Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
Tileset type questions.

Okay, currently I am aware that there are 2 tileset types, and that tileset types are basically how graal reads the tileset, meaning what areas of the image will be considered to be blocking tiles, walk over tiles, laval, ect...

These are the two types I am aware of currently.

This is the first one, a good example of this tileset type would be the basic graal tileset pics1.png.

Type 0 >

The second one is this.

Type 1 >

Now I'm looking at the GK tileset, and I'm wondering, is there a tileset type number that reads all tiles on the tileset image as walk over? Because it seems to me that all the tiles on the gk tileset are walk over.

Here look for your self.

If there is a tileset type that allows graal to read all tiles on the tileset image as walk over, what type number would that be?

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:57 AM
I've found it, apperently its value 5, but I would still like a more detailed explanation on this..

Old 06-29-2005, 09:40 PM
US Marine
Soul-Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Soul-Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpsy
I've found it, apperently its value 5, but I would still like a more detailed explanation on this..

What is so difficult to understand? Tiletypes with GK tileset is determined by the elevation of the ground. If it had tiletypes built in, it would conflict with the naturals ones create by the gmap (more specifically, water and just regular ground). It is pretty simple, I think...just experiment with it a bit.

Also, when using other tiletypes with a gmap, the gmap is sort of weird if it isn't flat. Anyway this is old knowledge, I don't know anything about the new scripting language or the new engine(s). So this may be outdated.

Talking about which, are you still working on your PW? It has been a while...are you gonna ever finish it?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Blade
What is so difficult to understand?
Well logically if there is a tileset type 5, then that would lead me to the conclusion that there is a tileset type 4, 3, and 2. I'm already aware of types 1, and 0. Thus if there if a type 4, 3, and 2 what is their purpose?

Quote:
Tiletypes with GK tileset is determined by the elevation of the ground. If it had tiletypes built in, it would conflict with the naturals ones create by the gmap (more specifically, water and just regular ground). It is pretty simple, I think...just experiment with it a bit.

Also, when using other tiletypes with a gmap, the gmap is sort of weird if it isn't flat. Anyway this is old knowledge, I don't know anything about the new scripting language or the new engine(s). So this may be outdated.
I have found this out as well.

Quote:
Talking about which, are you still working on your PW? It has been a while...are you gonna ever finish it?
Sorry, I'm sworn to secrecy. .

Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
US Marine
Quote:
Well logically if there is a tileset type 5, then that would lead me to the conclusion that there is a tileset type 4, 3, and 2. I'm already aware of types 1, and 0. Thus if there if a type 4, 3, and 2 what is their purpose?

I have found this out as well.

Sorry, I'm sworn to secrecy. .
What? Haven't you figured out logic doesn't work in graal? =P

Anyway, about the other tiletypes. I went through your problem a few years ago, and I think I remember what I did to figure everything out. I made a level which contained every single tile in the tileset. After that, I made a script which displayed a 16x16 showpoly on everything single tile in the level (a sidenote, and rather obvious, but the level was laggy =P). The color of the showpoly would change dependant on the tiletype, so what I ended up with was a template for each type of tileset. You should do the same and this mystery will no longer be a mystery heh.

Also, sworn to secrecy? I don't know about that...sounds like an excuse for lack of progress. I'll keep my mouth shut though, I'm not that interested with graal. Although I've been thinking of making a massive comeback with a superb idea for a game I've thought up which is unlike ANYTHING graal has seen yet fits graal flawlessly...but, the new engine eliminates my motivation quickly. I don't want to learn a new scripting language.

Talking about the new engine, how hard is it to get used to the new scripting stuff?
Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
Not hard at all. It is really obvious.
Functions are have brackets.
- showstats 1028; == showstats(1028);
Variables and Strings are now merged.
- foo = "bar";
Players can join classes.
- player.join("pigDen");
function onEVENT() replace if (EVENT)
- function onCreated()
functions can be public (accessed by any other object)
- public function WeaponFired(){

Umm... Yea. Instead of "strequals(#c,chat)", you do "player.chat == "chat"", or "#c == "chat""
Old 06-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
So what is those other 3 tileset types?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Quote:
What? Haven't you figured out logic doesn't work in graal? =P

Anyway, about the other tiletypes. I went through your problem a few years ago, and I think I remember what I did to figure everything out. I made a level which contained every single tile in the tileset. After that, I made a script which displayed a 16x16 showpoly on everything single tile in the level (a sidenote, and rather obvious, but the level was laggy =P). The color of the showpoly would change dependant on the tiletype, so what I ended up with was a template for each type of tileset. You should do the same and this mystery will no longer be a mystery heh.

Also, sworn to secrecy? I don't know about that...sounds like an excuse for lack of progress. I'll keep my mouth shut though, I'm not that interested with graal. Although I've been thinking of making a massive comeback with a superb idea for a game I've thought up which is unlike ANYTHING graal has seen yet fits graal flawlessly...but, the new engine eliminates my motivation quickly. I don't want to learn a new scripting language.

Talking about the new engine, how hard is it to get used to the new scripting stuff?
Could you post that script for me?

Old 07-03-2005, 09:09 PM
US Marine
And to that other guy showing the graal 3 script stuff....I understand the syntax changes. But what I do not want to learn are the new functions and the improvements made. Overall if would improve my ability to script because it has many things I have been pushing for in the old scripting language. But it will still take me a week or two to get used to it and I am just too lazy for that.

Quote:
Could you post that script for me?

Well, I would, but it is on my old hard drive which got fried some how. I lost everything as far as graal goes. It is a rather simple script, I'm sure you could find someone to make it for you. I would, but I'm lazy and would rather not.