Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone Suggestions.
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Instead of a bed, for those of you who have played "B.O.B." for the Sega Genesis, maybe that style of healing could be implemented.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's basically a charge station that connects to your nerves and heals you gradually.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
Instead of a bed, for those of you who have played "B.O.B." for the Sega Genesis, maybe that style of healing could be implemented.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's basically a charge station that connects to your nerves and heals you gradually.
Pretty swell idea.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelArbiter View Post
I can honestly say if I came on zone and all of my stuff was gone it would be the last time I logged in there.
You probably don't log on already, seeing as how there's hardly a person ever on Zone except for an hour or two maybe. Besides, everyone would have to start over, not just you, giving you a chance to get ahead of everyone before oldbies come back (if they decide to).
These ideas are to make the server BETTER and keep improving it, so how could it be terrible?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:43 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
I guess I just thought it was more obvious I wanted things done to the server prior to the reset. Not "just so players can work/lame their way back up to the top," ya know?
A few others, including me, thought otherwise than.

Quote:
Are you still 11, or have you aged?
LOL.

Hi Ricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelArbiter View Post
No I have aged but if I lose all my items and the server is still terrible I won't be going back on.
Exactly, that's why changes should occur and be tested before something that drastic happens.

Quote:
..(Stuff About Healing)..
That could make more use of base 1.

Or make real items that actually might heal in real life, but over time. Who eats a cookie and is healed? Although Zone is futuristic, I don't think a Cookie will ever magically heal you so much.

Also, heals over time would make healing more strategic, opposed to running/jet packing away and instantly healing and running back at your enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Besides, everyone would have to start over, not just you, giving you a chance to get ahead of everyone before oldbies come back (if they decide to).
That's just dumb, reseting the server so players will have something to work towards again. You'll cause more players to quit for a certain ammount of time than bring in, and those that do come in, once they realize nothing's changed and it's the same old crap, Zone's back at starting point 1 and Zone becomes a dependant server on resets so players can work back up to the top again. HORRIBLE thought process.

Though if changes occur, things might differ.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:06 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Though if changes occur, things might differ.
That's the point of this thread.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Live to Laugh
Desear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desear Send a message via MSN to Desear
I agree with the first post completely.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
I agree with jkool on this, his ideas for removal of certain weapons are great and gelats and the removal of trials being able to wear global guild tags have both influenced zone with a negative effect and should be fixed, though i disagree with the removal of rps and bps but rather host events for these two weapons (once per 2months?) and make them perm again, as well as making all guns perm.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:19 PM
zorinkelpekem is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zorinkelpekem Send a message via Yahoo to zorinkelpekem
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikMasterMind View Post
I support everything aswell.

My request: Remove some weapons, add them to a shop where they could only be bought with Game Award points. Each different planet's Game Award points won't be the same. So in Koth's GA points shop, they would be different weapons than Iricia's Point shop.
Good idea =D, but like DuBsTeRmAn said, they will lose loads of players >.< i don't think anyone wants a reset

Old 08-22-2009, 04:11 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorinkelpekem View Post
Good idea =D, but like DuBsTeRmAn said, they will lose loads of players >.< i don't think anyone wants a reset
This plan should really be put in play, it's something I can see bringing back and/or in new players.

Reset? That's what everyone says, but once the server resets and it's back up, they'll all come crawling back at some point. People say that to try and scare the owners into not doing it, but if the gameplay is great, and things get better, they're bound to come back and play regardless of what they said in the past.

Zodiac is a prime example for me and if you've been around for their resets. Just about anyone not willing for a reset was going all
Quote:
If you reset, I'll never play this dum server again!! me and my friends too!!
Along with multiple messages similar to that. What happens later on? They came right back because they can't resist the gameplay and new features/changes that were made within the downtime for the server to reset and such.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:00 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
This plan should really be put in play, it's something I can see bringing back and/or in new players.

Reset? That's what everyone says, but once the server resets and it's back up, they'll all come crawling back at some point. People say that to try and scare the owners into not doing it, but if the gameplay is great, and things get better, they're bound to come back and play regardless of what they said in the past.

Zodiac is a prime example for me and if you've been around for their resets. Just about anyone not willing for a reset was going all Along with multiple messages similar to that. What happens later on? They came right back because they can't resist the gameplay and new features/changes that were made within the downtime for the server to reset and such.
Took the words out of my mouth.

I also concluded a lot of these ideas would require very little development work.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Futurism is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Futurism
I approved the weapon parts cause u have no chance to won BPs or RPs in a event put them in Zone shop (Ircia shop).
Old 08-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Frazzle is on a distinguished road
I agree with everything in the first post.

The server has lost a lot of players due to these mistakes and is therefore losing a lot of money from it. Trying new ways to attract more players should be #1 on the management's list. They would be foolish to not consider this idea.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Party all the night
muupig is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muupig
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorinkelpekem View Post
i don't think anyone wants a reset
I do.
I want to rank up and get all medals again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted_Love View Post
Weapons that should be removed/altered (in my opinion):
Guns like red pistoles or blue pistoles should be kept.

I also agree with almost everything you've said.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:49 PM
I'ma Pimp Toast!!
Leoxx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Leoxx
Once again, just wont be happy seeing my items from upgrading go bye bye. One of the reasons I upgraded was JUST to get the doubleshot.

I have no problem seeing it switched to a specific class though. And as much as I like my black sabre, I'll be a-okay going back to nothing. Knowing me, if we had enough people playing, I could get to general in a day.

I'll be quite happy with the reset, but at least let the players keep something from it lol.

As for the healing thing, maybe let medics heal at a constant rate instead of instantly. Possible lower the energy cost too. That way people would have to sit and wait until they are healed enough to go out and fight again, and medics cant just wip out the meds, heal, then start fighting again as if nothing happened.

This will also make it better if the medics had to sit still (cause i dont think anyone can patch someone up while running) because they couldnt heal themselves on the run.

That should increase strategy .

This is Bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him achieve world dominance. =]
Old 09-17-2009, 12:02 AM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
Merf medics? You wish! 