Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
"in" operator on returned array.

The error I've found is that if you want to use the var in array, the array needs to be a variable defined in the function itself; not a returned value from a function. ( I also highly suspect that someArray()[2] doesn't work. )

PHP Code:
function someArray() {
  return {
0,1,2,3};
}

function 
onCreated() {
  if ( 
2 in someArray() ) {
    echo(
"Works!");
  } else {
    echo(
"Doesn't work.");
  }

Old 11-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I've also noticed this. I tried something along these lines not so long ago and I had to migrate the array to the function it was being used in or it would not work at all, which is really quite annoying, inconvenient and can be generally unclean if you want to group some different arrays in a single function to avoid having them scattered throughout the different functions they're used for.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I've also noticed this. However, someArray()[2] will work.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
May be you need to do "var in (someArray())" or so, the in-operator accepts several different formats so it might stumble if you just do "in func()"
Old 11-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
var in {someArray()}?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
var in {someArray()}?
No, ( ) instead of { }, although I bet both works.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
No, ( ) instead of { }, although I bet both works.
Well I said {} because that typically forces something into an array, right? Though I suspect this will also turn it into a subarray in an array... which will make it equally unusable. Just throwing the idea out there, though.

edit: I just copied and pasted your script, Novo, and it worked fine for me... at least on the serverside.

Weapon/GUI-script Personal/DustyPorViva/Test added/updated by DustyPorViva
Works!

edit2: works on the clientside too...
Old 11-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm I remember there was some bug in older versions of the npcserver and clients where functions couldn't correctly return arrays.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
Ah. Alright. I had the problem on a Mac Intel version... I might have an outdated copy.