Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 AM
_Zelph is on a distinguished road
New "Neetris" game with multiplayer modes.

Hey everyone!

I meant to make a post about this on the Graal forums earlier, but I was in such a rush to release this for Christmas and return to my family and other affairs that I forgot to do so until now. I hope everyone had some good holidays!

Some of you might remember the old "Neetris" (Tetris variant) game that UN has had for a little while. I was finally able to get a chunk of time during my holiday break to make all of the features that I've originally planned for it. In addition to single player, it now has versus and co-op modes. Versus allows you to play side-by-side with somebody to see who's better! Co-op, which I think is actually something pretty new, has you and a partner take turns placing the pieces. It's quite a unique challenge.

For either multiplayer modes, you can invite a specific player or just jump in to the "quick match" queue and be joined up with the next ready person.

There are also two leader boards. Single player and versus modes share the same leaderboard because the gameplay is identical. Co-op has its own leaderboard to show the pairs of people who worked the best together.

I think that's about it. Have some screenshots.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Did you fix the controls? The old controls were pretty bad, and I noticed it doesn't let you "float" the piece before it locks in, which is critical with Tetris.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
by floating, you don't mean how you can hold a piece on top of a place where it should fall by continually rotating it, right? Because that version is for novice players only.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:14 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
by floating, you don't mean how you can hold a piece on top of a place where it should fall by continually rotating it, right? Because that version is for novice players only.
lol
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
that girl getting 1 million has to be a cheat.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 01-03-2011, 01:25 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
she owns i was watching her play
Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
I was disconnected mid-game because I didn't move.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
I was disconnected mid-game because I didn't move.
crykid

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Looks nice
It could trigger the server from time to time to avoid being disconnected for idling may be.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the idle disconnect affected me when I tried this out last week. Between that and the unresponsive controls, I wasn't very motivated to play it again. If you can fix (or have already fixed!) those two things, you'll have something awesome.