Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
UDP mode/mic

I switched back from cable to DSL last month, and it seems like UDP mode isn't working anymore, and I can't hear anyone's microphones.

Why is this? For any other application that uses UDP, it works fine, but why not on Graal? Why is it so buggy/picky?

When I turn it on, a lot of people become unresponsive and their characters no longer update/move or anything.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
To counter this I set Graal to use a select port and allow both UDP and TCP traffic to that port in my router. I think I unchecked the UDP box. It allowed me to use my mic and resolved my other issues regarding players not moving.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
You have to forward the ports.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
How do I do that?

I followed a tutorial and it's not doing crap.
This shouldn't be happening.
Why does it break when I'm on DSL instead? It worked with cable. Other applications that uses UDP works fine too.

They need to fix this.

Last edited by EclipsedAngel; 07-17-2009 at 04:25 AM..
Old 07-17-2009, 04:41 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a router? If not, it's probably because your DSL modem has firewall, in which case you have to get inside it and forward the ports. If you dunno how to do this post the make/model of the modem and google can solve the puzzle.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
I have had my router even while I had cable, which is when my microphone was actually working.

I'm thinking you're right about the modem firewall thing.
I just remember that last time I had DSL, I used a different port and I think it worked.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
So I forwarded the port on my router, and modem, and it still doesn't work.
This is getting really annoying.

I was going to call my ISP but it says crap about entering digits that I don't know, to get a hold of customer service.

I sure hope that this "server-based voice chat" is in version 6, or a better handling of UDP is in version 6.

Last edited by EclipsedAngel; 07-17-2009 at 01:12 PM..
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 PM
What port did you forward? Also did you remember to check "Use fixed port for UDP" and uncheck "Don't use UDP for data packages"? Have you checked your local ip again? Might have changed when you changed the modem, never know.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:54 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't the modem direct all traffic to the router anyways? Is it necessary to port forward through the modem?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
What port did you forward? Also did you remember to check "Use fixed port for UDP" and uncheck "Don't use UDP for data packages"? Have you checked your local ip again? Might have changed when you changed the modem, never know.
lol of course.

I forwarded 14922 on my modem and it's still not working.
I know I'm doing it right, but for some reason it's still not working.

I know it's the modem's fault because I turned off my firewalls for a second and it still didn't work.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
So I talked to my ISP and they told me to switch my modem from "router" mode to "bridge" mode, and now I can hear my mic working on my other client.

Last edited by EclipsedAngel; 07-18-2009 at 08:25 AM..