Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Changes the text of the block to say who placed it instead of the informational message. By repeatedly grabbing the block you can prevent other people from seeing the "very important message".

Not sure why the "Placed by" message even needs to be there anymore since all staff tools are logged now. If for some other reason it is still needed it should be converted to use the message system rather than chat text.

Secondly, isn't this the sort of thing that should be getting put in the news window anyway?
Why not change the 'placed by' to a message-on-right-click type thing instead?
Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Ya thats what I mean by the message system.
When you right click a dropped item it sends information to the message system, so it'd only make sense.

Although it makes even more sense to put new information in the news window and only use staff block to actually block off certain things/areas.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
I had made a version of the staff block that did exactly that, as well as some other improvements with interaction. I'm not even sure why that didn't get used.

My thinking at the time of doing that was seeing things in Trivia where there were blocks all over the place and depending on your font type and size, often it overlapped other blocks. It's not a fix to the problem, but it's definitely a way around it.

As Demisis said, there is information that can simply be stashed in the News GUI which has been moulded to do what it's typically meant for: Informing people, and making itself clearly visible when a new version of the information is added. What is on that block is a perfect example of what belongs in the news section of the GUI. It wasn't designed to just sit there and look pretty.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I guess im the only one that knows this??? All a staff member has to do is say ":i" and then grab the block. it will remove the "Placed by ____" thing.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Move the informational block down 1 tile (0.5 of a tile even), out of reach of grabbing, and problem solved. How hard would that be? o_O
That's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Yep, looks stupid. Era iPhone refuses to use them
Honestly, who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I guess im the only one that knows this??? All a staff member has to do is say ":i" and then grab the block. it will remove the "Placed by ____" thing.
I actually knew that, and I'm not (and never have been) a staff with blocks.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:37 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Move the informational block down 1 tile (0.5 of a tile even), out of reach of grabbing, and problem solved. How hard would that be? o_O
"!addvar y 1" *click*
I suppose my tool is long gone, though.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:25 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Honestly, who cares?
Me, Stefan, Unixmad and pretty much everyone that's trying to make Graal more popular. gg
Old 01-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Me, Stefan, Unixmad and pretty much everyone that's trying to make Graal more popular. gg

Maybe focus on fixing actually problems?

I mean, he's right..
Who cares about staff blocks when there's clearly much bigger problems that need to be fixed.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
They're not making Graal more popular or better.
They're neglecting Graal to do iPhone stuff, but they neglected it beforehand so nothing here is new.

gg? Are you five? The point you made is neither valid or related...
Go play your iPhone and leave our forums alone.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakonda View Post
Who cares about staff blocks when there's clearly much bigger problems that need to be fixed.
Doesn't matter how much you make the server look good when it looks like a ****ing playground with all the staff blocks scattered around. This isn't some minor point that has never been brought up before. It detracts from the server and makes it look less professional than it already is.

Also your whole point is moot. "Why worry about staff blocks when they could be fixing other things?" There is nothing to fix about staff blocks. They just need to stop being used, aka staff need to stop being lazy. Will staff not placing staff blocks suddenly mean a gun won't get released or something? That doesn't make sense.

I hate it when people use that piss-poor excuse to cover up lazyness. "Blah blah, if they do that then the IMPORTANT STUFF won't get done." Development does not work like that. Small things can be done alongside of bigger projects. If they can't manage that then they're doing it wrong.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Doesn't matter how much you make the server look good when it looks like a ****ing playground with all the staff blocks scattered around. This isn't some minor point that has never been brought up before. It detracts from the server and makes it look less professional than it already is.

Also your whole point is moot. "Why worry about staff blocks when they could be fixing other things?" There is nothing to fix about staff blocks. They just need to stop being used, aka staff need to stop being lazy. Will staff not placing staff blocks suddenly mean a gun won't get released or something? That doesn't make sense.

I hate it when people use that piss-poor excuse to cover up lazyness. "Blah blah, if they do that then the IMPORTANT STUFF won't get done." Development does not work like that. Small things can be done alongside of bigger projects. If they can't manage that then they're doing it wrong.
Dusty, You just earned major respect outta me. Not like you didn't have little or anything before for you just earned more <3

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Staff Blocks: Useful for marking out levels that require certain elements completed.

Era Staff Blocks: Used to force players to read news and other reports that would be more appropriate in the News window.

Era Staff: Still not fixing the problem properly.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Yeah it would be good if there was somebody on the server who was in charge of all the staff and could direct/govern/oversee/officiate/guide/mentor them.
Is there somebody who could manage to do that?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Thanks dusty, nailed my point.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.