Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
no you didnt
I did, I've been running over start island (back when it was on a seperate gmap than main island) for some months, maybe a year if I remember correctly. I had fun there and met one or two french players.
My name wasn't Soala back then though, maybe x-trem shadow or whatever lame nickname I had when I started. I didn't play much, maybe a total of 20hours-ish over some months, I wasn't "addict" yet.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
2006-2007 (dont really remember): Found Graal Online after searching for Zelda 2d Online, started on Era as a chief noob. Stopped playing because of the strange trial system on Era back then that made you lose all your items after you logged out.

January 2009: I found Graal again and started playing alot and having fun.

Now: Don't play Graal, i've bought 15 + Gold Subcriptions or so and it started becoming way too expensive.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
So whats YOUR story.
The early years...

Introduced to Graal in like 99~ by my cousins thought it was pretty cool but that was way back when I had a Mac PPC 6 or 7 (Gameboy Emulators though, they were great) so I couldn't play it at home, so there was a far amount of time in between that then I eventually got my first eMachine (POS) but it was really cool having windows. Got myself a P2P account in the summer of 01 and played G2K1 for a few months but I eventually just gave that up.

My return...

Came back 2 years later and started playing GK, eventually got P2P again and VIP, played GK for quite some time and did the usual noob stuff like become a C. Pirate. Someone maybe Zeus I don't remember massed out they were hiring for Zodiac, so I tried out and eventually became a LAT and started to learn how to script (trial-n-error + examples).

I met some interesting people while working for Zodiac, puppin who's ****ing crazy about levels and really pumps them out. Ruxxter_Phantom, learned most of my GS1 from his work. NeoXed, learned a few things but nothing I can really remember. Fogles, he was alright before he went all anti_graal and stuff.

Up until then Zodiac wasn't really going places sorta standing still with me and puppin doing most of the work on our own but we were still finding ourselves being harassed by Malorians from time to time. Eventually Yen showed up and pretty much did his own thing and turned the server into the Zodiac players are playing now. He also brought/invited his buddies to the server like Kaidenn, calani, and other scripters. During this time I was Admin but after the server went Classic we got rid of Zeus (Owner/Paid for Zodiac) for whatever reason, I also started to learn GS2 and did alright. I eventually got the Manager position, things were going alright, and then Yen got banned, he went insane, and was never the same when he came back. calani had removed him before he could do any real damage to the server (his clone was pretty cool though).

I then started listening to a player and did some balance suggestions and basically calani fired for me (thought I was acting on Yen's behalf) for it, and Frotter was gaining ground/staff-power on the server. I was bitter for it but I went on to other things for a while, and my Graal history gets hazy from there but Zodiac went through some ****.

I don't remember that next part that well but the gist of what happened...

Then Drander got Manager and rehired me a few months later as a scripter and I made some new friends like Twizt3d and others. I did some casual scripting and re-did a lot of systems and learned how existing ones worked. I also made a cool little staff tool that basically let me call a line of GS2 in my ChatBar. I was sorta getting burnt out but still talking to Yen and I let him log on my RC using my pcid, ~Mancers, and Freelance were then born. This was discovered and I was fired, but I gave away some items I had on me and caused a rollback that was pretty funny, I still also had my staff tool but I didn't do much with it.

account: Jerret
2007-07-15 22:27:08 on all by Stefan:
global ban
Banned for: Hacking
Reason: Staff abuse leading to give out of illegal items on Zodiac

account: fowlplay4
2007-11-03 15:13:12 on Zodiac by Vulcan:
local ban
Banned for: Account Sharing
Reason: Account sharing/Global Ban evasion

Those bans happened during the time-line I described in the last paragraph. I took some time off but still stayed in touch with some of the people like MD. I also supplied some scripts to a GAT+LAT to make an item spawner via baddy drops, not sure if they rolled back on that one or not.

My second return...

Some time would pass and then MD got some power and I had pretty much got all the evil out of my system. Drama ensued between MD and Drander because I really couldn't be trusted but MD persisted and eventually I was working on Zodiac Dev doing random work. Manager changes happened rapidly, went from Drander to Zeus/stand9 or w/e his name is, to Relic and MD for a little bit before Bell removed them. Bell's choices have literally been exhausted, but she did trust me again and put me and selflon_p2p in charge. I had been doing my own thing when the others were Manager like completely re-writing and cleaning up the mess Yen and countless others had created. During this time was plenty of staff drama on the server, and a lot of evidence pinned up against MD (so many people wanted him fired it was ridiculous).

I really just wanted to develop again, and spent that summer of 08 doing a pretty big update to Zodiac, new buff system, hundreds of balance related changes. A month or so later I fired MD and a lot of staff-related drama disappeared it was great. I also put Xor in the Co-Manager spot and he did ****ing awesome (awesome enough to be picked for PWA). I kept doing the Manager thing, while I was in college even dipped into Zodiac V2 a little there but lost interest and got really busy in my second year and have since lost motivation to continue with that project.

Then Classic iPhone came out and Stefan made Xor Manager of it, and he let me script on it for him. I made the initial sparring system for the server and have since made whatever else Xor requested of me for quite some time now.

I graduated from the program I was in in College and got my diploma and am now working full-time and still doing the Manager thing on Zodiac as a hobby.

That was pretty boring to write.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
I did, I've been running over start island (back when it was on a seperate gmap than main island)
That was like, as recently as 05, if not even later
Old 10-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That was like, as recently as 05, if not even later
hahaha.. -_-
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
late 2006 - played as trial, account name: lizzyfish123
2007 - elizabeth was born with a gold and lifetime? classic subscription.. played GK
2008 - met pojo
2009 - chilled on un
2010 - dont rly play much graal anymore but when i do i'll play un or era on the occasion
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I did, I've been running over start island (back when it was on a seperate gmap than main island) for some months, maybe a year if I remember correctly. I had fun there and met one or two french players.
My name wasn't Soala back then though, maybe x-trem shadow or whatever lame nickname I had when I started. I didn't play much, maybe a total of 20hours-ish over some months, I wasn't "addict" yet.
Back in 2001 GK as we know it wasn't there. So.. no start island I'd imagine. I wouldn't know that for sure since I started in 2004 but I'm pretty sure Pojo is right.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
99-00 - Started playing graal with my first account named gokuandgohan on n-pulse. Got bored with that and started playing Bravo.

00-01 - Started playing a few other servers but found out my real home server was bravo. Bravo became a gold server and had to upgrade to play. Lol. Then eventually became a LAT on bravo/andor met some cool people. Went over to graal2001 and started playing that out till I fully realized andor was my main server. Got my Sky account from lyndzey.

01-02 - Started learning gs1 with the awesome serverside scripting cause andor was one of so many servers that was p2p so we had anpc-server. Made some more cool friends until I became Manager of andor. Decided to turn it back to bravo along with MD.

02-03 - Still managing bravo but got bored because MD ruined what it was supposed to be so quit being manager and started talking to anUk(MarkB) more and more until he hassled me into start playing GK.

04-present - Basically jumping between random playerworlds as LAT until I decided that all other servers were lame and just stayed on GK.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
My memory is pretty hazy but i'll try and spark it.

2000/2001 - Introduced to Graal through my brother, i thought it was pretty cool and played it casually on a trial account called CrimsonKnight. Pretty much only played Classic at the time. Quit for a couple of years but Graal would crop up later on.

03-05 - Came back to Graal, completely forgot my old account and started MajinDragon. Stayed as a trial for about 6 months playing casually on Zone and Maloria, mostly Zone. Decided to get lifetime classic. Played Maloria as my main server, barely visiting any other servers. My love for events pretty much started here, I'd always try and learn fast and practice when i could (not many opportunities). Winning soon became an expectation, and with my desire to always win came an arrogance that has stuck with me. With no development talent, or real desire, i joined the events team. Deciding to host instead of participating all the time.

05/06 - The end of Maloria. After this is played alot of different servers trying to find a new home. To this day i still blame Maniaman and the development staff of 06 for Maloria's demise, even though it was a long time coming. At this time Zone was still pretty good, but was introduced to Graal Kingdoms properly by Storm.

Played pretty casually for the next year or so, Zone being my main choice. Constantly hoping Maloria would return during this period.

07/present - Found a new home in Graal Kingdoms, my grind was paying off and it wasn't so bad to play. Caught some crucial breaks in the item chase that put me in a fortunately comfortable position which i still hold to this day. After winning so much i also decided to join the Events Team of GK in late 2009 or early 2010 (hazy). Hosting has been a refreshing change to my normal grind which i still keep up.

No i just sit in trade with Dennis, dreaming up ways in which GK could be the perfect game and have thousands of players. Occasionally reminisce about the good old days with Maloria, Zone, Sands of Glory (shout out), and Zodiac pre-calani.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
Back in 2001 GK as we know it wasn't there. So.. no start island I'd imagine. I wouldn't know that for sure since I started in 2004 but I'm pretty sure Pojo is right.
Meh, all I remember is that I was 9 when I started graal, so maybe I started during 2001 and not late 2000. That's still 9 years back, half of my damn life o_o
I don't know if I started GK first or another server. It's really blurry u_u
Old 10-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Mmm lets think.

Summer 04 (10yrsold... the beginnings) - My Diablo 2 account got hacked by some douche bags, I had been a D2 addict for about 2 years, but I just cried and went looking for a new game. Google something along the lines of 'Online Multiplayer Games' and found two that seemed cool: Runescape and Graal.

At first I went to a Graal Kingdoms website and was like HAO2PLEY?! and couldn't figure it out... so I tried Runescape. I played RS for about a month or so and was like EWW (I was a sweet 10 yrold) so I went back and looked for the other game (Graal). I found the web page and started playing on Zone (it averaged 40-60 players and was really fun at those times). After playing zone hardcore for a while (I would use macroers to keep my character moving around and stay online for weeks straight so I didn't lose my items) I got bored and went looking for new things.

early 05 - I had stopped playing Graal because it got annoying losing my items and I went around looking for some new games. During these endeavors I started naming all my accounts xXRogueKillerXx because it sounded cool...

Summer 05-06 - I went back and played Zone under my new name, but it was still boring so I started playing Era as well (I liked guns...). I hung around and started befriending the people and one of them (Sia) gifted me a P2P account named L0rdM4rU under the conditions that I supply him with money every week for ammo/etc. Was naming 'Rogue' for short. But I had used this account to play more than Era though, P2P opened a new world for me and I started playing on Zodiac and some UC servers (mainly Utopia... guns). Then my computer broke the summer of 06 and I lost the account password, he never told me it again.

late 06-07 - Went back to Era/Utopia and started learning to develop/play the game for real. Met most of the people I still talk to during this time.

07-08 - Started playing Ol'West and GK aswell as developing for Utopia (stopped playing Era). Met more people. Upgraded during this time (no more lifetime classic what?).

08-09 - No more fun Utopia, made mad content on Graal Ghetto but it utter failed under horrible management. Also Ol'West died sometime around here. Went back to Era and got hardcore into GK.

09-10 - Got really good at GK until I was hacked and lost all my items. So just Era now, but I got banned a bunch of times cause hacking was fun when Squirt/Chris were managers. But then it got boring and I decided to just ownage the economy and became rich as fk (before all the USD/CST/Spawning/Etc.). Then Chris spawned me a TG, some stuff happened, he got fired, and Era is the ****hole it is today.

Now - Reppin' that Trial Status (rarely log-in), occasionally owning nubs on Era, being a D-Bag on these forums, getting a life, going wild.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Too old to remember clearly lol

I started in the late 90s (98 or 99?) randomly looking for "Zelda Online" with my crappy 3rd world dial up internet.

I remember a while later it was a big deal when pay servers/accounts came out cause it was said that we will never have to pay.

I became FAQ on Graal 2001 when it was released and later became FAQ Chief and Developer (gfx + ganis)

Graal 2002/Kingdoms came out and a while later I Dev'd there too and became King of Forest.

Afterwards, I got addicted to helping and making those lil animations so I eventually climbed to Global GFX Admin, PWA, Forum mod, support center rep.

Quit after a few years when life got busy, when my best friend on the game quit as well (Lance), and a combination of poor management + "politicking" made the game as lively as it is today

From a young age, it somewhat simulates the type of people you come across in the real world in terms of work, trading, and socializing as well as introduced me to a culture that was different to where I grew up. (Of course today there are many other MMO communities that probably provide a better representative sample...but this was my 1st).

I now randomly check up to see the community and hope that one day Graal can shine again. I would kill to simply play "old Classic", even if it was deserted...I miss the old quests and nutty items :P

Edit: Wow @ people playing at 8 and 9 years old lol

Last edited by --Chris--; 10-13-2010 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: Wanted to add a comment.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
that wasnt 2001-2002
Old 10-14-2010, 12:04 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
i came, i saw and i failed.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 10-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
that wasnt 2001-2002
I told you, I barely remember when I started GK, I don't even know if I first started GK or another server. All I know is that I made my account in 2001.

Is there any way to check such account informations anywhere btw?