Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
:D
Ace_Ciprioni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ace_Ciprioni Send a message via MSN to Ace_Ciprioni Send a message via Yahoo to Ace_Ciprioni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
ok first of all
grammar plx
"letted"
"maded"

second,
scamming is illegal. it's unfair to the person who loses out, they thought they were going to trade safely, but the other person abused their trust. why would you want it legal? hmmm, you give me the impression that you're a scammer. i hope you get scammed.
Liz you dont even play era, why troll forums for post count?

And as for tig. the "Ghetto" has laws? the ghetto is the ghetto because those laws are not followed. but you wouldnt know that right? you live in the Sticks in missouri. im the one here in St Louis.

As for Era Scamming. i think that there should be no leagal/illeagal
There is a /itemtrade system. use it. if you get scammed while useing the itemtrade system then honestly your stupid and deserve to lose your items. if its drop traded because the scammer says "oh my itemtrade dont work for some reason" and this trick is used against new players. understandable.
but do you people understand why the itemtrade system was made? to prevent scamming. i agree with Stokell for the most part. give a useless staff position a right of power to create more Abuse on era. exactly what era needs right?.

my opinion you wana end all the BS beg tig to make a GP System. its possible moondeath made a GP System on my server. there was 0 use for a player to be a GP as it was impossible to scam (useing itemtrade type system), if you hacked the system busted you. what more does a GP do? set around and abuse. so there ya go. all fixed. but what do i know im just a silly hacker ruining era right?
Old 03-05-2009, 06:07 PM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
ace ur for st louis? weird im from C-vil
Old 03-05-2009, 06:54 PM
TheMaestro is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd scam people if I wasn't banned.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokell88 View Post
Making scamming illegal is just another way to make GPs feel like they do something productive. In my view it's facist, they'll tell us it's illegal to PK next, as it's unfair on the other player if he has to walk from the hospital. Staff are making Era like Nazi Germany, and deophite is Hitler.
This post is irresponsible in many ways.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
God give me strength, please... If you do not have some kinda spell check thing enabled in your browser, enable it. The word is "legal" and it's counterpart is "illegal" and the bottom line is exactly as Tig mentioned: This is not real life, and everyone is permitted to enjoy playing without some guy/girl bleeding them of their achievements (usually viewed on Era as the amount of items/types of items one possesses) from the fun they've had along the way, especially the newbie player-body.

So there's a lot of GP's and many playerworlds will handle the typical "GP control" situation differently. Want a system implemented as Ace said, or have better suggestions? PM Deophite or Angel and suggest it. As for the topic on hand, there is no justifying being completely heartless to others who are having fun, just as you may be, and before anyone mentions scamming being a fun activity, don't. If that is your way of having fun online, do it on other mediums of the internet like online poker or something, not where it's been ruled out.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Stokell Perseus
Stokell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
This post is irresponsible in many ways.
You last visited: 10-17-2004 at 07:39 PM

-------------------------------------------

Confirmed Private Message Receipts (1)
Sent to: Stefan
Graal Online HQ

Message Sent Date : 10-16-2004 / 06:06 PM

Message Read Date : 09-22-2007 / 09:08 PM

Old 03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I agree with scamming being illegal. What I don't agree with, is considering the whole "lend me your weapon" as a scam.

"yo lend me the gun i wanna try it before i decide to buy it from u"
or
"we're good friends, lend me ur bar for a bit i'll give it back u can trust me"

I'm sure 95% of the scams reported to GPs has to do with one player lending another player an item of theirs. When you trade another player an item, you're handing over ownership. If you don't want the item taken from you, don't give it out to people. I hate when people lend other players items, then ***** to GPs that it wasn't returned to them. Scamming is illegal, yes, but I don't think trades should be reversed if a player willingly gives their items out.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I agree with scamming being illegal. What I don't agree with, is considering the whole "lend me your weapon" as a scam.

"yo lend me the gun i wanna try it before i decide to buy it from u"
or
"we're good friends, lend me ur bar for a bit i'll give it back u can trust me"

I'm sure 95[percent] of the scams reported to GPs has to do with one player lending another player an item of theirs. When you trade another player an item, you're handing over ownership. If you don't want the item taken from you, don't give it out to people. I hate when people lend other players items, then ***** to GPs that it wasn't returned to them. Scamming is illegal, yes, but I don't think trades should be reversed if a player willingly gives their items out.
Yea, that's not really scamming imo, that's straight up stealing.

I guess if they pretend to be your friend to get your items, it would be considered scamming...stoopin' to a really, really low level though
Old 03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
"Why is stealing illegal?"

I chuckle each time I hear someone argue for legalization of scamming.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Ciprioni View Post
Liz you dont even play era, why troll forums for post count?
actually i play era every day.. why are you making assumptions without anything to back them up? so, apparently, if i go into the era section, i'm trolling? i kind of do play era, and i don't see how i wouldn't be allowed to post in it even if i didn't play?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
There's another huge fault in this scamming policy..

A friend of mine was given a weapon by someone as an apology for his past actions. Not going to name anyone here, but the guy decided the next day that he wanted it back and reported it as a scam. Squirt being the big and bad GP Admin, took it back and gave it to the "original" owner.

As I said above, if you give someone an item, you shouldn't have rights to it anymore. Lending or not.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:18 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:

A friend of mine was given a weapon by someone as an apology for his past actions. Not going to name anyone here, but the guy decided the next day that he wanted it back and reported it as a scam. Squirt being the big and bad GP Admin, took it back and gave it to the "original" owner.

As I said above, if you give someone an item, you shouldn't have rights to it anymore. Lending or not.
Big and bad GP Admin? Since when did I ever care about being big and bad . Also, Frankie, I didn't just remove the item I confronted both of them and summoned them to the same spot. I spoke to both of them and they each told me their views of the situation. I heard both sides and went on from there. The way you make it sound like I didn't even give him a warning. Also, I told him if he disagreed with my choice he could confront other people about it and I even gave him names and way to reach them. I'm trying to help the players in general. Whatever I do I would make one person happy, however, the other would displeased. I learned to just do what I think is best and go from there. He even told me through PMs he doesn't blame me for my choice, so I don't really see the problem other than you trying to start something.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:31 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:

At least Squirt didn't ban you friend for 'scamming'. All he did was give the item back since it was a fishy situation. I always ban scammers. Seems to me that Squirt handled the situation pretty well.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-09-2009, 06:51 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH89 View Post
i think scamming should be legal
think about it, era is suppose to be a street/ghetto themed server.
If anything i say that if a gp is there to watch the trade or sees the scam then yes reverse it but if u werent there then its legal and fine, most of the time "noobs" dont have anything worth scamming anyway and maybe thats why there should be more info on it all. but making it illigal is kinda dumb. to me it was more made illigal to give all these gps a reason and work to do but honestly all the gps u need is squirt masa and zeus, but yet they are hiring more. idk blah blah scamming should be legal blah blah
This would make sense ONLY if you were able to get your items back were you to kill the offender shortly after an item was received.

If you want it to match Era's theme you have to make it work completely within the game like it would IRL. If someone jacked all your stuff, and was RUNNING away, and you shot them dead in the back you'd be able to just go get your stuff. If you do that to somebody that scammed you they still have the items in their GUI and you dont get them back either way.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Scamming is illegal in every game as well as in real life, since it's unfair to new players who do not know the system as well. Why would you want scamming to be legal? So you can steal money from new players?

Also about the ghetto/street theme if this were to be realistic then cars should be able to be jacked so simply, since people from the ghetto should be able to hot wire a car...