Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Wanna see something cool? (One-Two months old screenie.)
Old 02-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
In my case, I have been somewhat involved with Dippin Donuts for over 4 years now. IN the past, businesses were of larger significance than they are now. Businesses were very profitable and owning a business was a very prestigious position. After acquisition of ownership of Dippin Donuts, and after several resets, profits per week were down to almost 3k per week. Businesses made barely as much money as a regular miner.

The fact of the matter is that businesses are an integral part of Era's makeup. There is an excitement in working the job as well as owning a business. In my belief, any choice to turn businesses into bot-ran businesses would be foolish.

Yet again, that's just my opinion.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 02-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
In my belief, any choice to turn businesses into bot-ran businesses would be foolish.
This^
Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
The Don
GoldLust is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
Era News should be reopened IMO .
yes, i agree
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
These kids can't run no bidness, ya dig?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
I say leave it to NPCs to run the businesses. People who own it will get rich, then somehow they will find a glitch and then somehow they will spawn monies and then we are going to have another "reset" again.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 02-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_P2P View Post
I say leave it to NPCs to run the businesses. People who own it will get rich, then somehow they will find a glitch and then somehow they will spawn monies and then we are going to have another "reset" again.
This only happened once or twice and occured because of the stupidity of staff members. I highly doubt it will happen again.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
In my case, I have been somewhat involved with Dippin Donuts for over 4 years now. IN the past, businesses were of larger significance than they are now. Businesses were very profitable and owning a business was a very prestigious position. After acquisition of ownership of Dippin Donuts, and after several resets, profits per week were down to almost 3k per week. Businesses made barely as much money as a regular miner.

The fact of the matter is that businesses are an integral part of Era's makeup. There is an excitement in working the job as well as owning a business. In my belief, any choice to turn businesses into bot-ran businesses would be foolish.

Yet again, that's just my opinion.
This, I was involved in DD and to be honest, Workers want to get paid more then you make per donut, and if you set a payscale by stock they will stock the easiest to make donut because even though we would only make 2 off of each donut they get paid the same as if the buisness made 6 per donut

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Not to be the pessimist, but Money will always somehow be spawned, and glitches discovered and exploited. Whether businesses are NPC-Ran (Which I'd find easier to glitch-abuse, more scripts; more glitches), or Player-Ran.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Although I agree with Venom_Fish's idea and that the points he has made are good, I think introducing systems which make controlling the economy more complex wouldn't do much good. I mean, is the economy perfectly fine without player-ran businesses? If not, I think that's where you need to focus some time for repair.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
IMO: With the current economy (unless there was a reset, or a Ace type spawning event since i've been banned) businesses aren't that big a deal. Food businesses honestly aren't worth existing, with the food spoilage and less than 2k income per week, if you actually hire workers to stock you'd be paying more than you make in order to pay any substantial amount.

I think business owners should be given more powers as well as losing powers. First off they shouldn't be in charge of pay, a system like that of SP should be in place to ensure workers are paid correctly but however the owner will be able to set the payment per whatever you do (between certain ranges to limit this). If there isn't enough to pay everyone then the business would go into debt and lose merchandise at a fraction (1/2?) of its actual value until it reaches a equilibrium. If it can't reach this with current merchandise at the pay time than the owner will either have to use his personal money or lose the business. The stocking systems are currently retardedly basic, not only can any dumbs*** press a button, plus it is easier to macro than it is to type "supercalafragilisticexpialadocious" (iuno how its spelled don't quote this<) But again with the economy the way it is (was) noone works for money (minus catbert <.<) because there is nothing to really work for. Any gun that costs more than a hour of flower picking takes 1000+ hours of flower picking to buy. The only way you see these guns move around is by USD or CST, not actual Era Money. So back to businesses< for any worker in a shop (if owners hire any) it is less profitable to work there due to the current payment system.

My awesome ideas:
-Should only be a max of 2 food businesses, one NPC one Player ran since no one buys food so they're just wasting space.
-Reopen GRC as player ran since its pro****.
-Gun shops should either be able to set their item prices or the GBA should keep up and update them so they don't have one set price for everything.
-New businesses based on different jobs around era. Like something that is based on lumberjacking instead of mining (add some new types of wood?) or somthing IDUNO.

*Disclaimer* I only actually read the first post cause I'm insanely lazy so these are just my ideas and ramblings on the topic, RAHH
Old 02-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
-New businesses based on different jobs around era. Like something that is based on lumberjacking instead of mining (add some new types of wood?) or somthing IDUNO.
Hi era lumber, I would like some era wood flooring for my home.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.