Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
Graal Rules.

Well i wasn't really sure where to post this, so i decided to just post it here.

Why aren't we allowed to share accounts?

We spent our money on buying the account, so why can't we do what we want with the account?

If accounts were free i could understand this rule, because then everyone would have one, and not need to share one.

But what if i wanted to let my brothers (i have 3 living in Maryland) play on here since Graal has gotten boring? Why would we get bant for this?

I spent my money on it, so i should say how i use it, weather that be sharing the account, or keeping it to myself.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I am the trap
Shiftk03- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayianOozaru
blah
Say one night your brother or whoever you let share your account, decides to download a trainer so he doesn't suck at Zone so much. A global happens to log on in time to ban your account. What then?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Then that is the price you pay for letting that happen..

The real reason is because they want each person to pay for their own account.. otherwise hundreds of people can share one account.. one for each PW
Old 04-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcaptain

The real reason is because they want each person to pay for their own account.. otherwise hundreds of people can share one account.. one for each PW
I agree, I remember back when P2P first came out and that rule wasn't forced.EVERYONE one had a shared account includeing the players on the forums, so graal had to be strict about that rule.

Another reason I think shared accounts is illegal is because "playerworlds".How many playerworlds have been deleted due to password leaks or shared accounts?Tomany to be counted!So yea shared accounts is nothing but a headache and lost of profit.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
I have multiple personalities, I share my accounts with myselfs. plzdontbanmeiluvgraalitssofun
Old 04-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftk03-
Say one night your brother or whoever you let share your account, decides to download a trainer so he doesn't suck at Zone so much. A global happens to log on in time to ban your account. What then?
Isn't there a 'Computer IP' ban now or w/e? the Global would just use that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCaptain

There's no difference between if you were playing on the account, and where on that playerworld...remember only 1 person on your account can log onto the same playerworld...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon
I agree, I remember back when P2P first came out and that rule wasn't forced.EVERYONE one had a shared account includeing the players on the forums, so graal had to be strict about that rule.

Another reason I think shared accounts is illegal is because "playerworlds".How many playerworlds have been deleted due to password leaks or shared accounts?Tomany to be counted!So yea shared accounts is nothing but a headache and lost of profit.
That can't happen anymore, since the player needs to have your ip to sign into the playerworld
Old 04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayianOozaru
Why aren't we allowed to share accounts?

Pretty sure that Graal will lose money if account sharing were allowed.
Not to mention, if something were to happen, the account holder could say "omg, that wasn't me, it was so and so who used my account!"
Yea, I know about the computer ID thing.
What about if the person is a friend that was at your house, on your computer? What if it's a family member in your house, on your computer?
Then people would expect to be unbanned or whatever because it was someone else using their account, but no proof.

I think it would open up a whole area of problems that does NOT need to be opened.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
o used my account!"
What about if the person is a friend that was at your house, on your computer? What if it's a family member in your house, on your computer?
Then people would expect to be unbanned or whatever because it was someone else using their account, but no proof.

I think it would open up a whole area of problems that does NOT need to be opened.

Lol Think about what you just said.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned
Quote:
Pretty sure that Graal will lose money if account sharing were allowed.
Not to mention, if something were to happen, the account holder could say "omg, that wasn't me, it was so and so who used my account!"
The staff could check the log in ip of the players account to see if he was lying or not. If he/she wasn't lying then the other ip would be banned, if he/she was lying then he/she would be banned, and the account wouldn't go to waste.

Quote:
Well if you had a friend over your house and let him/her get on your account, then you would have to watch him/her, and if you didn't then that would be your problem.
Same goes with a family member, you would have to watch him/her to make sure he/she doesn't do anything stupid

Quote:
If there isn't any proof, then that's on the player. He/she took the risk at lending there account password out. Like i said it's your money, you should be able to do what you want with the account, and then it becomes your responsiblity to make sure nothing happens to it. And if you think that something bads going to happen with it then you just change the password...

Quote:
Not really...It would just require the Staff not being lazy, and taking the time to check the ip/computer ip...and i think that would only take a few sec/min...
Old 04-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Just like any other game, I am sure its not THAT big of a deal if you just let someone thats visiting play on your account.. but its not allowed so that you can not try to say "it wasnt me" and also can not try to use it for any bigger reasons.. like trying to run some sort of time share buisness on accounts :-P
Old 04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
It is simple, it will lose GO money if accounts were allowed to be shared.

If you can't understand it you might want to seek some mental help.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 PM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2
It is simple, it will lose GO money if accounts were allowed to be shared.

If you can't understand it you might want to seek some mental help.
Exactly. This is a business Sayian.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Missing Link Merai
Link3001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Link3001 Send a message via MSN to Link3001
Does this rule apply too whenever I buy an account (they are still mine) and I share them with my friends that help me out on a playerworld? Keep in mind they only login to that server they work on.

It would be a bit unfair if I couldnt 'loan' them my account, seeing as they are paid for and I dont use them for anything else then that.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:45 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Exactly. This is a business Sayian.
Now, if Graal Online were completely free, then I'm sure sharing of accounts wouldn't be a problem, so such a rule wouldn't be necessary.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredlctable
Now, if Graal Online were completely free, then I'm sure sharing of accounts wouldn't be a problem, so such a rule wouldn't be necessary.
nice tribute to me you had earlier
Closed Thread