Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
i am going to have to agree with Kat. as much as i like DC i don't think he has the maturity level required for being manager. he's shown little in his recent history that can attest to that. has anybody even thought of how him and thor would cooperate because i don't know. i do wish it was as easy as placing individual x into the fray but there are tons of unaccounted factors that you need to take into consideration
Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
DC and thor seem to work together/commune quite a bit, especially over WaW.

And what "immature" things has he done?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
DC and thor seem to work together/commune quite a bit, especially over WaW.

And what "immature" things has he done?
isnt kat mad because he cant try to become the next manager?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Gladius
Tis possible.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 AM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
Regading my comments about a 50/50 split in player demographic, I'll point out the use of the word 'approximately' in my original post. I didn't intend to imply the split is exactly 50/50, rather give the impression that there is no significant bias one way or the other. The main point of the post though was to point out that any change to the server location would bring bad sideffects along with the good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
Why do you believe you still deserve your position despite the overwhelming arguments against you holding your position further?

The players generally do not approve of you, and it shows, as you said, when you post here, it turns into a bash storm fest.
I wasn't aware that being Manager was a popularity contest. I though it was about managing the server and trying to push things fowards. Seriously, given past events I fully expect players to hold me in a negative light. I just accept that as part of the position. It's more important for me to use actions to change Classic for the better right now that to worry about my own reputation.

There are few people on Classic with the mindset or server knowledge to work with player requests and work them into a tangible idea. As I've said before it's easy to take one players complaint and resolve it. being able to take comments from everyone and evaluate them in a non-biased way is what it takes to be a manager, and plenty of people simply cannot do that. The are probably equally as few people with the patience to consider every little change to the server and how it will affect things, trying to balance what players appear to want against what will actually be good for the server.

Quote:
You have a very very dodgy track record. For the most part, you are only active to a minimum when you are under pressure. You're under pressure now from the PWA, and I am certain that is the reason for your newfound spark of activity. However, I see that spark dwindling.
My level of activity has nothing to do with any threats or pressure I am under. It has more to do with real life issues. You point to a few minor things that apparently show my 'spark' is already dwindling.
  • My activity was down on last week. It happens. I can't be expected to increase this every single week. Things will naturally fluctuate depending on various circumstances. I detailed my intended minimum activity earlier in the thread, and this is something I intend to stick to.
  • The code base for Onslaught is small and/or has not been modified for a week. Onslaught and the event systems are not the only code I've been working on, nor is my primary job even a development one. If I'm busy with other management tasks, I have to prioritise accordingly. There is work that has been done on the Event systems that has not yet translated into actual code.
  • I did not tell Moonie to make you a moderator. You asked me for moderator rights so that you could make a locked thread for releases. Whilst I approve of the idea, giving full blown moderator rights is excessive for such a small task. I'm fairly sure I can't hand out hundreds of moderator positions, so I've been looking at ways to avoid giving moderator positions for this task, and also trying to determine who all should get moderator if this is required.

Seriously, if you think I'm losing my spark, then you are mistaken. I want to see the server back where it belongs, and I'm ready to do what I can to achieve that.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 03-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I wasn't aware that being Manager was a popularity contest. I though it was about managing the server and trying to push things fowards.
how much time did u push the thing foward in the past 4 years?

Quote:
Seriously, if you think I'm losing my spark, then you are mistaken. I want to see the server back where it belongs, and I'm ready to do what I can to achieve that.
i think i heard that one before.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:16 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I wasn't aware that being Manager was a popularity contest. I though it was about managing the server and trying to push things fowards. Seriously, given past events I fully expect players to hold me in a negative light. I just accept that as part of the position. It's more important for me to use actions to change Classic for the better right now that to worry about my own reputation.
Generally, when you push a server forward, you get a positive light, not a negative. Managers should NOT be loathed by their community. On successful servers I see some managers are ADORED by their community because of what THEY have done for THEM. It isn't part of the position to be hated by the players. If you're hated by the players as a manager, you're doing a bad job. The only admin/staff I expect to be hated by the players are GPs.

Quote:
There are few people on Classic with the mindset or server knowledge to work with player requests and work them into a tangible idea. As I've said before it's easy to take one players complaint and resolve it. being able to take comments from everyone and evaluate them in a non-biased way is what it takes to be a manager, and plenty of people simply cannot do that. The are probably equally as few people with the patience to consider every little change to the server and how it will affect things, trying to balance what players appear to want against what will actually be good for the server.
There are plenty of people on the server that could take and evaluate complaints better than you. Probably because you don't seem to act on those complaints, just listen to them. Hell, for the past few years, any time someone would GIVE you a complaint, you would PM back "hmm". That became your slogan.

As for changes for the server, there are many people who have successfully considered changes, implemented them, and had a positive result. Unfortunately, you aren't on that list of people.

Don't make your job out to be so diffcult to where it makes you the only viable candidate. It isn't and you're doing an awful job as it is anyway.

Quote:
My level of activity has nothing to do with any threats or pressure I am under. It has more to do with real life issues. You point to a few minor things that apparently show my 'spark' is already dwindling.
You are trying to tell us that it is a coincidence that you became this new 'Storm 2.0', who is going to right all his 4 years of wrongs just at the same time Bell started giving you ultimatums? Don't lie to us, its insulting.
Quote:
[list][*]My activity was down on last week. It happens. I can't be expected to increase this every single week. Things will naturally fluctuate depending on various circumstances. I detailed my intended minimum activity earlier in the thread, and this is something I intend to stick to.
2 hours a day of basically what I've seen
Sitting on the bank answering dumb questions and playing ultra GP, gagging oni for 5 minutes for saying the b-word, and telling people not to swear, while trying to give people the runaround with words on their complaints?
Nice management work.

Quote:
[*]The code base for Onslaught is small and/or has not been modified for a week. Onslaught and the event systems are not the only code I've been working on, nor is my primary job even a development one. If I'm busy with other management tasks, I have to prioritise accordingly. There is work that has been done on the Event systems that has not yet translated into actual code.
Your staff activity logs say besides onslaught, you've made one small 35 line NPCW. Other than that, nothing, not one thing. Why keep adding to the 20% done clutter of scripts this server has if you're not going to follow through?

Quote:
[*]I did not tell Moonie to make you a moderator. You asked me for moderator rights so that you could make a locked thread for releases. Whilst I approve of the idea, giving full blown moderator rights is excessive for such a small task. I'm fairly sure I can't hand out hundreds of moderator positions, so I've been looking at ways to avoid giving moderator positions for this task, and also trying to determine who all should get moderator if this is required.
You approved of my idea, and said you were going to look into it, then when I badgered you about it, you gave me EXCUSES on why there shouldnt be mod rights given here. I didn't ask for ONE HUNDRED mod positions, I asked for 3, one for me, one for WhiteDragon, and one for Thor, so we could document updates more streamlined, noone reads NPC server messages. When you started making excuses, I just asked for THOR, and you kept making excuses.

That's what you generally do when you're asked to act, you make an excuse, thats why I've said, you're turning back into the 4 year stagnant storm we all know. You told me yourself, talking alone isn't going to save classic, thats your reasoning for not even posting on your own servers forums. Yet, thats all you do in the game, talk and make excuses.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
That's what you generally do when you're asked to act, you make an excuse, thats why I've said, you're turning back into the 4 year stagnant storm we all know. You told me yourself, talking alone isn't going to save classic, thats your reasoning for not even posting on your own servers forums. Yet, thats all you do in the game, talk and make excuses.

how much complaint did i send to him about certains players? many and NONE got taken seriously.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:39 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
ya what dc said stop gagging
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
make me manager. Manager does not need scripting skills but administrative skills and abilities. I can manage a team (I do this IRL on a daily basis) and facilitate progress on the server. If I'm manager I'll actually have people doing things that are uploaded and implemented.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
It is completely relevant, you're arguing that what Storm suggested is "hardly an accurate representation any demographic on any game ever". You must be comparing Graal to other MMORPGs, I am just wondering which ones you're comparing it to.
No, you're going off on an irrelevant tangent. The claim I made was to heighten the scope of inaccuracy of Storm's statistic, it wasn't in an attempt to directly compare other MMO demographics (the relevant one here being geographics) to what Classic has. If you are interested in MMO demographics then you can research yourself because has nothing to do with Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I am willing to bet that out of the 3 people who responded to me (or "nearly everyone" as you put it) would agree that it is probably a 60/40 split, not something as outlandish as what you're hinting at. A 60/40 split would not be enough to warrant a move, as what Storm and Gladius said.
Please outline where I have made an "outlandish" suggestion as to what the ratio of player geographics would be, I must be missing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA--Paul View Post
make me manager. Manager does not need scripting skills but administrative skills and abilities. I can manage a team (I do this IRL on a daily basis) and facilitate progress on the server. If I'm manager I'll actually have people doing things that are uploaded and implemented.
We need a manager who isn't jailed, no?

Last edited by Rufus; 03-05-2009 at 04:29 PM..
Old 03-06-2009, 12:02 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
if he was manager he could get himself out of jail genius
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
No, you're going off on an irrelevant tangent. The claim I made was to heighten the scope of inaccuracy of Storm's statistic, it wasn't in an attempt to directly compare other MMO demographics (the relevant one here being geographics) to what Classic has. If you are interested in MMO demographics then you can research yourself because has nothing to do with Classic.
I must have misunderstood where you were going when you said his figure was "hardly an accurate representation any demographic on any game ever". If you aren't comparing it to other MMORPGs, then what are you comparing it to?

Quote:
Please outline where I have made an "outlandish" suggestion as to what the ratio of player geographics would be, I must be missing it.
Either you believe the figure Storm put out there was highly inaccurate, or you were just arguing the number for the sake of arguing.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu
if he was manager he could get himself out of jail genius
Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I was jailed not by a GP but by Thor which is irrelevant anyway (jailing didn't follow the GP guidelines, as far as I know them from when Lyndzey was chief)

Manager should be someone who can manage a team and push results. Like I said I do this on a daily basis. If you people want to see some actual results then put me as manager. Go ahead and choose somebody who will make levels or script all day if you want to but dont expect to see tons of relative developement. I call for increased social activity on the server. Things that promote community growth.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Gladius
And how exactly would you increase social activity, good sir?
Closed Thread