect of Era but with that will boost the player count.

In all honesty, the idea is near flawless in my opinion, the only people who will get upset with it is the people who have acquired a large amount of wealth over the years but they shouldn't of been able to, Era used to get reset every 2 years but because of stupid potions we were unable to do it.

You need to think of the bigger picture, do you want an excelling server or a playercount of Valkoria?
glad to see someone agrees with me and I'm not just crazy.

Quote:
As for the OP, I only read the bold statements. And it sounds like you need to type Zone into the 'Servername' bar.
Quote:
Anyways rogue is right the server would kind of just turn into zone. which died.
Quote:
didn't zone do something similar? I remember that server. it died pretty fast.
era won't die like zone did simply because of similar gun systems. you're forgetting that the actual game play mechanics behind each server are completely different.

movement is slower, bullets are faster, and you can shoot in diagonal directions. these are qualities that change the feel of the game drastically and probably make zone less enjoyable to play compared to era. a spar on zone is not the same as a spar on era. just because there would be similar weapon distribution systems doesn't mean they are the same server and will share the same fate.

era's main focus is pking. that's why the majority of people play this server (I would even argue that's not even true these days but the main focus SHOULD be pking) unfortunately, the enjoyment is reserved to people who have been playing the economy for years and can afford all of the good weapons. do you guys really not see the flaw here? era is pretty much a giant circle jerk and if you're new you can **** off. that seems to be the attitude.

edit:

just saw this on the graalians.com forums:

Quote:
All i have is a dinky lil ak47 and everyone else has big spammy multishot guns x.x not only that but.... Just.... Imagine iEra's gun prices but doubled and no way to buy gralats. Yeah. Thats how it is on PC. So how do I beat pretty much anyone not a noob on PC Era?
Quote:
Only way to get good guns is to do mining 24/7 or pick up trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon
"Don't expect every game to cater to casuals."

"If you consider the grinding you have to do to get anywhere on Era PC hardcore, you must be effing chuck norris"
there you have it. the exact reason why new players are turning down the PC version.

Last edited by Frankie; 01-02-2014 at 04:07 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 07:54 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
zone was honestly the best server hands down PK wise.
the ONLY reason it died was because it was a Gold server and there were a lot of restrictions, a lot of classic accounts quit zone because they needed Gold just to change their heads and get the good classes (commando grenadier, light infantry...etc)
other than those reasons zone would still be here today THRIVING. I wouldnt of even logged on era a single time

directing era towards the zone route would be a great idea since its a classic server. THEN skill will actually be a factor and not just the gun you use because right now since ive gotten .05 freeze guns i can keep up with a lot of you guys
Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
i rather have Zone back than having another server trying to be Zone.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 01-02-2014 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: You can give your opinion without being rude about it.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
i rather have Zone back than having another server trying to be Zone.
Just because this system was on Zone doesn't make Era "trying to be Zone".

Era is NOTHING like Zone and the way I'm imagining this system on Era it would again be NOTHING like Zone.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 01-02-2014 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: You can give your opinion without being rude about it.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Hate Frankie's idea of killing the entire economic aspect to the game. One of the best parts about Era, in my humble opinion, has always been disparities and inequalities. I think an era without this would be boring (similar to zone as someone else pointed out).

As for the pace of raiding/pking, I think it's too quick as it currently is. Gang raids should be about attack and defence. The attacking gang is already at a disadvantage, and even if they do manage to overthrow the defenders they don't have enough time to heal and regroup before the other gang is fully healed and upon them again. Once a gang is defeated in a single round of a raid, it only takes 10 seconds before they unstick and a couple more seconds before they're right back in the fight again. Gang raids become a blur of madness. What little gang strategy used to exist has been replace with 1) Unstick 2) Rush 3) die 4) repeat. I think the problem is the decline in gang raids in total, and the number of players involved in such raids. In the past, gang raids were huge and lasted hours. Figure out how to bring that back, not simply speed up the process of spawning, killing and dying.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:44 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
The only thing I'm certain of is that no matter what I do you will all complain about something.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
The only thing I'm certain of is that no matter what I do you will all complain about something.
That is the truth sir.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
well people will always complain. nothing will change that at least. not saying complaining is always a bad thing though.

anyways, I think most people agree that frankie's idea(s) aren't necessary for era. they might work or they might not, but they aren't needed; the change is too drastic.

there are plenty of noobs that have worked hard and have been able to get to the promised land. and the negative talk on players having a lot of weapons and money is nonsense, especially since those players worked hard to get those items. why are we punishing people for hard work? when I started playing era again I only had an fn2k (that I got from the quests), then worked myself up to a souizen. it feels good.

I am also in EP, but I have been invited to other gangs. there are people in EP that have moved up as well. one guy specifically, lazergraal or whatever, is in phantom troupe now. I remember when he didn't have any good weapons, but he kept doing the quests and now I see him trying to buy a bar.

also, era still gets a high player count and is still on average the most played server out of the classic playerworlds. you guys have to remember that graal has been out since 1998 (?) and era has been out since 2002 (?), so it is only natural that graal in general loses players over that long period of time.

as I type this era has 98 players on right now and zodiac, which is in 2nd place, has 61.

Last edited by Zongui; 01-02-2014 at 09:11 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
dont get us wrong guys, there will still be a currency but you can only buy from NPCs and sell only to NPCs no more trading with other players. You can still work your way to a souizen but itll take a few hundred kills thats all.
We're all "skillful" right so it shouldnt be a problem
Old 01-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
dont get us wrong guys, there will still be a currency but you can only buy from NPCs and sell only to NPCs no more trading with other players. You can still work your way to a souizen but itll take a few hundred kills thats all.
We're all "skillful" right so it shouldnt be a problem
it is not just about being skillful. just because some of us are skillful doesn't mean that we should all have np with it.

Last edited by Zongui; 01-02-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 PM
so what exactly is the problem? Money? That was going to lead to problems to begin with. Getting rid of money? that would only get rid of problems sir, no need to compensate, compensate what exactly, putting everyone on a balanced playing field? oh. sorry for actually thinking balance.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
so what exactly is the problem? Money? That was going to lead to problems to begin with. Getting rid of money? that would only get rid of problems sir, no need to compensate, compensate what exactly, putting everyone on a balanced playing field? oh. sorry for actually thinking balance.
because era doesn't need a drastic change like that. there is no problem on era that requires a big change like mentioned by you guys.

why did you guys even start pushing for this idea again? because era was low on player count? because that isn't necessarily true at all. compared to other playerworlds, era is doing fine. like I mentioned earlier, era has been out since 2002 and graal a lot longer. servers in general have lost players.

was it because there are too many lame guns on era? I first started playing era in 2002, and lame guns have pretty much always existed. once upon a time only the uzi, shotgun, and handgun existed. then the ak came out and then the metal storm became the weapon to have. people wanted more weapons though, and so era continued to feed the masses.

the flak cannon came out under chrisz's management and it was even more lame back then, yet people still had fun. PI had the lamest version of p2ks and ap7s. not to mention the masil g which literally had zero freeze. you could run around your opponent while spraying him. the pl-9 shotgun came out under chrisz's management too, but I don't know how that gun compares to the current pl-9 shotgun or aa12. can't forget about the GG as well. there is no gun on era that is too lame. actually, probably the flak cannon is.

venom_fish actually did a good job in balancing the guns, but he mentioned that someone changed some of the stats and that gang guns have messed up the balance, but you don't need to completely change era to fix that.

the point is that "lame" guns have always existed. people love the different variety of weapons.

was it because noobs aren't having fun? because they don't have access to tier 1 weapons right off the bat? well I proposed giving era police access to the create a custom gun option, so that era police can create their own tier 1 weapon and noobs can have access to that. that is an idea that doesn't completely change era. it isn't drastic. you already have a .05 freeze gun too, which was what you were talking about when you talked about things being unfair or something, so now you are on equal footing with other elite players right? noobs will get that chance too once they get their very own tier 1 weapon.

revamping a server like era is risky. i am not saying your ideas will flop, but i am not sure if they will succeed.

Last edited by Zongui; 01-03-2014 at 02:29 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 03:06 AM
also wanna add that the servers are crap. some people can't even play because they lag too much. noobs come on and move like 1 mph because either their computers are too bad or graal is too bad for their computers. I went on iera before though and got off after a min.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:17 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
also wanna add that the servers are crap. some people can't even play because they lag too much. noobs come on and move like 1 mph because either their computers are too bad or graal is too bad for their computers. I went on iera before though and got off after a min.
This.