Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2008, 04:30 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
RoW spawn rate? and the gear situation in general.

The spawn rate of RoW should be raised in my opinion. RoWs are pretty much impossible to get without a paypal account or old rare event items.

RoWs selling for 1500+ diamonds (after actually finding a seller which seems to be even harder than finding a RoW in one of the npc shops) creates an even bigger gap between players and that's something the experience curve already takes very good care of.

RoE, being the equivalent of a RoW to a caster, still sells for 500 diamonds. It could however be because the rest of the caster set is rather hard to acquire (which is another issue that should be dealt with.)

I recently started playing again after a long break and I basically started back on square one and I don't see how I could possibly gear up again without spending my in real life earned money on pixels and e-genitalia.

Either raise the spawn rate of Ring of War or release a larger variety of gear for everyone! Or let's do both!(!!)
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:34 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Every PK'r's gear will become identical. We need a bigger pool of items to choose from.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:38 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Every PK'r's gear is identical. We need a bigger pool of items to choose from.
fixed
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:39 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
fixed
True enough.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
I agree 100% with you Felix, mostly because I'm in a similar situation to you.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:38 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
RoWs selling for 1500+ diamonds
I bought 1000 rings and got one RoW and one RoE. I may have gotten lucky, but I doubt that the spawn rate is so low that that price is justified. You could probably make a huge profit spawning RoWs if you can sell them for that much.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I actually disagree with this. And for the same reason I did some years ago. Raising the spawn rate of RoWs will only lead to players repeatedly trying to spawn them. This leads to players exploiting the alchemy system to gain a monopoly over the supply (which I could actually do if I were bored enough) and the values of literally all limited-supply event item values to become even more expensive to players than they are now. With the price of RoW going down, the value of event items will go up because nobody will want to trade off their best equipment for an item that your idea would effectively turn into vendor trash.

Sorry you can't come back and instantly have high-end gear in your coffers, but your satisfaction is not worth running an economy into the ground for. We've had a fair amount of economic stability lately, and fashioning the server to your liking isn't going to fix anything in the long run. Your idea promotes the notion that somehow rising prices on a ring that has always been rare are a result of the game mechanics and not the players, and it's faulty. Quite a handful of players have had Rings of War, and quite a few of them have quit. RoW, RoE, and other rings are set at a healthy spawn rate for being staples of our server's economy. It's just going to take them a long time to repopulate.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:19 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The rate should be risen, in my opinion. RoWs price value has tripled. It is impossible to get even one RoW, even for an item such as an Inferno Dagger.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I smell exaggeration. Funny enough, I've tried selling off one of my RoWs, and they don't seem to be fetching anywhere near that outrageous price.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:21 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
And I tried buying them, and they seem to be fetching those prices.

People are obviously going to make a lower offer as opposed to the people trying to make a profit off releasing a RoW.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
The RoW is the best ring for physical combatants in the game, there should not be any more than there already is.

This goes beyond gear - there is more of a problem with the system than there is the items.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:29 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
This goes beyond gear
You can PK with items X, Y, and Z. You may sometimes substitute Y with V, and Z with G, but X is a staple that is required. You may not use your favorite items, A, B, and C, nor should you consider using the attractive items P, J, and dual Os. You will use the the original items mentioned to PK, no exceptions.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Magnificent Bastard
If players are jacking up their prices and you're fool enough to give in, whose fault is it that you're out 1500 diamonds for a ring? And does that instantly set the standard for prices? No. The buyer just walks around complaining about how much s/he spent on it to everyone, and people seem to assume that's the new selling price for the ring. The only good reasoning behind it is that sellers are probably trying to squeeze you for every diamond they can.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You can PK with items X, Y, and Z. You may sometimes substitute Y with V, and Z with G, but X is a staple that is required. You may not use your favorite items, A, B, and C, nor should you consider using the attractive items P, J, and dual Os. You will use the the original items mentioned to PK, no exceptions.
...And you think this is a problem with gear?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
...And you think this is a problem with gear?
More gear options would be a minor fix. And minor changes are as much a part of GK as RoWs are.

The point is, they're almost essential for pk'ing. It's not your everyday petty item that you keep for reselling, it's actually an important part of the game that is required for getting the fullest out of bmode.