Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 02:02 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Good luck
Old 03-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
At first glance, this post seems pretty solid to someone who might be a Graal veteran. However, herein lies a problem: it's aimed at Graal veterans. In the first paragraph, you are already making use of terms that might seem universal, but most certainly are not. Logging onto "player" is a term coined by Graal regulars; it is not something a new player would understand right away. In the later paragraphs you continue to make use of Graalian jargon, talking about things like a "Classic Inspection" (Even a lot of Graal veterans might not get this), LATs, and custom tiles.
Admittedly, I probably was aiming it towards Graal veterans, or more likely Maloria veterans. The vanity items we're releasing might attract new players, but their main purpose is to keep oldbies interested in the project.

Quote:
I feel as though it is really unnecessary to use that many jargon terms and explanations from a 'behind the scenes' view. This can easily be solved by simply using more universally understood terms. Logging onto Maloria, being accepted to join the public list of servers, level designers, etc etc. Mastering a language means that you should be able to find a dozen ways to word any one sentence just off top of your head.
I agree. It's not so much that I'm not capable of it, but rather that I haven't thought about addressing the newer players.

Quote:
English is clearly not your first language. Saying things like "February 22th" is an obvious display of this. Illustrating the point further, you say "...however, the remaining work isn't some of the funniest things to work at." Any person raised speaking English as a first language would recognize the awkward feeling. Plus you're ending it in a preposition.
Once again I agree. I could have worded that a lot better, and even used a better structure for the news entry.

Quote:
As a side note, you suggest that players get in contact with either yourself or another presumed member of staff, but no contact information is offered. I will assume that this is part of your strategy to get players on the server itself, but it might achieve the opposite, and appear to be too much work than it's worth to readers.
That's exactly what I was trying to do, and for the main part it worked exactly like I had hoped for it to work.

Quote:
The graphics are tacky, uncoordinated and the content is cheesy. I hope if you do get the position you're applying for that you'll try to improve on this stuff, because at current I'm not really feeling it and I know I'm not alone in this.
Your concerns have been noted, and considering the quality of the critique, I'll keep most of it at the back of my head whenever I write a new article.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news