Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2005, 01:29 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Abyssal Levels. (LAT)

Abyssal needs a very large amount of indoor-type levels made, if you haven't read about Abyssal elsewhere previously, then let me inform you a bit about it, lest I feel the smiting fist of the flaming Kai. Abyssal is a a world almost entirely underground, it's designed to be modular, so most of the levels will be stand alone units.

I am not an LAT, and I don't profess to be any good at it, but I've thrown together and attached a level as an example of what the majority of the levels should "feel" like. They don't have to be vividly decorated, but I do want them to look "natural". The levels have to be able to fit entirely in the screen while playing fullscreen on 1024x768 resolution, as displayed in the level I provided, with very few exceptions to the rule. This is to say I do not want rooms that take up every square inch of the level. Your level should be entirely functional on 1024x768 fullscreen with a setfocus 32,32 in effect.

There will not be a gmap which houses all the rooms together, and the only time gmaps will be used are in the cases of rooms that need to be more than one level, say for instance a long corridor consisting of several connected levels. In such isolated situations small gmaps may be used throughout, but no large universal gmap.

For this position, I would like to see your indoor works, obviously, cave, house, castle, lava, and at least one outside level. There is no limit to how much work you can submit for the application. The initial and primary parts of the world will be made by the few LATs I select, after the server goes public I will accept player submitted extensions to the map, provided they fit the requirements of the rest of the levels.

Know that I value work ethic above all else, I don't care if you are the best level maker on the forums and everyone knows it, if you are ****y and don't produce any work, I'd rather have someone who wasn't as good but could meet the deadline. No deadbeat RC surfers, please.

If you want to provide levels for use in the world without the responsibility of providing regular content, that is fine as long as they meet up to the same standards. You will get full credit for the levels you submit. All submitted level names should be in a consistant format when submitted noting your name, an underscore, and a number if you are submitting more than one work "author_##.nw".

To assure that all credit is given where due, all levels submitted will maintain the author's name in the filename, so be sure the name you submit under is correct. Final map names will likely follow the format of "coordinate_author.nw" displaying the coordinates for that level in relation to the rest of the world and the author who did the initial tile work.

Submissions and applications should be given an appropriate subject line annotating "Abyssal Submission" or "Abyssal Application" and sent to;

[email protected]

I can be contacted through the following mediums 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 day a year, although I may not respond immediately, I am always connected and able to recieve messages;

AIM: FrolicGFX
Yahoo: FrolicGFX
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

If I have left out any information you think should be added, post a reply here, and I will try to provide the information or clarification you need. Otherwise, try to direct all questions and comments to me directly through previously stated modes of communication.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	abyscrn.PNG
Views:	189
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	32814  
Old 08-07-2005, 02:16 AM
the Professional.
Still need help here people. Much appreciated.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:41 AM
Corsein
xXDuMajuXx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xXDuMajuXx Send a message via MSN to xXDuMajuXx
Sounds like the whole thing is a bit "Twelve Monkies" style?
Either way, the idea is original and I like it.
I'd apply if I was any good.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
So wait, this server is indoors?

That sounds pretty cool.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:17 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist