Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 01:58 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
nobody got time for that stuff. most of the prs right now are to lazy or to busy. the only ones that I usually see on are logababy, scooper, and raz. forgot about kenji. lipton plays like a total of 5 min a month. no idea how he is still pr. well now that i think about it, lipton is really the only inactive pr.

maybe the other prs don't know how to do that coloring stuff though? era is looking for gfx people too and all that. big help sign wanted with era staff right now.

the basic colors look easy enough. like painting a gun all pink or blue or whatever. then there is the shading, which i haven't done before, so i don't know how hard/long it takes. of course the skins like desert camo are more detailed, so they took a lot longer to do.

never been fan of a gun just being one color though (throw some black in there or something), so i don't mind if staff are taking a long time to make more detailed skins. actually, i did recolor a head before. felt like it took forever though because the head was detailed with a lot of pixels being of different colors.

Last edited by Zongui; 01-13-2014 at 02:29 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 03:30 AM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
IMO the best skins in the game belong to the MS.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:57 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanNing View Post
IMO the best skins in the game belong to the MS.
I think the MS is a close second, but I like the ACR skins the best. And the raygun luger XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
In the end I just think everyone should be putting their 5 cents in wherever they can. If there was no crime one day and a police man was needed to build a bridge and was ABLE to build a bridge, why shouldn't he?
I'm not saying they shouldn't help out, I'm just saying I don't think they should be expected to.

On top of that, police men are almost certainly less experienced and less qualified to build a bridge than a construction worker, and I imagine there are some sort of regulations against that sort of thing (random people building public works.) The same way PRs probably don't have very much experience with Photoshop or GIMP and don't have the rights necessary to upload images and add them to the skins system.

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 01-13-2014 at 04:10 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 04:17 AM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
Some of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life has been said on this post. Let's just let PRs do graphics and let scripters be PRs.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBob View Post
Some of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life has been said on this post.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:03 AM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
"I think the MS is a close second, but I like the ACR skins the best. And the raygun luger XD."

Oh yeah the ACR definitely got some good skins too. The camo skins are always nice. I went to every weapon on the list and bought all available gold skins.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Some of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life has been said on this post. Let's just let PRs do graphics and let scripters be PRs.
lol
Old 01-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
You seem to never post anything worth-while, it's always some hate filled post against someone you dislike in hopes that your little butt buddies will follow your posts with a +1

You're missing the point completely if you think that's how I'm stating things. If you're able to do something, do it. It's that simple, take the initiative to start doing those things and you will get further in the Staff Team.

I can tell you now if a PR Cadet was able to recolor and define the different shades in a gun with the simple set of colors you have on other guns then showed it to his PRA the PRA would fall in-love with him. It might not have anything to do with PRing but it's a helping hand on the developers who have bigger projects than to recolor a gun 5 times for 30 minutes.

I guess you're just not seeing it how I am, It's all about a helping hand, if you're able to do something just do it. It's like when I was asked by an old friend if I would have any idea on accounts that might have spawned/illegal items, I pmed him 90 accounts and over half of them had staff weapons or spawned items because they were previously staff. I did it because I could, If I had Graal installed I could probably recolor the remaining guns that don't have their set of colors (Mainly because I'm on holidays and other than my girlfriend coming over every few days I don't have much to do)

I guess what I was trying to say is; Just do it, if you can do it, do it, It will help everyone out in the long run... It's an extra-hand that you can give so you should give it.

I mean, it might sound far-fetched and silly to some of you but that's just because the Era community is so full of hate towards everyone, which I find ridiculously stupid but will never change.

Good luck with gun skins though, I agree on making more unique skins if any of the graphic team get a chance.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Its because Zach scared his friends might lose their jobs on the PR.
To be staff on era doesn't matter how good your skills are but who you are friends with... Again all Era staff is to me is a group that has a private chat room on graal.
Nothing change really since Rick revamp era then over the years every manager been tearing it apart and every manager wants to revamp some system that was done earlier era history that failed... Gang system with points - was done with Jenn era I even told you guys your wasting your time.. Party systems - Jenn still kill gang system like i told you guys..
Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
I swear there are like 4 or 5 "oldbies" that I just cannot understand due to their brain degradation from drug abuse or other things of the like. Godzilla is right that if people can help and are staff (purely volunteer position) that they should do so. Zach and Fiber just want to argue with him tooth and nail because god forbid he ever did anything right. Stop being butthurt and look towards the future.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:35 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold

I believe the main point that has come across here is that if you're on the staff team and are able to do more then your assigned task and are willing to help/can balance the workload of multiple tasks, go for it. This is already being done of the staff team, some PR's might have graphics access already as might some LAT's have limited script access.

Edit: Same thing goes to the community, if you can create some amazing GFX or can make creative levels (and are willing to contribute to the server), we would gladly accept your help/contributions.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
I swear there are like 4 or 5 "oldbies" that I just cannot understand due to their brain degradation from drug abuse or other things of the like. Godzilla is right that if people can help and are staff (purely volunteer position) that they should do so. Zach and Fiber just want to argue with him tooth and nail because god forbid he ever did anything right. Stop being butthurt and look towards the future.
I think you're unfairly lumping me together with Zach.
I wasn't disagreeing with Godzilla. People should help out if they want to.
It only becomes a problem, in my eyes, when people begin to expect staff to do more than what their job entails.

"You're a PR that doesn't do graphics? Way to be lazy."
Old 01-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I think you're unfairly lumping me together with Zach.
I wasn't disagreeing with Godzilla. People should help out if they want to.
It only becomes a problem in my eyes when people begin to expect staff to do more than what their job entails.

"You're a PR that doesn't do graphics? Way to be lazy."
Do we even need PR's? I don't think so. We have a support system in place for people to use and admins can sort issues out through that. We don't even need PR's. What do they even do apart from warp around annoying people.

Gun skins, jeez man. Who gives a ****? Matter of fact, who the **** even wants a pink gun? Seriously. Grow the feck up.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Do we even need PR's? I don't think so. We have a support system in place for people to use and admins can sort issues out through that. We don't even need PR's. What do they even do apart from warp around annoying people.

Gun skins, jeez man. Who gives a ****? Matter of fact, who the **** even wants a pink gun? Seriously. Grow the feck up.
I'm not even really sure why you're directing that at me, but I think you should read what you wrote and think about who actually needs to grow up.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I'm not even really sure why you're directing that at me, but I think you should read what you wrote and think about who actually needs to grow up.
I didn't direct nothing at you. Maybe you need to learn how to read?
Closed Thread