Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Sonniku4 is on a distinguished road
Eternal Flaming Barrels of Lag.

Someone.
Fix.
It.

It's causing unnecessary stress on everyone's computers and lagging the server even more.

Kinetaro said that he was working on fixing any issues and optimizing Era so there'd be less lag..... but everyone seems to be avoiding this LIIITLE ITTY BITTY BUG. Not that it's causing anyone inconvenience or anything. Oh wait, it is.

Seriously. It /could/ take like five minutes to fix. Either delete the barrels or check the script. Heard someone say that the barrels were changed to be v6 compatible or something. Okay, fine, but that doesn't give you the excuse to put it off 'till tomorrow. Just open the level and delete the problems. When things are okay, then go ahead and by all means put the barrels back in. In fact, PLEASE add the barrels back after the problem is taken care of. I enjoy shooting them.

Tsukana Scelus (Wed Aug 18 00:00:48 2010):
I most completely and sincerely agree.

In fact, you can quote me on that.

I'll scream it from the mountiantops.

I'll tell everyone who asks that I am a crusader for this movement.

Last edited by Sonniku4; 08-18-2010 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Added extra bold lettering for emphasis.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Wasser get a new computer already.

But yeah, just remove those barrels anyway, don't even know why there would be explosive barrels next to a locker room.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 AM
****arus
xTcDiabloxTc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post

But yeah, just remove those barrels anyway, don't even know why there would be explosive barrels next to a locker room.
I plan on trying a gmap update to see if I can get them to go away. Removing them from just the level didn't work, but I'm gonna have to wait for the server to be a bit less populated.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Give - Rep only, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTcDiabloxTc View Post
I plan on trying a gmap update to see if I can get them to go away. Removing them from just the level didn't work, but I'm gonna have to wait for the server to be a bit less populated.
THANK YOU. Just do it at like 2 AM PST, should be depop enough.

Quote:
It runs L4D2 fine, but it's Graal that seems to disagree with it.
Anyways... Buy me a computer. How about that, eh? Do an old friend a favor?

Quote:
Well OBVIOUSLY so the gas station has somewhere to store their petrol.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonniku4 View Post
It runs L4D2 fine, but it's Graal that seems to disagree with it.
Anyways... Buy me a computer. How about that, eh? Do an old friend a favor?
Might get better when they release v6. Supposed to remove the 20 frame limit, and speed up a lot of particle effects and stuff.

If you can wait that long.................
Old 08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you for posting this. every time i walk out of unstick, I get laggedx324824092 and i get killed by noobs with shotguns :/

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Give - Rep only, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_P2P View Post
Thank you for posting this. every time i walk out of unstick, I get laggedx324824092 and i get killed by noobs with shotguns :/
JoIn ThE ReSiStAnCe. RESiST ThE FL4MING B4RReLS.

Quote:
Might get better when they release v6. Supposed to remove the 20 frame limit, and speed up a lot of particle effects and stuff.

If you can wait that long.................
Graal has a 20 frame limit? ..Why?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 PM
****arus
xTcDiabloxTc is on a distinguished road
Consider them....

Extinguished.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Consider them....

Extinguished.
Not cool. Now I have to PK without the advantage of the fire lagging everyone but me.

FYI you don't need to wait for less players to update the gmap, it doesn't warp everyone to (0, 0) anymore.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Not cool. Now I have to PK without the advantage of the fire lagging everyone but me.
Wait, weren't you the one who made those barrels do that **** like a few days before you got fired ? >.> ... lame
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 08-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Give - Rep only, please.
Quote:
Consider them....

Extinguished.

+10 cool points to you, sir.

Now we need one of these, since it's fixed.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimsonSky View Post
Wait, weren't you the one who made those barrels do that **** like a few days before you got fired ? >.> ... lame
you're welcome! no, the barrels have been doing that for as long as I can remember even with the old GANI which was just a pixellated fire.mng with a light effect
Old 08-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The effects never even looked that good from what I recall to justify the serious amount of slowdown they caused.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
The effects never even looked that good from what I recall to justify the serious amount of slowdown they caused.
Check now, I changed the fire to use a nice particle effect a week or so before I was fired.

EDIT: To clarify the original post, nothing was made "v6 compatible" in exchange for not working on v5. Fire was changed (not barrels in particular) to use a particle emitter which is why it now looks much better. There is generally no noticeable slowdown on v6 because the particle engine was severely optimized and runs much better than on v5.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Check now, I changed the fire to use a nice particle effect a week or so before I was fired.

EDIT: To clarify the original post, nothing was made "v6 compatible" in exchange for not working on v5. Fire was changed (not barrels in particular) to use a particle emitter which is why it now looks much better. There is generally no noticeable slowdown on v6 because the particle engine was severely optimized and runs much better than on v5.
They don't lag but they still don't look good, heh. Then again explosions are hard to do, but they just look like a blast of light effects, not an exploding barrel. But whatever, at least now they look bad and run good.
Closed Thread